cfmtfm

Candy box

Play it here.

A game based on time, Candy box involves candies. And a lot of lollipops (including a lollipop farm and even water flavoured lollipops!!). You get a candy every second and you can either eat them (to increase your HP) or use them to buy lollipops/weapons/potions. Eventually you can go on quests, but obviously you'll need a weapon for that. tongue.gif

My cousin showed it to me and we've basically had it open throughout the entire night, saving up for lollipops and swords. xd.png My tactic is to save up the candies and buy at least 10 (or 5) of each potion (not buying any of the potions that harm everyone including me), plant as many lollipops as possible and upgrade whenever possible. And then eat the remaining candies. :3

It just uses ASCII graphics and things don't really get interesting until you get a sword and you go on some quests. (Throwing 100+ candies on the ground only results in the ;_; face staring at you innocently for the rest of the game.)

Discuss - and play it, if you have the time. tongue.gif I'm happy to help. X3

This thread will probably be as dead as the game. Statement has been scrapped.

If you're impatient, just do some coding or something.

If you're lazy, here's a neat walkthrough.

If you're a Wiki-fanatic, there's a Candy box Wiki.

Edited by cfmtfm

I've played for a little bit, and I've gotten curious. My lollipop farm won't seem to get a better production than 100 lp/sec, so is that the max for it?

Anyway, I'm still gearing up for the whale.

Yep, 100 lp/sec is the max until you get something. I planted about 300k+ lollipops before realising that 100 lp/sec was probably the max rate. X3

I usually just practised the previous quest until I could get through it without losing less than 50% of my HP, then went on to the next quest. Mount Goblin and the Underwater cave is good for candy. o3o

(Spoiler alert for more lp/sec rate!)

You need to complete the first 5 quests - Forest, Mount Goblin, Underwater cave, Castle's entrance + Castle's stairs. The castle's stairs needs an Imp invocation scroll - summon it right at the start and let it fight for you - and then the Necromancer will drop a Cauldron. You can use the Cauldron to make a lot of potions, but you need candy and lollipops. There's a book to guide you with the recipes - make at least about 3 of each (apart from the Superman potion - unless you want it!), probably more for the health potion. Make quite a few GMOOH potions and then go to any random quest. Keep using the GMOOH potion until you reach COW LAND. Fight through all of them (will probably take a while) and then you'll get the Cow's Horn. It multiplies your lp/sec production by three.

I'm going to regret clicking that.

/stares at the page

I threw 30 candies on the ground and the thing put a question mark after the ellipses omg

OH WELL it's the weekend and I am easily amused.

Do I just keep buying lollipops from the strange man or...?

Oh yeah I bought a sword laugh.gif whoop whoop!

Throw 100 candies on the ground and it says "You threw 100 candies on the ground...? (;-; )"

Here is a huge spoiler: A way to get inf. candies and lollipops

First, you right click anywhere on the page and press Inspect Element. You click on the Console tab. There, you type in: "candies.setNbrOwned(x)" or "lollipops.setNbrOwned(x)" Instead of x, put in how much lollipops or candies you want. If you ate too much and it takes too long to kill yourself, lower your health by candies.setNbrEaten(x) to set how many candies you have eaten. Oh, and if you need a lot of berserker potions, type in

potions.setPotionNbrOwned(potions.list.berserk, 100);

potions.updateOnPage();

You need to unlock them from the frog first though.

I suggest to use the anvil to get the Flame Sword.

Also, i have 2 easter eggs for you

If you keep clicking on the merchant's hat, he will eventually give you 100 candies

If you keep clicking on the candy part of the lollipop, he will eventually lower the price to 50

And if you use the cauldron,

For example, a potion needs 600 candies. If you put in 60,000 candies, it will make you 100 of that potion.

