BoomSALMON

The Castle in the Sky

Kendra hummed softly to herself as she chopped some vines from a plant she 'found'. "You're not gonna mess with me again!" She sang as her song came to an end. She began preparing the flower, which was like one from that of a horror story with a fanged mouth that would eat you when its vines had dragged you near enough, and started removing the petals. Kendra ripped them apart before putting all of the vines and petals into a small pouch inside her pocket before flouting off.

<OOC: LOL, elpdraws, Violet is with the castle not against it so I guess Elenora and her can't be friends. xd.png Also, sorry, if I make any mistake, because I've never tried a war roleplay before and this feels like a roleplay based on war.

@BoomSALMON Yeah, I was thinking about that but I was too lazy to mention it. :T>

Violet flew around the castle, her seven long feathers, spreading out behind her. She'd heard the news. Something about betrayal, and people coming to ambush the castle and whatnot. They had to defend the castle, apparently. Well, nothing war-like was happening as far as Violet could see. She flew out of the castle, and she saw nothing. "Well, this was disappointing." Violet really wanted to try her magic in batte as there really wasn't any other purpose to it back at the castle. She sighed, turned, and was about to fly back when a tree appeared out of nowhere right in front of her and she crashed into it.

"What the-" The Phoenix hovered in the air as she watched the tree before realising that it was headed for the castle. Violet frowned. If it was a tree spirit, why on Earth would it-oh, right. She'd forgotten about the announcement. Violet spun around and spread her wings out to their full length, and her body lit up with flames. Then, she shot fireballs from her beak at the tree. "Hmm, fireballs weren't what I had in mind but I guess it's pretty good for a first effort."

~~~

The Wolioshine looked up from the forest. He snarled when he saw the castle. Why was it in the sky? It should be destroyed, it was blocking the wonderful view! That, and also Rainshine had a thing about castles. His parents had been killed in one. He flapped his blue and white wings and took off towards the castle.

~~~

Lily sat at the staircase of the castle, practising her magic. Mainly for fun. She made little butterflies made of sparkles flutter around her and she giggled. She then got up and flew over to the window, the sparkly butterflies dispersing behind her. She looked out and to her amazement, saw a tall tree heading staight for the castle! But there was the Phoenix bird shooting fireballs at it. She wished she could help but she didn't really think that her powers were made for battle.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Username: Dragonhatchling

Name: Venril

Age: Unknown (she lost track a long while ago. She's believed to be at least 10,000 years old, more than likely that's much less than she actually is. She is an adult.)

Personality: Venril is highly unpredictable, often called evil. She is insane (or highly seems that way) but is also an extremely intelligent being. What she lacks in size she often makes up in speed and wit, as well as her astonishing way with words. She loves creating mischief and will often go out of her way to do so. She does have a kind side but will often use this to get deals made in her favor. The willingness to help is a rare one, mainly due to her being highly untrustful toward anyone but herself. If one manages to gain the se'kal's trust, they have a loyal dragon for life who is always on call no matter where she may be.

Appearance: Typical western style body formation with a pair of wings (so that means four legs and a tail too). She is a darker green colored, almost a green olive color, and has two silver curved horns that curve outward slightly from her head that start just above her eyes. Her eye color is a rich gold-amber. She has small silver spikes that run down her spine and end at the arrow-headed spade of her tail that also have to rings started the spade. Each horn, spike and the spade have silver and the gold-amber color mixed in with each other almost light a natural lighting and shadow. Her claws also are the same as well as the small spikes on each end of the fingers (including where the thumb would be on a wing) of her wings. The wings are the same color green as her scales, including the membrane between. The color of her belly scales are no different as well.

Species: Se'kal (a small dragon -an OC of mine- that ranges in size from 6inches to 4feet tall at the shoulder. She's 4feet tall at the shoulder)

Other: Highly skilled in making potions of any kind and has an unmatched way with words picked up through time. She can breathe both fire and ice as well as fly very far distances. Her speed is also extremely fast due to her smaller size. Her weapons are her Claws, teeth, wings, fire or ice breath, an extremely common trait of the Se'kal- she can coat her claws or teeth in a highly toxic poison that is harmless to herself. As far as her speech goes, Venril is capable of speaking both with her mind and vocally. She will often switch between the two in conversation which can scare people off. The dragon has picked up on many different languages and speaks them all fluently. Venril speaks the most common language of the village nearby most commonly unless needed otherwise.

She also has a tendency to speak to something called the Unknown (coined by other dragons and humans alike) and if asked about it, she will become angry and defensive, often playing it off as "just the wind." Skyward

Edited by Dragonhatchling

(Defiantly accepted!)

