TwilightMoonDragon

- Nightmare - | A Werewolf vs Weredragon RP

Raven looked over at Aiden when he joined them and smiled at him before having her attention be on Kieran when she heard what all he said. She had heard what the former said under his breath and had quietly giggled. Now she looked around the area with the latter and then growled as well when she heard what he said last. That's not good, she said with her ears straight up so that she could hear if anything tried to come up to them unexpectedly to attack them. She didn't like surprise attacks and it made her a bit uneasy and shifty. She liked being relaxed but if she was uneasy and shifty then she'd pace and wouldn't be able to rest until whatever had made her uneasy in the first place was taken care of.

Aiden became a little more serious when he heard what his brother said. He looked at Raven and saw she was taking it seriously too. He knew how she hated nasty surprises.

"Okay. this is easy." he said, standing "If they are out there in those trees, then they are NOT in neutral territory. So, we go out there, scout around, and....well...you dream up the rest if we find them." he chuckled slightly. He liked skirmishes and fights, and the peaceful clan meetings bored him, so for someone to be hiding in the woods.....it was like a dream come true.

He smelled the air and snorted "Oh yeah. Definitely picking up the mint here. It's enough to make a cat drunk."

Kieran nodded, liking the sound of Aiden's idea. Aiden had always been skilled at bending the rules.

"Okay. Let's break up, two of us go to the left, and one to the right to close in on the mint monster and flush it out. Fenrir stays here and lets us know if something comes up while we are searching. Okay?" he looked at the others for approval.

"But... but she is a Draykan" he whined, he was gonna pursue the matter further when he was stopped. Kieran mentioned a second scent; a scent Fenrir had not noticed.

He sniffed the air trying to detect what it was that Kieran had smelled but he found nothing strange; just a minty aroma which drifted along the wind. Truth be told, Fenrir liked the scent. His tail had begun to wag, his tongue had began to loll out his mouth. He was like a kid in a candy store; he had forgotten that Aki was even here.

Fenrir turned to look at Kieran as he overheard his plan, "I.. I can fight.." he suggested, a window of opportunity presenting himself. "C'mon.. I can really fight.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phaine left his spot; his instincts telling him that something was going on. The reaction of one of the lycan's down in the clearing suggested that he two had his suspicions.

The sudden introduction of that minty smell did not sit right with him. Naturally he would have smelled it long before he had arrived to this spot; had they been growing naturally in this area' their scent would have been here from the very beginning. Yet that was not the case.

He had not smelled a hint of mint on his way here; which could only mean that it was introduced into this environment externally, but by what or by who?

Phaine slipped into the shadows of the tree's and began to trace the source.

Edited by TotallyDrow

Jori rushed through the air, reveling in the freedom of flying. She did a corkscrew, just because she could and wanted to. Even if she might be late for the gathering, she didn't care. Down below, Joir spotted the gathering area. Already perched on a tree was another draykan. Was it... the Drummer Aki? Below her, on the grass, were lycans. She watched from above as they bickered and reared up, looking like they wanted to attack Aki. Jori thought about landing, but then changed her mind. She always liked watching drama as opposed to participating in it. That was her way.

Suddenly the lycans left off wanting to attack Aki, and instead started sniffing. What were they doing? Jori swooped in and landed in a flap of wings and swoop of air. Hopefully the lycans on the ground wouldn't react to her like they acted towards Aki.

Edited by Sylverfinger

Kieran looked at Fenrir uncertainly, and then at Aiden. A wiry smirk began to spread across Aiden's wolfish face, and Kieran could tell what his twin was thinking: IF they didn't find anything out there, they could take a moment and "educate" Fenrir slightly.

Without much of a change in expression he shrugged "Okay Fenrir. It's about time you showed us your stuff anyway. Just pay attention to my signals."

Aiden suddenly lost his smirk and he glanced at Raven "But, that means Raven will have to stay." the words came out of his mouth unexpectedly "Ummm... er...I mean, is that cool with you Raven?" next to his twin, he would have Raven watch his tail any day. She would be doing that now, more or less, but he kinda wanted her in....well....closer proximity.

He jumped slightly when another Drykan landed in the clearing, the pop of wind against her wings startling him, but he just looked at her and twitched his ears, then looked back at Raven.

