Herzein

A Dragons Lifespan

What would you do with your dragon before death?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So in the general description of all dragons, it describes

them as having a "nearly unlimited" lifespan. And goes on

to discuss their traits as animals and what not.

Now lets take this a step further, consider you are an average human,

and youve grown and cared for and lived with these dragons your

entire life...

But then that day comes, when you pass away, from old age, from

some disease or virus, etc. They are left at your grave,

wondering what to do next. Now they are left alone...

Now I have a few questions for you guys. Considering you died

and your dragons were left without you, what do you think they would do?

Go back to their homes? Their caves? Breed with others of their kind, make families? Find their parents? Cry over your grave, never leave your side?

Or perhaps, what would you want them to do?

Just a thought of mine.

I would hope mine would feel sad for my death, but also

move on. Enjoy their life with others of their kind.

Edit: Or even if your dragons are not directly affected by you, what would

you want them to do after you? Keep their names, etc? How would your death affect your dragons more so?

Edited by Herzein

I voted "take one last ride with them". I don't imagine my dragons as pets, more like wild animals living in their natural habitat who can take care of themselves, but they would know me and act tame towards me because I raised them and keep visiting them. And if I died of course they'd notice that the visits stop and maybe come searching for me, but otherwise they'd go on living as before.

This is a nifty, if slightly depressing wink.gif , thread idea. Thinking about my babies dying? Nooooo...

Like dustpuppy, I tend to picture my dragons as self-sufficient, living in a massive community of their own without my special care once they're adults. I like to think that I'm sort of a mythical figure to them, someone who may or may not exist and may or may not have special powers, except for the few who know me personally.

But with that in mind, I also voted "Take one last ride with them." For the smaller ones who I can't ride, I'd take them on someone else's back, or just give take a long walk with them. I do think (in my little mental roleplay) that I do know some of them and spend time with them, and this would be the best way to say goodbye.

Considering that eggs are supposed to take 200 years to hatch, I tend to think that we are either kept alive by magic, alchemical means, or are otherwise immortal.

I see my cave as an independent clan working together without human interaction. As stated in one of my dragon's descriptions, I travel round with a frozen black hatchie in the same area, but I wouldn't count myself as someone important enough for any of them to have noticed me recording them, only a few scouts probably even know of my existence. I see myself as having tended the first four hatchlings to the cave, but then vanished as they got big enough to eat me.

If I died and had to stop travelling with Marcho, my frozen black hatchie, I would probably take him back to my cave, and ask some of the older dragons who I knew more intimately to look after him. Seeing as I started travelling with him around Halloween (He was with me in the Aliset adventures), I'd leave him with the Libra (Halloween dragon) Clan, then wander off into the sunset. He's only a young dragon, so I'd just tell him that I have to leave him and won't come back, not that I was going to die.

I voted other smile.gif

Considering that eggs are supposed to take 200 years to hatch,

Really? Seems quite long, especially as it only takes hatchlings two years to grow into adults. But then again they might be able to survive inside the egg for 200 years. Where did you find that information?

I'm slightly with Nectaris on this one, though I kind of see us as aging verrrry slowly rather than not at all.

I'm with the others who say that their caves are pretty much self-functioning. I think my dragons tolerate my presence rather than really feel an obligation to keep me around in return for my protection during their younger years. Considering how I have favourite dragons (which always surprised me considering they share the same sprite as others of their particular breed, and yet I like them the most), there will be some I'd spend more time with. Defs would go on a final joyride with them.

I can also totally envision myself being like "Keep your names!" to them. Can't let all my work go unappreciated. rolleyes.gif

Really? Seems quite long, especially as it only takes hatchlings two years to grow into adults. But then again they might be able to survive inside the egg for 200 years. Where did you find that information?

Maybe I am remembering old info that has changed. I seem to remember that the standard egg/hatchling/dragon description stated that they took around 200 years to hatch.

Edited by Nectaris

Maybe I am remembering old info that has changed. I seem to remember that the standard egg/hatchling/dragon description stated that they took around 200 years to hatch.

Must have been before my time but that's interesting to know.

Maybe I am remembering old info that has changed.  I seem to remember that the standard egg/hatchling/dragon description stated that they took around 200 years to hatch.

I think I remember that as well

But yeah, I think I'd just ask one of my red dragons to roast me for dinner. smile.gif Then they could just go on with their dragon lives smile.gif

Edited by rubyshoes

Since I was raised by dragons, I know they would be fine, should anything happen to me. However, they did decide to transform me into a Royal Crimson dragon, so, as I understand it, I will be immortal just like the rest of my adoptive family, and none of this will matter. happy.gif

I was always under the impression the 'me' in the Cave was as ageless as my dragons. 'I' would have to be, in order to raise as many as I have.

So, taking that a step further, I have to imagine my death is a sudden and violent one, as disease and age are unlikely causes. Likely I would have no time to 'go for one last ride' or anything of the sort. Probably just enough time for a few quick words of affection to whichever dragon(s) was near me while I bleed out.

Edited by Draco Knight

Sorry for not adding more options to the poll. This is very interesting. I would have never thought you guys considered yourself ageless, or seperate from your dragons, etc.

Very cool and sweet posts wub.gif