CleanMyWounds

What's the worst family situation you've seen?

Mine isn't as severe as some of the stories I've read, but here's mine:

My parents were always fighting when I was younger, and I would always remember hiding and covering my ears from their yelling. It was pointless arguing, but that pointless arguing lead to their divorce in the summer of 2009. I remember falling to my knees, sobbing and begging my dad to stay, but he just walked out the door and left. I couldn't do anything but cry and watch his car drive off into the night as my heart broke.

After that, everything went downhill. I wanted to live with both my parents, and not having them both there for me all the time really hit me hard. I stopped playing soccer, gained weight, got depressed and missed school countless times. I think I only showed up to school about once a week, if not less in grade 6. I wasn't suicidal, but I had given up on myself.

I started to see my dad more again in grade 7, and things did get better. I went to school more often, saw my friends, and was happier than I had been in a long time. Around halfway through March 2012, my dad's girlfriend got mad at my sister and was yelling at her. I was staying out of the fight, not saying anything. She stopped yelling at my sister and I thought she was done, but instead she turned to me and began saying horrible things to me that I can't repeat on this forum. I didn't even say a single word and she started to spew these horrible words at me. I sat there in horror, and when she was finished I ran outside into the snow, not even wearing my shoes or coat and ran. My dad eventually caught up to me and took me home. I was so upset by the things she had said that I began to see myself in her eyes. I stopped showing up for school again and blocked out the rest of the world. I got very depressed and was suicidal.

I wrote countless suicide notes and had countless thoughts of suicide, but I could never bring myself to do it. Finally, I decided that I would just get it over with. As I was finishing my note and picked up my knife, I took a last look at a photo of me and my family and I came to a realization: I could never change my mind if I did kill myself, and that I would leave all of my family and friends grief stricken. I realized that I could pull through, and that's just what I did.

I'm now happier than I ever was, have good grades, attend school regularly and will be graduating into grade 9 at the end of June. I'm glad I didn't kill myself that night, looking back it was foolish of me to even think of throwing away all possibilities of becoming who I am today.

There was a girl in Austrailia who's mom was beaten by a man from the middle east. She got out, but he came back for her. He sent her to where he was living, beat her, and forced his religion on her. He arranged for her to marry her second cousin. This is a true story...

Edited by DOLPHIN232