Edited by StormCry

Raven listened to everything that Kieran and Aiden said, still looking around in the trees to see if she could find whatever had unsettled all of them. I'll stay here since Fenrir said that he'd go and I'm fine with staying since I'm all fidgety now anyway so I won't be able to focus on the task which won't be good, she said after hearing that Fenrir would go with the twins. She really didn't mind staying put in the gathering clearing since what she had stated earlier was true. Whenever she was uneasy and she was selected to go out and help find the source of it, she wouldn't be able to focus on whatever task needed to be completed. She only settled down after hearing that everything was okay and the source had been taken care of. She hoped that they'd be successful in finding the source or else she'd probably be up all night wondering what it was and if it was going to be a threat at all. She was then knocked out of her thoughts when she heard what Aiden said next after hearing what he had said to Fenrir and she said in reply with an affirmative nod, Yes that's fine with me. She then jumped a bit at the sudden appearance of another draykan but calmed down a bit shortly afterward.

((aw stormy you ninja.gif'd me sad.gif))

Edited by Dragonpelt

As he walked slowly through the forest Javon fingered the sword in his hands. Brushing against the sharp edge, stroking the smooth scabbard and lingering on the carved hilt. Quickly drawing the deadly weapon Javon moved in and out smoothly through the trees cutting down imaginary enemies. Hmm I should head over to the gathering. Coming to this conclusion, Javon morphed and loped off to meet his enemy.

((at the meeting wouldn't the leaders have to be in human form to communicate? Because I can see two wolves communicating but not a wolf and a dragon))

Edited by Raven301

((haha... ninja.gif 'd you?? You mean, I left? Yeah....kinda....just for a bit. I had to make some cookies. biggrin.gif And do a few other things not quite so pleasant. blink.gif

I'm gonna wait to post until TD catches up.))

((i mean that you posted before i did and i had to edit my post to add Raven's answer to Aiden's question and okay happy.gif))

Ryu-en noticed that his scent had been detected, and that the lycans were investigating. He truly did not want to be discovered here, so he slid silently through the forest, aiming to find a shadowed hollow among the trees on the mountainside. His soft shoes made no sound on the supple forest soil, and he was but a fleeting shadow to any paying close attention. Thankfully the scent of mint was still plenty powerful enough to cover his movement, and masked his passage even more.

Finding a secluded copse of trees, the interior of which was well hidden by talk ferns and brambles, Ryu-en once again became immobile, though now an arrow was knocked in his war bow, which he held firmly. He would be ready to draw and fire at a moment's notice, which would give a good enough distraction to let him turn and fly out of the area, most likely to return from a different direction after some time had past.

[DP: I thought that dragons could talk. She's turned, if that wasn't clear. She flew up to a high branch on a tree.]

They were reacting to something. She sniffed for what she thought was mint. She twitched her tail, both anxious and excited. If a battle broke out, she'd be useless for sure. No weapons were on her since she dashed to the meeting. "Keep the puppy in check before he wrecks any plans you form." She scolded them. She could fly away if something broke out between their mysterious pursuer and the lycans. She wasn't going to be involved.

"Really? Are you serious? I.... I can really join you guys?... This is so coool... I'm gonna be one of the warriors!!"

Fenri's tail had begun to wag at a rapid pace, his excitement increasing. He was a burst of energy that just couldn't keep still. This was his chance to show them that he had what it took to be a warrior. His momentof joy was cut short when Aki spoke, reminding him that there was a Draykan in their presence.

"Puppy?!... I'm not a puppy!" he growled "i'm... I'm gonna be a.... I'm gonna be a warrior!... Justyou watch!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((icefyre, Ryu-en is heading in the direction that Phaine is coming from, since he was leaving the mountainside to investigate, so they might come across one another by chance))

Phaine stopped, a rustling bush s few yards to his right causing him to tense up, the sound often indicating that something was nearby. He stood there as still as a statue, his whole body tensed and his head lowered as he stared at the culprit bush. A flash of grey darted out, phaine sighed. It was just a wild hare.

Since reaching this area, the scent of mint had surrounded him, he could no longer isolate its exact location; however he was sure that he was in the right place. He relaxed his body and continued to search

Edited by TotallyDrow

As Javon got closer to Moon Falls he slowed down and morphed back into a human. Slowly walking around the shadows of the clearing, Javon nimbly climbed the fallen tree and stood beside Sita, "I hope this goes well." He murmured to her.

((Ah! Okay. I got you now. Haha... sorry about that. It took me a while to come back and post, and I saw that you hadn't posted yet and I was like "Oh no....maybe she is waiting on me!" hahaha..... you can tell how easily confuuuused the Stormy person can get.))

Aiden sighed and nodded at Raven's answer, then he rolled his eyes at the Draykan's comment "Ignore her, Fenrir." he said loudly "She's just a typical female: all talk and no action." he looked back at Aki with narrowed eyes, then back at Raven quickly as he realized what he had just said "Uh, no offence. Your not a typical female." oh shoot....that didn't come out right either.