If you want invincibility and berserk for every quest, do

land.load = function(){

quest.invulnerability = true;

quest.invulnerabilityCountdown = '☺';

quest.berserk = true;

quest.berserkCountdown = '☺';

quest.speed = quest.getSpeed();

return this.list[quest.currentLandIndex].loadFunction();

}

It it impossible to kill yourself on the level "Yourself" so when you get there, type in

land.load = function(){

quest.invulnerability = fale;

quest.berserk = true;

}

Edited by DarkHellSpiral

I'm going to regret clicking that.

/stares at the page

I threw 30 candies on the ground and the thing put a question mark after the ellipses omg

OH WELL it's the weekend and I am easily amused.

Do I just keep buying lollipops from the strange man or...?

NEVER ACCEPT CANDY FROM STRANGERS

Buy lollipops and then plant them. Grow your own lollipop dragon garden/farm and keep going until you have 100 lp/sec (about 17,500 lollipops planted). biggrin.gif

Throwing candies on the ground is a waste, unless you want the ;_; to stare at you for the rest of the game and make you feel guilty. tongue.gif

sparkle, soon you'll be able to get a chocolate coated sword. X3

DarkHellSpiral, thanks for those. Added them to the OP. My cousin worked out how to get infinite candies + lollipops and the easter eggs, but not how to do inv. and berserk for every quest or change the number of potions.

Nor did she work out how to kill 'yourself' instantly, so she took about an hour to kill 'herself'. laugh.gif

edit: Oh, and I thought this was in DHS' cheats post but it's not. To increase your candy rate:

candies.candiesPerSecond = x

x being the number of candies you want per second.

Edited by cfmtfm

DarkHellSpiral, thanks for those. Added them to the OP. My cousin worked out how to get infinite candies + lollipops and the easter eggs, but not how to do inv. and berserk for every quest or change the number of potions.

Well

If you already know how to get the the console javascript, just type in

land.load = function(){

quest.berserk = true;

}

BEFORE a quest.

And if you want, lets say, 10,000 berserk potions, type in

potions.setPotionNbrOwned(potions.list.berserk, 10000);

potions.updateOnPage();

Or 180,000 Cloning potions

potions.setPotionNbrOwned(potions.list.cloning, 180000);

potions.updateOnPage();

But you have to get the potion first. So if I never got a berserk potion before and the tab/option/button isn't there, it wouldn't work. A easy way is to ask for potions and scrolls from the wishing well.

To kill Yourself in the level Yourself, do

candies.setNbrEaten(10000);

to lower your health. Then, when you have about 30 health, use a fireball scroll and kill.....yourself?

Afterwards, you can just do

candies.setNbrEaten(500000);

To boost your health a lot

Basically, look at links from Here. On the side, there is a linked tab. There are things like "How can I increase the number of potions?"

and "How do I change the candy per second rate in the JavaScript console?"

Edited by DarkHellSpiral

To kill Yourself in the level Yourself, do

candies.setNbrEaten(10000);

to lower your health. Then, when you have about 30 health, use a fireball scroll and kill.....yourself?

Basically, look at links from Here. On the side, there is a linked tab. There are things like "How can I increase the number of potions?"

and "How do I change the candy per second rate in the JavaScript console?"

IIRC, you can

go to the Sorceress' Hut and ask her to make you able to "surpass yourself"? I think it's a lot of candies though. All I remember is that I didn't actually use any scrolls - just a health potion near the end because I was paranoid.

Thanks for that link, btw; added it to the OP. :3 I seem to remember linking a walkthrough here, but I apparently didn't, so that's in the OP too. biggrin.gif

The setting candies eaten is just to make you kill yourself faster. Because the first time I...um, hacked it, I had a sword of summoning (which deals like 10 hearts) and about 1302480 hearts. So i left it running for two days and I still haven't killed myself.

Here's something crazy:

candies.setCandiesPerSecond(100000000)

will give you 1 billion candies per second biggrin.gif

Edited by DarkHellSpiral

blink.gif Well then. xd.png Me and my cousin both have the Sword of Flames (we're more of the offense type rather than the defense type, because the health potions make up for it). X3

I'm trying to work out how to do hard mode, but it appears you can't get a sword higher than bronze? e_e;; I'll look at it later, but I remember the cheats didn't work so well with hardmode.

