TJ09

2013-05-22 - DC's 7th Birthday - Day 1

Managed to get all that I need during the hour drop. I honestly can't even see the 5 min ones.

Good luck to those still hunting. I will be back this time tomorrow!

Im not the only one catching 6 eggs so I can AP and Gift them right?? Just checking. tongue.gif

If you have a mouse with a wheel, clicking with the wheel opens a new tab, and then you can F5 the tab you were in.

That doesn't work on my mouse.

Im not the only one catching 6 eggs so I can AP and Gift them right?? Just checking. tongue.gif

nope smile.gif Catching for a friend/gifting here to, only keeping two for myself.

edit:@Riverwillows Does holding ctrl down while you hit f5 open what you click in new tabs? It's how I usually hover/spazclick "catch" eheh

Edited by Erithan

again, if anyone has any spares they dont want, ill take (later i guess).

oo I'm jealous of that code! Nice grab!

Can't say it was planned, but I was very pleased with it nonetheless when I noticed!

I'm using Chrome on an iPad. The whole screen is a trackpad. Basically I position one thumb over Refresh and a finger over an egg slot, and rapid fire seesaw between the two fingers. Caught two already (and missed the xx:20 drop…)

Can't say it was planned, but I was very pleased with it nonetheless when I noticed!

I imagine! smile.gif

edit:@Panic Siren Have you tried IE ? I know FF failed me, but switching to IE I was able to catch.

Edited by Erithan

Hey, guys, who else is hoping that tomorrow brings a new in-cave spriter? Because I remember these guys and am 90% sure they aren't.

Caught one egg on the five minute drops; this was after several unsuccessful tries. I had only the one browser open because my computer's too slow if I open more than one; just set my mouse over where an egg would appear and then F5'd like a maniac until one did. Calling it quits for the night; I couldn't quite clear my scroll before the drop started, and if I grab anything else I'll lock myself. wink.gif

Many thanks to TJ and the spriters for making this crazy event possible! And best of luck to everyone who is still hunting tonight.

Nope, I'm doing the same. Hubby got his 6 now I'm after some to gift and drop in the AP. biggrin.gif

didn't think of Aping them

as they won't show for days lol

I am gifting though. First ones are already promised to someone

once they are off my scroll I'll try to get more and rinse repeat wink.gif

These look nice! Hopefully the other biomes will get some love soon, it seems like everything's in the Coast/Alpine now...

edit:@Panic Siren Have you tried IE ? I know FF failed me, but switching to IE I was able to catch.

Sadly, IE is even worse for me... :/

I just hope people will find they need sleep more than I do right now. It's my best bet. LOL

Did catching get a whole lot easier about halfway through the 1am drop? I am egglocked now with five of these and I couldn't get squat before. I am happy now and can go to bed.

Good luck to all who are still trying.

Happy Birthday Dragon Cave!

Thank you TJ and spriters for this event and the new dragons. smile.gif

slight problem, I know a handfull of players that hve multi accounts and yes I have reported them so whats to stop anyone from getting locked switching to another account and snagging more?

While there are always some players who will use multiple scrolls, that's really not creating the kind of impact that makes getting eggs hard on the first day of a release. It's just the crush of normal players. Besides, this would probably the easiest time for TJ to catch people using multis, as the same IP address would log on over and over again to fill up new scrolls, which would cut down on that issue even more.

But, even now, you can see that people getting theirs and then leaving the cave is working because a whole bunch of people who were saying that they couldn't catch anything after the first drop are now saying they've caught what they need.

nope smile.gif Catching for a friend/gifting here to, only keeping two for myself.

edit:@Riverwillows Does holding ctrl down while you hit f5 open what you click in new tabs? It's how I usually hover/spazclick "catch" eheh

Ok good because I know of atleast 20 people already that cant catch them or wont be in town for the event so im catching and sending new eggs to them..

The method I used for catching was clicking the last egg as quick as I could and back spacing right away I had my 6 in under 5 min. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Good Luck everyone!

324 users viewing the Coast at this moment blink.gif

(funfact: I'll probably be one of the unlucky ones to not be able to grab one)

Edited by verdaniasoul

I just hope people will find they need sleep more than I do right now. It's my best bet. LOL

Sorry to hear that sad.gif I hope your able to catch some when things calm down a little more.

324 users viewing the Coast at this moment blink.gif

(funfact: I'll probably be one of the unlucky ones to not be able to grab one)

Actually, that's down quite a bit. Could be very encouraging.

I hope that too! And to say, I hope early especcially for this on a vacation day in hopes of catching an egg. Hopefully better luck in the next hours.

While there are always some players who will use multiple scrolls, that's really not creating the kind of impact that makes getting eggs hard on the first day of a release. It's just the crush of normal players. Besides, this would probably the easiest time for TJ to catch people using multis, as the same IP address would log on over and over again to fill up new scrolls, which would cut down on that issue even more.

But, even now, you can see that people getting theirs and then leaving the cave is working because a whole bunch of people who were saying that they couldn't catch anything after the first drop are now saying they've caught what they need.

Does the IP address thing apply to family members using the same computer? Because my mom and sister also have DC and have there own scrolls and own eggs?? We all use the same laptop though... unsure.gifunsure.gif