whitebaron

Pagination for Fertility and Breeding

I have run into this problem a few times in the recent weeks:

I am away from my desktop computer, and need/want to breed something. So, i take out my phone, and load up dc. And then my troubles start: While it works perfectly for viewing dragons, it slows down to a crippling speed (probably due to 3g being slower) when going over to the breeding page. (i usually have most of my dragons unbred. so there would be a lot of mates available).

Even worse with fertility: as it has to load up ALL my dragons, not only does it go slow, but my browser crashes too, as the resulting page is just too big on images.

So, my request: Please introduce pagination to the fertility page (most important), and maybe the breeding page (important), at least for the Mobile Page.

- wb

Support! If not in the proper version, at least for mobiles please.

As long as it's optional, go for it. I just don't want to deal with pages when they aren't necessary.

Oh, well, in,this case, they are.

Fertility does not work at all on mobile devices once you hit like 400 dragons, which is even below gold trophy.

It is slow on the desktop version, sometimes unbearably so, but it has thus far never failed to load for me. On my phone, thats the standard behaviour.

I have some definite lag problems when using the fertility and breeding pages so I'd very much appreciate pagination. And I'm on a computer, that's not counting how bad mobiles get it. And yeah, optional would be nice.

Edited by Switch

Breed page doesn't give me grief, even if I have 600 of each gender, but fertility kills my ipad regularly. Pagination could be a good solution.

I only receive a tiny bit of lag when loading the Fertility page and I have nearly 1300 dragons, but then again I'm using a desktop and not a mobile device. If others feel the need for it, then I'm for it so long as you're able to opt out. :)

I noticed this problem on mobile too.

It would be a great addition. I mean, mobile already condenses the amount of dragons you can put on a page by default (my accounts shows 250 on my computer, but about 50 or so on Mobile, I think), so why not condensing something like the fertility page on mobile as well?

My phone browser always either crashes or takes 15 minutes when loading fertility. sleep.gif

And, I have 4g + a new phone. Still crashes and/or takes years to load.

So, yes, total support.

The regular, computer version isn't that laggy for me, either. I don't see why pagination would be needed for that, but it might make a nice option for non-mobile at some point regardless.

Edited by Pink

Only if optional. I like having everything on one page when I'm on my laptop.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Only if optional. I like having everything on one page when I'm on my laptop.

My main grief is with mobile devices, especially phones.

I tried again these days, and it actually loaded the page, before crashing the browser. (once smile.gif)

so it seems there are some changes every now and then - but i think without pagination, mobiles will never be able to use fertility reliably

My main grief is with mobile devices, especially phones.

I tried again these days, and it actually loaded the page, before crashing the browser. (once smile.gif)

so it seems there are some changes every now and then - but i think without pagination, mobiles will never be able to use fertility reliably

I can't use it on my mobile, either, so I'd like it for there, but not on my laptop. That's why I want it to be optional... I'd rather have an annoying mobile experience than an annoying laptop one. ^^;

I wanted to bump this suggestion.

Reason: the longer my scroll gets, the harder it is to use dc on mobile.

Can't use fertility - learned to live without.

but: if the breeding page fails to load even ONE image, all the links further down are misaligned. Which means that this week alone, I bred three dragons out of a breeding project to a cave blocker instead of their intended mate.

I just did a Fertility test run on my desktop at the top of the hour when everything usually slows. It loaded quickly without incident, (in fact, I didn't even see the normal lag blink.gif) so I'll support this as an option, especially for mobile users, but it doesn't seem necessary on all devices. I probably won't use it, at least with my current set-up.

Good luck! smile.gif

I would support it as optional or for mobile users only. I am not a big fan of pagination and I would rather not be forced to use it on my laptop.