The men came out with more arrows when they saw the tree burning. Confused they looked at each other. Mostly they where wolfmen but some where humans. Then they noticed the phoenix and aimed arrows as the group leader barked "Are you hostile or not?".

<OOC: The men with arrows are the castle defenders, right?>

Violet turned to see who was speaking, and the fire around her body slowly dimmed.

"Who, me? No, I'm not!" Violet was indignant. "She's the hostile one! ...I think. I saw a tree spirit on it," Violet said, as she pointed with her wing towards the tree, which was still heading towards the castle.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Elenora pulled the tree away fom the castle and travled further up Its trunk to see beter. She ran along an over hanging branch and jumped into a vine that grew on the castle wall. She caused Its branches to grow at an extream rate and into one of the windows, she then had it grab the inside of the walls and pull, pull, pull till the stone began to crumble.

Violet turned back to the tree but it had travelled away from the castle. So it wasn't hostile? Wrong. She saw the tree spirit jump from the tree and pull on one of the vines growing into a window. "Oh no, you don't!" Violet flew closer.

"Akiira rombak tipa!" A force knocked the tree spirit off. Violet quickly flew to the window and perched there. A lot of energy had been drained out of her. She wasn't used to using magic in battle but she had no other way to attack or defend herself. She also hadn't been practising her magic.

~~~

Rainshiner finally reached the castle. He flew to a window where there was a fairy looking out from. He poked his head in.

"Hello," he said to her telepathically, grinning menacingly. The fairy screamed and blinded him. When he opened his eyes, she was gone. He growled. He would get back at the fairy for that. He entered the castle, snarling.

~~~

Lily screamed her lungs out when a Wolioshine suddenly appeared and instinctively used her power to flash light directly into his eyes. Realising that she had temporarily blinded him, she ran off and up the stairs and locked herself in a random room.

<OOC: Lol, any magic words I use is totally random. xd.png >

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((Venril chooses whichever side seems more interesting at the time. That means, her side is obviously going to change throughout the rp... so... I guess you could say she's neutral for a basic... while not being exactly neutral. She does actually prefer to stay neutral though, but if she must pick a side that is what she will do.))

The small dragon wandered one of the halls, her tail scratching the floor as it was slightly arced toward the end to force the arrow-headed spade into the stone. Occasionally a symbol would be drawn here or there, though they would mean nothing to anyone else.

She turned down a corner into another hallway, passing door after door after door as her slow stroll lead her onward. She wasn't looking for anything. Nothing was looking for her- she was pretty sure about that.

Sounds of fighting reached her soon enough, though Venril didn't pause. Fighting wasn't exactly new for her and she knew she didn't have anything to really worry about. The Se'kal walked calmly up some stairs, pushing away a door on her left side before entering an empty room with a closed window. There, she watched the fighting as she stayed hidden. Just in case, one of her front claws was coated with poison. If something should decide to break the window they'd be in for one heck of an ambush.

Kendra turned when she heard a few yells and almost dropped her pouch. "Hello?" She whisphered, slowly approaching where she heard the voices coming from. She neared the walls of the castle, many vines alongside it. She recognized some new vines where she had cut others off. There wasn't any 'flowers' in sight. But the thing that was peculiar, a Phoenix was by the window. Kendra kept to the shadows very carefully, carefully being sure not to be noticed. Kendra frowned. What's going on here? She thought while she continued to lurk inside the wall's shadow.

Edited by FlowerOwl

Violet was feeling better after a few minutes. Phoenix birds don't stay drained or tired for long - well, unless they're being attacked while they're drained of energy. Violet shifted her position a bit as she watched the tree spirit, waiting for her next move. But Violet heard a crashing sound and turned. She looked at the Wolioshine.

"Well, isn't this my lucky day," she grumbled. She watched as a Fairy made her way down the stairs.

"Okay, that was really bad timing," Violet muttered. She didn't know how she could handle two enemies at the same time while facing opposite directions. She let out a screech, a call of help from a Phoenix.

~~~

Rainshine heard sounds of fighting. Now that was interesting. Unfortunately, it seemed to be on the other side of this stone wall he was facing. No matter. He was strong and he could generate blue fire, anyway. He backed up a little and formed a fist out of blue fire. Then, he charged forward. It didn't break the wall at first, it just made a huge spider web crack into the wall but he did it again, and succeeded. He snarled when he saw the Phoenix bird and the two other living organisms hiding in the shadows.

~~~

Lily felt like a coward as she stood in the dark room while listening to her fellow castle-mates <OOC: Y'know...like roommates?> She unlocked the door and flew down the stairs and immediately wished she hadn't. For there was the Wolioshine snarling again. But this time, with a Phoenix bird on the window.

"What's going on?!" cried out Lily, who obviously hadn't heard the news.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

(are all of them against each other or something?)

