gloryKAT

Whiptail sprite update?

They definitely looks better in lineages now IMO wub.gif

Wow, that looks really sharp! wink.gif

I can see that pairing nicely in lineages ...

I think it is time to start collecting these, as soon as I finish my current projects!

This makes my collection of awesomely-coded Whiptails even better. I am pleased. I hope other breeds with outdated sprites follow.

This makes my collection of awesomely-coded Whiptails even better. I am pleased. I hope other breeds with outdated sprites follow.

*cough*wouldloveitifheredswerenext*cough*

I LOVE that it kept to its original design.

Subtle changes that simply make it pop more.

I've always liked the whiptails and the minor changes

are simply awesome. wub.gif

The change adds a higher energy look to the sprite, very appropriate for the breed! And does this mean they will be losing their cave-blocker status, as more people discover their toasty cinnamon goodness? <3

I'm in love. wub.gif

And just realized, my clan leader got a makeover that way xd.png Nice!

Edited by Orlageddon

Holy cow, they look NICE! It would be awesome if some of the other older dragons got subtle updates like this. Very lovely.

Love the update too.

Subtle change, keeping close to the original, very nice.

I like the update, nice work. smile.gif

Big thanks to gloryKAT for being this observant and adding the new sprite to the Whiptail Dragon article on the wiki! wub.gif (The new sprites are now also displayed on the Dragon Types and Dragon-Sub Types article)

I like the change of the sprite since the original design wasn't really altered. Yay pimp my old dragon sprites! xd.png

Edited by Nyastara

Oh nice job!

I don't usually work with the Whips, so I didn't really notice, but the new one really looks good now. :3 Still kept its usual Whiptailness but the body looks 'right' now. *^-^*

What in the blazes? Whoa, really didn't notice the change until now! It's so subtly done!

I like the new and improved sprite! They definitely looks better in lineages now IMO wub.gif

ACTUALLY the updating has rather spoiled the lineage I created as a joke - after talking to a few mates we decided that this would be the most incongruous line ever....

http://dragcave.net/lineage/NZAVd

But it looks fairly normal now. Oh well xd.png

I'd love something like this with the Silvers, actually, if anything at all. It's very subtle but it looks great. :3

Wow, I didn't even notice until I decided to check out this thread! The whiptails look awesome now! wub.gif I much prefer subtle updates like this over huge makeovers. I am very happy... and will be breeding Whiptails at some point in the future. smile.gif

I think it looks great now! The way the legs were before made it almost look...pregnant? Only because the shading wasn't as definitive. I like subtle updates every now and then. And I third Silvers update. biggrin.gif

ACTUALLY the updating has rather spoiled the lineage I created as a joke - after talking to a few mates we decided that this would be the most incongruous line ever....

http://dragcave.net/lineage/NZAVd

But it looks fairly normal now. Oh well xd.png

Those are some funny names xd.png

My favorites are Whiplash Horrenda, Whiplash the Nervous, and Whiplash the Mighty. laugh.gif Also Whiplash Agitato and Whiplash Rapido. Some great names! biggrin.gif

Wow, I never noticed as I keep mine hidden on page 20 of my scroll. Definitely a reason to collect a few more of them. smile.gif

As an aside, this is exactly the kind of update I'd love to see on some older sprites - keeping close to the original, but making it look more polished or whatever. (In this case, more energetic, obviously.)

Hey look, whiptails look great with neotropicals now: see?

I liked them before but the little pose/proportion update makes them look great.

I liked them before but the little pose/proportion update makes them look great.

Oh, that is perfect! It's like they were meant for each other. Thank you for noticing; I'm going to go add that to my list of checkers to breed someday. smile.gif

That is totally a starting line lineage. xd.png

I just love how spiffy the updated sprites look in lineages (hehe ^^), I'll have to think of a nice combination to start working with.