To quickly change the subject he looked at Fenrir and Kieran "Okay. Let's do this. I'll take the left." and with that, he turned and began to jog toward the trees on his left. He looked back at Raven briefly before disappearing into the trees.

Kieran nodded "Okay Fenrir. Just pay attention, keep your excitement under control and keep up." he said as he started to hurry into the trees "Your a pup sitter sometimes, right? Just think of it as playing hide-and-seek with the pups." he hid a slight smirk coming to his face "And, hopefully, it this wont be anything serious....like a hybrid. Nasty, devilish creatures they are. Sneaky too. They come quick and silent and kill fast. No pain and not a sound. Just lots of blood as they drag our bodies away to feast on." he was pleased that his voice sounded deathly serious, even though he was just doing this to set the stage for Aiden later on. Honestly, he had no clue what a hybrid looked like or did, and he was betting that Fenrir didn't either.

"okay.. I Got it.. Then...then once we find out what it is.. We attack right?... Even if it is a hybrid..." before he let the others respond, he blurted "Oh boy i can't wait.." with that said, Fenrir began to head towards the right his excitement growing. "this is gonna be the best game of hide and seek ever!"

Kierans attempt at trying to make the hybrids sound frightening only managed to rile fenrir up even more, the possibility that he may get to see one of them sending him to new levels of hyper. The more ferocious they were, the better. After all he was a proud lycan and firmly believed that they were at the top of the food chain.

"i can't believe it.. I might get to see a hybrid... a hybrid! he muttered as he went into the woods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vrael circled above the meeting area, his eyes spotting Jori and aki; a fleetling whose reputation rested upon her recklessness and a drummer whose maturity is sometimes brought into question due to her prank loving nature. On the bright side, neither the kaiser or the kaiserin were present meaning that he was not late.

He looked across to where the lycans were, both their leaders already present. Three lycans however had separated and headed into the woods. "what are they up to..." he muttered to himself, slightly curious. He glanced back at Aki, the highest ranked draykan amongst the three of them, her lack of action suggested that she didn't view the lycans actions as suspicious. He sighed and shook his head, getting these thoughts of suspicion out of his head, making assumptions and just plain thinking too much was just not part of his character.

With one more circle, he flew skyward, before tilting backwards and shifting into his human form, performing a backflip. Without his wings he began to free fall.

Several meters above the ground, he shifted back and spread his wings, arching out of the dive, before landing. "greetings Aki" he gave her a gesture of respect, given that she was of a superior rank. "greetings jori" he gestured more casually. He was displaying one of his less than common best behavior performances. He did not plan on goofing around whilst in the presence of their enemies at least not yet.

Edited by TotallyDrow

((it's fine and i was finishing up dinner before i could get a post posted but i had the quick reply thing at the bottom of the page up to get a post ready and once i was done eating, i came back up, got it posted, but then after i got it posted realized that you had Aiden ask Raven something so i had to edit; i also got the email notification of you posting in here a bit too late and yeah...RD i posted an apology post in the ooc thread; sorry again if i offended you since i didn't mean to sad.gif))

Raven's ears twitched a bit when she heard what Aiden said loudly to Aki and her eyes narrowed a bit. She just snorted a bit when he heard his second statement that was sort of an apology one and thought to herself as the three of them went into the tress, Then what kind of female am I if not a typical one. She sighed a bit and laid down where she was, still feeling a bit uneasy. She had looked briefly back at Aiden before he left and then had her attention be where the alphas usually sat, seeing that Javon was now there next to Sita. She wondered when he had come to the clearing of where the moon falls were but then just mentally shook that thought out of her head. She rested her head on her paws as she laid there, thinking about Aiden and if she felt different feelings for him rather than him being her childhood friend. As she continued to think about that, the more she came to realize that she was starting to fall for him and then wondered if Aiden was coming to the same realization as well.

Through a small opening in the hidden copse, Ryu-en noticed a lycan looking towards his general direction. He slowly drew his bow ready at the first sign of attack to defend himself. Of course, if he was discovered without being attacked, he could get away with sayin that he was arriving for the meeting, and was being wary due to the smell of mint. He would say that he fought better in his human form, which was why he was not turned. He could hopefully then slip away when the wolf was not looking, and resume his watch.

Of course, his attention was broken by a wild hare that sprinted out of the bushes at Ryu-en's feet. He still remained hidden, expecting other Lycans to also show up, maybe from other directions.

