CleanMyWounds

Any fellow metalheads here?

What kinds of metal do you listen to? I'm going to guess most of you listen to metalcore.

I like a lot of thrash, viking, doom, progressive and black metal.

What are your top 5 metal bands?

In order, I'd say Pantera, Meshuggah, Amon Amarth, Cradle of Filth and Children of Bodom.

Here! cool.gif

My top 5 metal bands, in no particular order: At the Gates, Nevermore, Obscura, Dark Tranquillity

aaaand Solstafir.

I also like: Agalloch, The Crown, Bloodbath, Meshuggah, Insomnium, My Dying Bride, Hail of Bullets, Devin Townsend, Cynic and a lot of other (technical) death/progressive/post/extreme/whateveryouwant bands, except for really symphonic/operatic metal (like Nightwish) and too 'modern' stuff like metalcore - in my opinion that's a hardcore sub-genre anyway and doesn't have much to do with metal, except that it also has guitars in it... But that's just me, no offense intended to those who like it. wink.gif

Edited by Digital Decay

Depends on the album, tbh. I know the band, of course, but I wouldn't consider myself a die-hard fan. They have some nice songs and I do have their album 'Death Cult Armageddon' somewhere.

Same goes for Amon Amarth, by the way - they play decent music, but to me their latest albums sound pretty similar: good, but nothing really innovative, so I don't 'need' every single one of them. I'm sticking with Twilight of the Thunder God, which is still their best imo (always a fun time at parties - or whenever you have the urge to swing a giant axe.)

I like some symphonic metal, such as early Within Temptation, Nightwish and Epica.

It's probably more to do with the symphonic elements and singing style, I'm a classical singer.

such as early Within Temptation

I have the name Sanctus Espititus. c;

I like all kinds of rock/metal.

Ensiferum is a good band. I quite like Amon Amarth... Yeah. o_o

I like folk/viking metal and power metal the most and I'll listen to anything I find interesting. (What's metalcore?)

Top 3 would be (in no particular order) Korpiklaani, Lordi and Sabaton. I absolutely love those three. I also like Rob Zombie, Rammstein, Nightwish, Finntroll etc. but I'm more of a casual fan (don't know many songs unfortunately).

Me! Me, pick me!

Top five bands... Hm. I think Blind Guardian would definitely be number one, Turisas, Tyr, Ensiferum, Satyricon (Nice change, from frilly power and folk to SAAATAN!). Yeah. But I listen to a whole lot, from stuff like Opeth to Alestorm. And I love Amon Amarth. I can't chose just five bands haha. But I mainly listen to power metal and black metal, sometimes folk when I'm in the mood.

ETA: AND RHAPSODY OF FIRE!

Edited by Qwackie

For me, nothing tops power metal! I also love symphonic, folk, once in a while some speed, and basically any spin offs of those. xd.png I've been really into Italian and Japanese power metal lately.

Top five bands! Blind Guardian, Kamelot, Elvenking... hmm, I can't decide on the other two. I've been feeling Epica, Nightwish, Celesty, Derdian, Vision Divine, Stratovarius, Dark Moor, Galneryus and some others lately.

Omg Qwackie I'm so glad you mentioned Alestorm! Such an amusing band.

Edited by LadyTwi

For me, nothing tops power metal! I also love symphonic, folk, once in a while some speed, and basically any spin offs of those. xd.png I've been really into Italian and Japanese power metal lately.

Top five bands! Blind Guardian, Kamelot, Elvenking... hmm, I can't decide on the other two. I've been feeling Epica, Nightwish, Celesty, Derdian, Vision Divine, Stratovarius, Dark Moor, Galneryus and some others lately.

Omg Qwackie I'm so glad you mentioned Alestorm! Such an amusing band.

Falconer is a nice power metal band. Link:

I was totally "o___O wtf" when I found out that Dark Moor's former singer was a woman named Elisa. Whaaat.

I actually started listening to Falconer before I found Elvenking! I love their Swedish songs~ They're what got me into the folkish power metal. And yeah I think I have Dark Moor's older stuff, but I prefer their newer albums much more.

Anyway there's a nice little website called Last.fm that keeps track of what you listen to and has helped me discover a lot of great bands. I'm there under the same username as here~ Presto.fm is pretty good too.

Another metalhead here.. cool.gif My whole family is metalheads/rockers so yeah.

Anyway, I LOVE Symphonic metal and Viking metal. I really like Dimmu Borgir, Ensiferum and Equlibrium and lots of other bands..

Edited by Dragonclaw129

Yo! Nother Metal Head clocking in here!

Gotta say my #1 is still 'Tallica. Although St Anger was questionable, and Lulu was a joke, listening to Ride The Lightening or the Black Album can still send chills down the spine.

Beyond 'Tallica, in no particular order, Nightwish, Eluveitie, Iron Maiden and Rammstein. At least those are the ones that end up on my player the most often - I have a list of bands I love as long as my arm.

ETA: Disturbed! I can only assume I was really tired last night to forget them. I've probably spent almost as much time listening to Disturbed as I have to 'Tallica.

