gloryKAT

Whiptail sprite update?

Yes of course, but what was the reasoning behind it?

Probably just to make them look nicer. smile.gif Lots of spriters do that.

i should try collecting these once i am done with the other projects i have going on, nice little update.

It always happens 8D"

Though I do like the pointedness of the original wings, it made the dragon look "swifter." The larger head and wings is nicer though.

*waves town crier bell.* "The drama is coming!"

ASHY!!

I am going to choke to death laughing! xd.png

Loldrama. We all know its coming.

Wait for it....

lol.

Well, "I like it" compared to the old sprite. xd.png

The old sprite, when comparing it to the new one, looks like its front leg is broken, and the very rear leg looks cut off.

This has been fixed in the newer sprite, which has a more natural "running" position.

I still like the slightly thicker ... erm, dragon anatomy xd.png .... wing bones? in the older one.

New- user posted image Old- user posted image

I have not started collecting these, and I do not know if the update will change that.

Edited by missy_

Yes of course, but what was the reasoning behind it?

Probably because the spriter noticed the anatomy flaws and has improved in skill and wanted their sprite to reflect that.

Does there need to be a reason besides that the spriter wanted it?

I doubt it was done to offend you personally, if that's what you were thinking.

I just wanted to know because I am trying to have a better grasp of spriting and since I liked the old one, I wanted to know why it was changed.

I am perfectly aware that it was not 'done to offend me', I was simply asking a question.

Thank you to all those who answered me in a constructive manner wub.gif

To be honest, I personally liked the old sprite better. Doesn't really matter to me that much though, it's still cool.

I would have never noticed that. I like it, and I kinda hope that certain other dragons get little updates like this. They kinda need it, some of them.

The anatomy is way better on the new sprite as someone pointed out. I still like the sleak look and the more streched out wings of the old sprite better...

So I guess I'm on the fence about this, but both are pretty so I sure won't complain smile.gif

Oh! <3 I approve, I really like the new look of the whiptails. <3 I wouldn't have noticed for a while since mine are kind of buried in the third page of my scroll. xd.png

*waves town crier bell.* "The drama is coming!"

Please.... I can't.... *dies of laughter*

I do like the new ones better. Subtle, but gives them a bit more depth. And the legs are 10x better on the new ones.

OMG, I actually really like the Whiptails now 8D They aren't flat anymore, they have a better far wing, and their legs @_@ *Drools* I may have to start collecting them now ^^

I've always loved the the whiptails, and seeing new updates really makes me want to gather more!! <3 Super excited about this!

I'm glad to see those legs were fixed. I never had anything against whiptails nor did I have anything for them, I still don't really have anything against or for them, regardless of all the upcoming drama, let me say that I'm glad we have this dragon. It's one of the few brown dragons we have.

These are one of my favorite dragons,and I was wondering when/if they were going to be updated. I really like them now!

I didn't notice that O.o Just got a whiptail egg, might consider to hoard these... But maybe until after the may release wink.gif

They look really nice biggrin.gif I'm also glad that the original feel was kept/respected.

We do try to keep to the orginal the best we can with only minor changes =) Was fun criting the possible updates for the whiptail

Very nice update indeed. It's close to the original to not destroy lineages, but it is more beautiful than before. smile.gif Job well done! Thanks for the efforts.

The angle of the head on the old ones was better in my opinion. The over all sprite looks better now, but the angle of the head suggested more speed in the old one. It's subtle, but it makes a difference.

See, now this is the sort of thing I would be looking for in an update if the silvers get updated. Minor anatomy fixes, a bit more polish, and having a very powerful respect for the original feel of the dragon. I definitely approve, though I only have one Whiptail on my scroll at the moment. <3

Is this what we can expect for all sprites after their artist becomes

inactive for while?