(Oh, how I love writing espionage...)

((Javon is next to Sita on the fallen, in his human form. the other Lycans are trying to hunt down Ryu-en who has come to spy. and the Draykans are currently just watching. They are all at the gathering, well early for it))

Edited by Raven301

(( sorry for not posting in awhile my personal computer is on the fritz and is still waiting to go get repaired so there maybe some distance between posts from me.))

Freda stretched and yawned rubbing her eyes wearily before bolting upright remembering that today was the meeting and that she was late. Shoot, Shoot, Shoot this is not the best day to be lazy. She thinks quickly gathering a deer skin sack filled with Geodes and Turquoise. She drags the sack outside and transforms into her dragon form her black scales reflecting the light as she grabs the sack in her mouth and flies over to the meeting area.

------

Remy yawned lazily stretching on the rock that he was basking on extending his wings allowing them to absorb as much sun as possible. The Hybrid smiled and rested his head between his paws watching the birds fly around in the air singing their songs of joy to the world.

Kieran looked at Fenrir, noticing his excitement building "Don't attack unless I say. If there is something out there, we want to corner it." Kieran reminded, looking back at the trail and lifting his nose to smell the air "If it's a hybrid, we'll more than likely die. But don't worry, the excruciating pain wont last long before the darkness covers your eyes." he sighed "We'll die honorably."

Kieran glanced at Fenrir, deeply curious as to how the warrior-want-to-be would handle the thought of death.

Aiden lowered his head to the ground as he jogged, then raised it up and smelled the air. Unless mint plants had suddenly grown legs, there was someone definitely wearing mint, and they had moved off toward the cliffs, probably for better cover.

Aiden paused and tried to think a moment: should they go on after the mint monster? Or should they go back to the meeting?

He decided to intersect with Kieran and Fenrir and ask them.

A smirk suddenly spread across his face as he started jogging again. Since Fenrir was around, Aiden decided to have a little fun. He was hoping that his twin was having some luck at getting Fenrir prepped for "educating".

Poor Fenrir....he probably didn't deserve their pranks. He really was trying to become a good warrior. But hey, everyone should know by now what the risks are when hanging out with the twins....

Raven sighed as she was starting to get a bit bored being here with the draykan in the tree as well as Javon and Sita and wondered if she should just go into the woods to catch up to Kieran, Fenrir, and Aiden but then decided not to since she was supposed to keep an eye out for if the mint monster came this way she could let them know. Sighing again, she got up and just walked around the clearing since she had nothing better to do. She could try to come up with a conversation with the draykan in the tree but she couldn't think of anything to talk to her about. Occasionally she did work on her pounce and sneak attack moves. She was planning on sneaking up on Aiden when the three of them came back and pouncing on him afterward. She giggled a bit at the image that appeared in her head about her doing that and it helped some of her uneasyness go away before she headed back to the spot that she had been in earlier.

((don't know what else to do with her right now so yeah xd.png))

"I..I...I'm not afraid.... I'm not afraid of dieing!" he replied, putting on his best 'brave voice' as they walked through the forest. His nose was filled with the scent of mint, the fact that it was all over the place was not helping at all. The smell of mint was becoming irritating, there was simply too much for his nose to process.

"b..besides.. Hybrids aren't real.... They are just stories the... The pup sitters say... To... To stop them from wandering... Alone in the woods..." a noise from above caused fenrir to jump slighty, the suddenness of it startling him. A bird had just left its nest in the tree above, causing the branch it was perched on to wobble slightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phaine took a couple steps forward away from the bush before stopping once again, a thought crossing his mind 'what could have scared the hare?' he raised his nose upwards and sniffed the air, he was downwind of the bush, the hare couldn't have sniffed him out and he didn't recall making a noise prior to its sudden dash. It could only mean that something upwind of where he was must have been the cause for the hare sprinting out the bush.

He turned and faced the bush, his body tensing as he began getting closer.

((Feral forms? blink.gif; I thought they only had their turned forms o.o))

Raven got bored enough that she went into the woods to try to find Kieran, Fenrir, and Aiden. She knew that she was supposed to stay in the clearing but she couldn't stand being there anymore. All she cared about right now was to find out if Aiden was okay. As she followed the former's scent trail, she didn't notice another scent coming up to her from behind until the rogue wolf (it's a regular wolf, not a lycan) that the scent belonged to attacked her. She howled loudly in pain when she felt the claws scrape against her back, turning around afterward and fighting back and trying to land an attack back in retaliation. She didn't know how long she could keep this up for and hoped that Aiden would come and help her.

Edited by Dragonpelt