Kushlik heard the call and flew to wear it had went, two dogmen speeding to catch up. When he arrived he saw some species at each others throats. "There will be no fighting each other! Unless one of them is a traitor!".

Violet looked at King Kushlik.

"That Tree Spirit over there tried to break the window and this Wolioshine broke the wall! Aren't those-" she was cut off when suddenly the Wolioshine shot a blue flame at her. She just managed to dodge it.

"Oh, so you got blue fire. How about some real fire?" The Phoenix lit up into flames again and she shot the fireballs from her beak. However, the Wolioshine used a shield out of blue fire while it growled and whimpered at the same time. After the last fireball had been blocked, the Wolioshine opened his mouth and a large blue flame came out of his mouth.

"Whoa!" Violet overbalanced and she tipped over the edge. But of course, she spread out her wings and flew up again.

"You think that scares me?" she taunted.

~~~

The Wolioshine used the moment the Phoenix got distracted to his advantage and attacked. He was shocked, though, when he realised that she had real fire - his one weakness! He immediately put up a shield until the bird stopped firing. Then he got his revenge by breathing out blue fire at full force. He grinned when the bird toppled over but it disappeared as soon as he saw her fly up again. He growled when she taunted him but he felt someone shoot at his butt. He turned.

"That's not fair, Fairy."

~~~

Lily just stood there. She didn't know what to do. Then, she smacked her forehead. Of course! She could control light so why not shoot a laser? She concentrated.

"Mika tolu laseroo!" A beam of white light shot the Wolioshine in the butt. She giggled but she stopped as soon as the Wolioshine turned on her.

Oh my, Kendra thought and gasped as she spied on them fighting. The window was blocked and she didn't want to flout right through the middle of a fight to flee. She touched a thick vine covering a gap inside the wall and it froze with a crack. I need to go before this heats up to much, Kendra thought and hit the frozen vine, shattering it to pieces. She quickly squeezed herself through the wall. Kendra hugged the wall once outside and began looking around for other entrances that would allow her to avoid their fight.

<OOC: Woops, BoomSALMON, I just realised you asked a question. I think it's likely that Elenora is out to destroy the castle. As for Rainshine, he just wants to rip the castle apart because he hates castles ever since his parents got killed in one.>

Kushlik had had enough and tied everyone up with thick vines. "You may be released when you tell me why you are fighting! And you I should lock you up for destroying castle property!" he said thrusting a finger at Willoshine.

(anyone else in the east where Elias is?)

Edited by BoomSALMON

"What?! I already told you! That Wolioshine is trying to destroy the castle!" Violet tried to move by hopping which was an unwise decision because she immediately fell over the window sill and plummeted to the ground below. "C***." She had no choice but to use her magic again, another powerful one that would leave her drained.

"Shuriku kontrilla vonu bislokali!" The vine unwrapped itself from Violet and she flapped her wings, though rather weakly so she just spread her wings out and she glided down, towards the east. She landed nearby a boy with jet black hair.

"I was trying to defend the castle and I got tied up? Typical," she said aloud angrily to herself, settling on the ground to rest for a few minutes.

~~~

Rainshine glared at Kushlik.

"If you think you can tie me up for long, you're mistaken, Cushy." The Wolioshine lit up with blue flames and the vines fell apart after a few minutes. He let out a roar, a battle cry, and charged at the hovering Forest Phoenix.

~~~

Lily struggled against the vines. What had she done to deserve this? She was only trying to help... She slumped against the wall sadly.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

(Dont know how she got to the east so fast but eh who cares)

Elias jumped. A large bird had flown down... and it was on fire? "I'll get some water!" he said.

Kushluk saw how rash the young boy was and easily flew higher as the guards thrust there spears out touching the neck. "Now you can either leave or be impaled. We don't need your type of scum. Guards, throw him off the edge." they did as instructed and started to carry him towards the battlements. Kushlik noticed a little girl. "You didn't do nothing wrong, I suppose." he released the vines on her.

<OOC: Hold on, Rainshine isn't a boy. He's kind of like a mix between a wolf and a lion with wings. blink.gif And Lily is a Fairy, not some random little girl xd.png >

Violet whipped her head around at the mention of water.

"Hold on a second!" The boy had already rushed off. Violet ran a wing over her bird face. She was too drained to do anymore major magic for the moment but she had to do something or she might not be able to do anymore magic for the whole day if she got wet. With a great effort, she held out her wings.

"Bawoosha!" She froze the boy. Then, she flopped down. She knew she had to explain things to him or he might turn against her.

"Sorry I had to do that but I can't get wet. Unless you want me to be drained of ma-" Then, it hit her. He might not even know anything about the castle or inhabitants. She hopped forward and faced him.