Edited by TikindiDragon

My faces would have to be Bless the Fall, Escape the Fate, The Devil Wears Prada, and As I Lay Dying.

I've also heard but don't much like Behemoth, Chelsea Grin, Bring Me the Horizon, and Whitechapel.

sup, fellow metalheads! my favorite metal bands are As I Lay Dying, Disturbed, and Slipknot. I'm the lead vocalist for my band, and we're influenced by them. my band's name is "Pariah", and we're from Maryland. we'd really appreciate it if you checked us out and helped spread the word about us. thanks!

Here's another metalhead xd.png

I listen mostly to symphonic, folk, gothic or melodic death metal. It's hard to pick only 5 favorite bands, but I could list Moonspell, Epica, Amon Amarth, Eluveitie and Chthonic as my current favorites.

hard to pick a favorite band, but I'd have to say either disturbed, metallica, or tool.

Though, I gotta say, it's been a while since I really listened to metal. I've moved into other genres, and really enjoy indie rock/bands *v*

*rolls in*

Let's see, uh, these are the ones I like in no particular order:

-Kamelot (probably my favorite ever)

-Sonata Arctica

-In This Moment

-Nemesea

-Within Temptation

-Nightwish

-Helloween

-KoRn

-Demon Hunter

-Older Disturbed (I like some new stuff but not as much)

-Baroness

-Devin Townsend Project

-Deftones

-Godsmack (but only some stuff from the first two albums)

-Old Metallica

-oh yeah almost forgot about Slipknot

-Speaking of Slipknot, Stone Sour is also awesome

Some of them aren't strictly metal but whateverrrr. Also I'm sure there are more but I can't think of them at the moment.

As for some specific songs...

Edited by edwardelricfreak

You could tell I'm more fan for rock music but I love metal too. These are my favourite bands Nightwish, Haggard, Firewind, Kamelot, Metallica, System of a Down, Iron maiden, blind guardians and black sabath (I'm not sure where to put them if it belongs more in rock genre correct me). Of course there are more but these are coming to my mind right now.

[violently breaks down door because you mentioned metal]

Heavy metal, death metal, melodic metal, classic metal, nu-metal, classic rock, hard rock, not so much alt rock <--- These things are my lifeblood.

You guys all have excellent taste in music. I think my absolute favorites would have to be Pantera, Zombie, Marilyn Manson, KoRn, Dream Theater, Lamb of God, and Meshugga. I don't know what exactly you'd consider The Blood Brothers to be but those guys are hecka cool too.

Side note: Though they're not really "metal", if any of you like Marilyn Manson and/or Rob Zombie I would strongly suggest checking out Mindless Self Indulgence. Look up "Shut Me Up" or "Never Wanted To Dance".

I've been really getting into black metal and doom metal lately. Used to be that I mostly listened to power and folk metal, but I've been exploring the depths of random Norwegian bands from the 90's and some more recent bands and I love them.

Right now, my favorite band is probably Opeth. Mikael Åkerfeldt is amazing. I like all of their albums, even their very mellow, non-metal, progressive rock album Heritage that a lot of metalheads seem to hate. But I like it just as much- if not more than- their more death metal influenced albums like Deliverance.

Agalloch and Woods of Ypres are also at the top of my list right now. Too bad David Gold is dead, Ypres is becoming one of my favorite bands. They're like... Type O Negative mixed with black metal... David Gold and Peter Steele's voices were nearly identical, haha.

Speaking of Type O Negative, I've been listening to then a lot too. Again, too bad Peter Steele is dead too.

The black metal I've been listening to is mostly DSBM, I've really been getting into Xasthur and Leviathan lately.

As for the more stoner sorts of doom metal I've bee listening to, Electric Wizard is totally dope and you guys should check out Dopethrone. Yes. That's an actual name of a song.

Absolutely. My husband is one of the biggest metal heads I know, and we do share the love of many types of metal.

My uncle is on some Heavy Metal Cruise right now. So. Jealous.

Dimmu Borgir is tops. Shagrath is awesome and Vortex's vocals gives me chills. I love them from beginning to recent.

Opeth, Nightwish (w/ Tarja), Iron Maiden, Graveworm, Children of Bodom, Moi dix Mois, Fear Factory, Amon Amarth, Tristania, Metallica, Behemoth, Deicide, Pantera, Dissection, Finntroll, Epica, Miyavi, Dark Fortress... I could go on... and on... and on....

We also love KMFDM, Ministry and Rammstein, but they are that metal/industrial mix. Counts? Sure. Why not.

Been a Metal fan for about 16 years. But mostly just Black Metal, some Doom Metal and some traditional Heavy Metal. This is not the only music gender that I listen to, but there're so many geniusly original musicians in it that I had to admire. Yet recently I listen to Industrial/Electro more.

According to last.fm, my top 5 Metal bands are: Funeral, Bethlehem, Hypocrisy, Summoning, Black Sabbath. And I'd really like to add Iron Maiden, especially their Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

Additionally, the recent Behemoth is surprisingly good, they changed to a great direction since Nergal's recovery.

Edited by ishlia