chariset

Able to look at lineage in AP

would you want to look at a egg/hatchies lineage in AP  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Would it be possible to code it so that a small image of the egg/hatchling's lineage shows up when you hover over the egg in the AP? I try to rescue CB or 2nd-gen eggs for hatch-and-release, but I spend a lot of time throwing back eggs with a messy pedigree.

It would be so much easier if I could see the lineage before taking the egg.

Also: Would it be possible to 'flag' dragons as caveborn (say, their names always show up in bold or something) on your scroll?

Totally support.

But I do the opposite, taking the messiest I can find since they're the least likely to be wanted. x3

And at LEAST in the breeding list. I see a lot more point there than on your scroll.

I support this as well. Many of my recent dragons are from the AP. I do hatch and freeze the messiest of dragons on occasion, so this would really come in handy.

I feel like, implemented in the AP, this would be very awkward (especially the longer the lineage gets). I can just imagine looking over the eggs with my mouse accidentally on top of one and suddenly having a lineage blocking my view of some of the other eggs.

I definitely think it would be nice for people to be able to see the lineage before picking it up, but I don't think a mouseover is really the proper solution.

It could cut off after a certain number of generations, and it would vanish the moment you take your mouse off the egg.

I'd also personally suggest it as optional, since I'm sure some would find it annoying rather than helpful.

I don't think a mouseover of an actual image would be feasible.. I'm not even sure if it could be coded. I know my web editor only allows text in a mouseover.

What would be nice is if it could just say caveborn or generation on mouseover.

As for the 2nd suggestion, I totally agree. We need 'something' to designate caveborns, but I think the majority would prefer a symbol (this suggestion has been made before). Something similar to the 'frozen' symbol and in the same column on your scroll.

That's one reason why I say optional. If your browser/internet/computer can't handle it you disable it and hunt the way you always have.

Edit: Images triggered by mousover are possible. Some of the most obnoxious advertizements blow up to cover most of your screen when you pass your mouse over them.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Nah, that would be too annoying. Imagine every time the AP is full, trying to search for an egg would be a pain because of all the images popping up. And images seem a bit much.

I can't see too many people using this either, since it would just apply to the AP.

Besides, catching and abandoning eggs is part of DC culture tongue.gif

A way to preview would be really nice, although I do wonder if this would cause common messies would just sit there and block the cave for even longer than usual.

Something to mark CBs in the breeding list would be really nice. I always forget which of mine are CB, and my scroll is pretty small compared to many of the ones I've seen around the forums!

Edit: Popup images could get really annoying, though, especially for people on slower connections. I like Cinnamin's idea- just a little text indicator of "caveborn" or "generation ___", and maybe whether they're inbred or not.

Edited by technobubblegum

By the time I'd checked the lineage someone else would have grabbed the egg.

And besides, I like the surprise of finding a great lineage when I've finally caught something.

So I would not use this.

I wouldn't use this feature myself, but I like the idea behind it.

I like Cinnamin's suggestion with technobubblegum's modifications worked into it.

I think a mouse over lineage preview might get in the way of hunting a little (plus my slow computer and slow Internet wouldn't like it). But maybe a link which opens a popup with the lineage in would be better?

I don't think I'd use either too much, but I know some people would. A as long as it's optional, anything like this would be fine by me.

And as for flagging CBs, we definitely need something to do that, especially in your breeding page if not on your scroll itself.

Edited by TheGrox

I would not use this at all and would find it quite annoying. It seems to me that it would actually decrease your chance of getting something nice because while you are checking out the lineage, someone else is clicking on the egg and capturing it.

If it were totally optional I would not be opposed to it for those who would use it.

I would not use this at all and would find it quite annoying. It seems to me that it would actually decrease your chance of getting something nice because while you are checking out the lineage, someone else is clicking on the egg and capturing it.

If it were totally optional I would not be opposed to it for those who would use it.

100% with purplehaze here. It takes seconds to drop again (especially if you turn off javascript so you don't have to enter anything, just hit abandon) and you'd not be able to see other lineages while hovering so the idea that you don't want to MISS some other egg by picking up and dropping.

If someone wants it, fair enough - but it better be optional xd.png

i personally think it may help people to not have to grab the egg and then abandon it because they dont like its lineage

Do not support. It's not any trouble to pick up an egg, see if you like the lineage, and then dump it if you don't like it. It's not like you have an abandon limit.

Edited by animals4501

How would this work? Would one mouse over the egg and see a preview of the lineage?

Would we switch to some sort of special "lineage-view" mode, where if we clicked on an egg it would show the lineage page, and there would be a button to grab the egg at the bottom?

Support. It's very irritating picking up an egg, looking for CBs and/or a good lineage, and finding that you're trying to pick up the same one over and over, or picking up messy ones all from the same breeder.

Although I have no idea how this would possibly be implemented.

Can't you already see the lineage of things in the AP by slapping their code into a lineage link? O___o it's a bit slow to do, but any more immediate way of displaying the lineage would probably make the AP really clunky.

you're trying to pick up the same one over and over,

Answer= look at the code.

This also would basically make the AP less fun- you'd know what you'd get and there'd be no pleasant surprise when you are randomly hunting in it and find the CB you need.

Answer= look at the code.

This also would basically make the AP less fun- you'd know what you'd get and there'd be no pleasant surprise when you are randomly hunting in it and find the CB you need.

Perhaps it could be optional?

In settings: View lineage preview when hovering over eggs in AP? y/n

Implementation: if you hover over an egg for 3 seconds, it shows a small preview of the lineage.

I don't support this. AP hunting would be easier, but I don't think it'd be right.

Perhaps it could be optional?

If it were optional, it would give a group of people an advantage.

I don't support this. AP hunting would be easier, but I don't think it'd be right.

If it were optional, it would give a group of people an advantage.

Only those that chose to use it. How would it give them an advantage? The game doesn't discriminate between lineaged and CB. (Except for the raffle. >_>)

It would only be a nice add-on for those who care about lineage.

Only those that chose to use it. How would it give them an advantage? The game doesn't discriminate between lineaged and CB. (Except for the raffle. >_>)

I'm not talking about CB/non-CB. What I mean is that people who use it would be able to find eggs with a desired lineage faster than those not using it would.