SmileyPerson

Aywas!

See last posts for updates!

(I think there was a thread for this but it hasn't been touched since 2011 and I didn't want to Necro it.)

Join Aywas today! Click the image below to sign up!

user posted image

Aywas is a brilliant site with a large, friendly community. The aim of the game is: Play how you want!

Like collecting? There are hundreds, if not thousands, of site pets to collect. There are over a hundred different kinds of pet.

Here are some examples:

user posted imageuser posted image

These are 'Melos'. These are generally the most popular pet. :3

We also have Cheves:

user posted image

Unuses:

user posted image

And a whole bunch of others!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

(Continued in next post)

Edited by SmileyPerson

(Continued from above)

Collecting isn't your thing?

How about Customs? biggrin.gif

Aywas is all about the arty side of things when it comes to customs!

Users are free to change the lineart and/or colours of the pets to create their own, customised pets!

You do this through 'Custom Crystals' (though there are other custom-making items), using them to submit your edited pets for approval.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

For example, using some of my pets:

user posted imageuser posted image

These are both 'Metal' level customs. They are just recolours of the main base. There are no lineart edits, and so can be made with a Metal Custom Crystal.

Different levels of editing require different levels of Crystals - you'll learn how it works on the site. :3

Examples of edited pets:

user posted image --> user posted image

Metal --> Edited (Both site pets)

You also get a 'Human Avatar' that you can dress up in a vast variety of site and custom clothing. biggrin.gif

(Continued in next post)

(Continued from above)

So, you have some pets. What do you do with them?

A lot of people enjoy breeding their pets.

Now, the breeding system on Aywas is pretty unique. You use special breeding items to submit pairs of pets together. Pets on Aywas breed by magic, so you can breed two males, or a genderless and a hermaphrodite pet together - it doesn't matter!

When you breed two pets together, your breeding enters a 'queue' for breeding. The breeding artists then take the parents and mix them together. How they do this is up to the breeding coin used - some just swap colours, others swap edits.

This has the result of taking a long time - some breeding queues can take months to come back! However, the results are usually very much worth the time it takes.

You can find out about the different kinds of breeding coin when you join up!

Another thing a lot of people like to do is Adventure! In this feature, you can explore a range of areas with your pets, performing quests for locals, battling monsters and capturing more pets! You also tend to pick up a lot of BP, which I will explain below:

Money comes in three main varieties.

Blue Paws (BP) - the main currency. You can get this from Adventuring and playing games.

Gold Paws (GP) - this is the currency that you can buy with real life money. Don't despair if you don't have the cash for it - a lot of users sell their GP for BP, so you can save up a lot without spending a penny/dime!

Silver Paws (SP) - this is the reward currency. You earn it through site events, or by submitting a lot of site colourations.

There is so much to do on Aywas, and so much I haven't explained, so come and find out what the site is like!

You have to be 13 or over to join. Sign-ups require a little entry form - you should be accepted within a week of signing up!

Edited by SmileyPerson

Oh wow! ohmy.gif Those adoptables look awesome! blink.gif If I wasn't on lots of adoptable sites as it is, I'd join this one ^^; But yet at the same time, I want to join xd.png I swear these sites tempt me on purpose laugh.gif

You should join! <3

Aywas takes over your life! xd.png

Not really, but it's fun. :3 You could always join, have a look around and decide if you want to stay. :3

biggrin.gif Nice Koatl! Spirit of Space, right? :3

My account there is Sallin (#12505), so you can PM me there if you need anything! ^^

I joined earlier today as well, though I can't afford a pet just yet ^^; I did incubate an egg that was given in the newbie pack, but it won't hatch for another couple days or so ^^; And my avatar needs better clothes than the ragged ones I have now ^^; Edited by FluffyPillow

Awesome! What's your ID? I can send you a few of my spare clothes. :3

#49592 :3 I wish the item previewer would let you keep the items you try on ^^;

*Edit* And I found out how to adopt a pet :3

user posted image

Edited by FluffyPillow

Ahaha, yeah. *stares jealously at the pretty clothes* Ah well. xd.png

Edit: Sent some stuff!

Edited by SmileyPerson

Ahaha, yeah. *stares jealously at the pretty clothes* Ah well. xd.png

Edit: Sent some stuff!

Thank you :3 How do you purchase clothing on there? ^^; And How do you gain more BP ^^;

http://www.aywas.com/archives/money/

This is a little tutorial for making money, it's a bit out of date though. I think the mods are working on updating it!

The list of Games is here:

http://www.aywas.com/games/

You can make BP here.

And the list of official shops is here:

http://www.aywas.com/shopping/

And you can use this:

http://www.aywas.com/item_database/

To look up items and where they might stock. :3 You can also use the Shop Search feature (under the Shop bar) to search through user shops, to see the current market prices. biggrin.gif

Also, everyone's really friendly, and quite a lot of people give out pets to new users! Just look through the forums. :3

Visit the Newbie Giveaway forum (http://www.aywas.com/forum/board/41/) to get stuff to help you start out!

The art looks beautiful! I just filled out an application & put your referral code. smile.gif

biggrin.gif Nice Koatl! Spirit of Space, right? :3

My account there is Sallin (#12505), so you can PM me there if you need anything! ^^

Yep.

Thanks, if you want I can send you a friend request.

I almost have my human avatar done. All I need now is black bird wings and I will be done. I have about 17% of the BP that I need. This site is so fun for some reason.

I have two more questions, it says my pet is injured but its health is full, what do I do, also can my pet die some how??

Edited by Interitum

I've been playing since April last year... Not into Melos but Lernas are superfantastic.

user posted image

Precious c:

(Araks too, they're adorable)

Edited by Pika_Oi

@Glexelia: Awesome! Welcome to the site! <3

@Interitum: Sure, go for it! :3 Love to have more friends!

Also, your pets cannot die. You might have that injured status if you've tried to jump over a ravine in Adventure and not made it successfully. You just have to keep going in Adventure and you'll get a notice saying your pet has recovered. ^^

@Pika_Oi: Yess Lernassss!

Oh, we're 20 users away from reaching 50000! To celebrate this milestone, the Admins will be opening a special Prize-Box field with amazing prizes! The minimum prize is 50000BP and there are going to be a lot of the really high-valued items going in! biggrin.gif

The Prizebox field is open!

Edited by SmileyPerson

Oh, wow, that's a lotta people! laugh.gif Anyway, I already have an account, but I did log in to get me one of those boxes.

Got cash and something called a Book of Forsaken Energy. happy.gif Yay?

I believe I signed up a while ago and am ~29-33000, not sure of my exact ID. happy.gif Glad to see it's so popular!

It's a regenerating item that gives your pet 50 energy points for Adventure! :3 You can use it and it'll reappear the next day, I think! Well, it comes back at some point. xd.png