"Do you know what I am?" she asked before she realised he couldn't speak 'cause he was frozen.

"Roorikari," she muttered and that did the trick. By now, she was totally drained. Great. Now she had to wait longer than usual to recharge.

~~~

Rainshine roared and his great blue flames lit up again. The blue flame turned into ropes and they grabbed the guards and spears. Now free, Rainshine turned to the Kushlik.

"You think your puny guards can hold me for long?"

~~~

Lily stood up immediately and curtsied.

"Thank you." She then proceeded to fly out of the window to look for the Phoenix bird. She was afraid that it might have fallen to its death.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

Kushlik smiled. "No, but this can." he said kicking him very hard in an attempt to throw him off the edge.

"No? We never see creatures like you in the east, only bears, wolves, and a lot of gazelles." Elias replied.

"I am something out of the ordinary. I am the mythical Phoenix bird. My weakness is water," Violet smiled. She gave no mention of the castle as she did not want to be a traitor.

"I'm Violet Flame, but just call me Violet. What's your name?" she asked.

~~~

Rainshine did slip off the edge but...he simply flapped his wings and stayed in the air. He flew at Kushlik, breathing out his blue flames.

~~~

"Oh, where can the bird be?" Lily was very worried. She decided to head East and so she flew.

<OOC: Why isn't he wondering about how she froze him? I definitely would if that happened to me in real life. :3>

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((Oh my god when did this start can anyone please give me a recap AGH.))

<OOC: LOL. I'll try.

Violet Flame the Phoenix bird

She was flying around, making sure there was no trouble when she suddenly crashed into Elenora's (the Tree Spirit) tree. She had a short fight with her when suddenly Rainshine the Wolioshine broke the wall of the room and he fought with Violet. A Fairy called Lily came down and was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then, King Kushlik came and tied them all up with vines until they told him why they were fighting (Rainshine was a traitor, lol). Then, Violet got indignant and tried to wriggle her way out of the vines but she accidentally fell over the window sill and had no choice but to use a spell that would leave her untied but drained and vulnerable. She glided to the East where she meets Elias, a boy who doesn't know anything about the castle or the war.

Rainshine Blower the Wolioshine (woo-lie-o-shine)

He was at the forest when he saw the castle and wanted to destroy it because he hated castles since his parents were killed in one. He went to a window where Lily was at and got temporarily blinded by her when she panicked and ran upstairs. He then heard fighting on the other side of the stone wall and broke through it. After that, he fought with Violet and when she fell over, he fought with King Kushlik. He's still fighting with him.

Lily Sparkle the Fairy

She was just practising her magic for fun when she heard Violet fighting with Elenora and watched them by looking out of the window. All of a sudden, Rainshine came and she screamed blue murder and temporarily blinded, in which she ran up the stairs and locked herself in a random room. After a while, she felt guilty because she could hear them fighting and she wanted to help so she unlocked herself and came back down. Violet was fighting Rainshine just then and Lily shot a laser beam at Rainshine's butt before King Kushlik intervened and tied them all up with vines. She felt sad because she didn't know what she did to deserve being tied up. King Kushlik saw her sad face and released her. She then proceeded to look for the Phoenix as she was worried that the bird might have fallen to its death.

Elenora the Tree Spirit

She tried to break the window and got into a fight with Violet.

King Kushlik the...King?

You know the whole story. He's currently fighting with Rainshine.

Elias the ordinary boy with a sword

He's at the East and currently conversing with Violet. When he first saw her, he thought she was on fire and was about to get water but she froze him just in time before unfreezing him to talk to him.

I think that's about it. Sorry if I left anything out! happy.gif >

Edited by Dream_Dragon

(That sums it up)

Kushlik dodge the fire. He made a ring of it around the traitor and raised it high making a flaming barrier. "Enjoy being dinner for the good castle lovers, traitor.".

Elias stood straight "Elias. Not sure what my last name is. But a phoenix? Wow! You must have come from the magic west. Or did you come from the coastline of the south or from the mountains in the north?" he asked interested. He had heard stories of the three other lands.

<OOC: A ring of ordinary fire or blue fire? huh.gif >

"Yes, I come from the west," Violet said. She jumped back in surprise when the Fairy from the castle landed beside them.

"You - what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be back at the ca-" Violet almost said but she managed to keep her mouth shut. She glared at the Fairy.

~~~

Lily had been flying for some time before she spotted the bird. She was talking to a boy. Lily landed.

"You are safe!" Lily managed to say before the bird spoke sharply at her. Lily felt hurt. She looked at the boy with jet black hair.

"I'm Lily Sparkle. You are?" Lily asked. Though, she was a Fairy, she was the same size as a human being in his twenties.

Celestia looked around at all the fighting going on. "Wow," she said. "What'd I miss?"