chariset

Able to look at lineage in AP

would you want to look at a egg/hatchies lineage in AP  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i think that if this is implemented, all the ones with low gen, nice lineage and such will be hog, leaving those messy ones without a home to go

and besides, it will kill ap coz of the lag

If it is an optional button you can turn on and off i think this will be good.

Sometimes I am looking for rares or uncommon so need a fast click time - other times I am looking for lineaged dragons as potential mates, and so far I have to grab it, look at the lineage, dump it and grab another while remembering the code of the first so i don't just grab it again. These are just commons so having the lineage viewer option would actually speed that process up.

I see no need for this at all, since picking up an egg you end up not wanting is hardly the end of the world. You can immediately abandon it, so where is the harm?

I think implementing this would most likely cause large amounts of lag without improving the game. It seems to me that it would also slow down the time it takes you to grab the egg, which would be a disadvantage for all but the commonest of the common breeds. While I'm checking the lineage of the egg, someone else is going "Ooooh, Ridgewing! *click*" Any egg that there is likely to be any competition for would probably be grabbed from under your nose while you are examining its lineage.

You can't pick up the same one over and over. Just saying.

Yes, you can. It happens to me all the time. Once another person picks it up and abandons it, your account sees it as "new" again. There have been messy-lineaged eggs I must have picked up four times by accident before starting to recognize them by code. :-)

To me, the question is "would people using lineage checks cause MORE lag than people grabbing, checking, and releasing eggs, or LESS?" It would mean fewer clicks, so it might conceivably cause less strain on the server than what people are doing now (or no appreciable difference,) in which case I'd support it as a more efficient option. If it would cause more strain, then I'm not for it.

I wouldn't because by the time you've viewed the lineage of a rare it would have been taken. I would use it to view the lineages of common commons only.

Actually, I support this for this exact reason. More people will be looking at the lineage of the rares, which would reduce competition for people willing to risk those 2 seconds it takes to reabandon the egg (like myself and probably plenty of people in this thread).

I don't see it as causing any more lag than our current system. Some people would still just nab the egg and look at it later and some people would glance at it first (most likely those looking for CB commons).

It would likely be a miniscule difference in load time, but it would save frustration on the part of those looking for CBs or particularly lineaged Commons. It IS a pain to have to sift for say... pebbles or Albinos to find a CB or 2nd gen. It would be nice to quickly know, at least, which ones are bred.

i think that if this is implemented, all the ones with low gen, nice lineage and such will be hog, leaving those messy ones without a home to go

and besides, it will kill ap coz of the lag

This idea wouldn't change whether people grab messies or not. Currently plenty of people grab the egg, look at the lineage seeing it's messy, and throw it back. But lots of people actually look for messy dragons for freezing.

I have an idea:

Have the link "lineage" under each AP egg. You can click it and see the lineage if you want, but it isn't going to affect you if you don't mind the lineages because you're just hunting uncommons.

Edit: Sometimes I look for CB or even-gen blockers. Other times I look for messy lineaged blockers for freezing or biting. So it doesn't really affect blockers being picked up. People who don't want messy lineaged blockers wil NOT raise them to adulthood even if they do pick them up. They'll just throw it back to the AP the instant they found out its lineage. So this will NOT make the AP blockage worse. Instead, it may raise people's interest in hunting in the AP.

Edited by love_HP

Markings wouldn't be a good idea imho but it would be great to be able to look at the lineage without clicking the egg first.

Like, I have one egg space free. I am looking for skywings in the AP, because I want a failbluna. I click all five I see there. I get the /code site for one, and the "you are overburdened" message for the rest. I need to type "lineage" in the place of "abandoned" five times to see their lineage. I see, say, that the third egg (one of the "overburdened" ones) is of a lineage I love. I abandon the first one and cross my fingers that the one egg I need is still there.....

It would be nice if the time left text would be a direct link to the lineage (which you can see without taking up the egg) while clicking the egg image would remain the "take the egg home" as it is now.