For anyone wondering, there's a hardmode version. tongue.gif

Just did the set candies per second on hard mode. Getting 1 billion candies per second biggrin.gif

I have a encrusted diamond sword, so you can go higher than bronze

Also i think i glitched it. I ate 1 trillion candies and now my health wont go higher than 100 D:

But then i can use my setCandiesEaten thing smile.gif

Edited by DarkHellSpiral

Just did the set candies per second on hard mode. Getting 1 billion candies per second biggrin.gif

I have a encrusted diamond sword, so you can go higher than bronze

Also i think i glitched it. I ate 1 trillion candies and now my health wont go higher than 100 D:

But then i can use my setCandiesEaten thing smile.gif

Oh yeah, I think that was it. I don't think your health will go higher than 100. :I I'll attempt to cheat with hardmode first, then do it normally - opposite to what I did with the normal mode. X3

You can set your candies eaten to whatever you want; it won't go higher than 100.

You have eaten 5.458473867384615e+57 candies!

and my HP is 100. D:

Oh. That makes sence.

I will just do

land.load = function(){

quest.berserk = true;

}

and get invulnerability for every quest! ^-^

And yep, your sword level can't go over 5. :I I'll basically do what DHS is doing every single quest, then. I honestly have no idea if it's even possible to get past hard-mode without cheats. o_o;;

I keep dying XD on the second level, no less

Strategy? What is this? *eats all the candies*

Well, I think you should just stock up on scrolls and potions. Best chance.

I currently have 99999998 Get Me Out Of Here potions. Got the horn of plenty

Now time to beat the censorkip.gif out of Chuck Norris (O_o)

Oh and hey shadow

Censor evasion

Edited by NixAyum

I keep dying xd.png on the second level, no less

Strategy? What is this? *eats all the candies*

My tactic is to save up the candies and buy at least 10 (or 5) of each potion (not buying any of the potions that harm everyone including me), plant as many lollipops as possible and upgrade whenever possible. And then eat the remaining candies. :3

And then repeat. tongue.gif

I've linked a walkthrough here (in the OP).

Just found out that you can continue hard-mode using the same ID as your normal mode game. X3

edit: I started a new hard-mode game anyway and the wishing well didn't give me any invulnerabilities. Great. D:

Edited by cfmtfm

I like to save before a special event, like using the wishing well or the Developper's Computer. That way, if I mess up, I can retry it

What does the lollipop farm do? Does it give candies or something depending on how much lollipops you're growing???

It gives you lollipops. Very useful when you get the sorcerer's hut or the Developper's Computer.

The max you can get is 100lollipops per second. If you use a bug in the Developper's Computer, it can go up to like 11,000

Edited by DarkHellSpiral

I like to save before a special event, like using the wishing well or the Developper's Computer. That way, if I mess up, I can retry it

Ah, I always do that for quests but never for the wishing well. Thanks for that tip. :3

edit: Tried. I saved just before I did the well and then didn't write down the key. Good going.

What does the lollipop farm do? Does it give candies or something depending on how much lollipops you're growing???

It gives lollipops, depending on how many lollipops you're growing.

SPOILER ALERT Once you've planted a lollipop, it'll come up with x lp/sec (x being a number) and that's your lollipop production rate. The maximum lp/sec you can get is 100 (plant about 17,500 lollipops), until you get the Cow's Horn.

More info here as well. :3

KIND OF SPOILER ALERT Once you defeat the dev's computer later on, you can use 'bugs' - but for a very high lollipop price. Over 1 billion lollipops or something.

Edited by cfmtfm

its a great afk game to play but i hate myself. I was playing it alst week and i accidently closed it trying to bookmark the page :l 4 hours of playtime gone. biggrin.gif

Well, the thing is,

The horn is called the Horn of Plenty. Brew a G.M.O.O.H (Get me out of here) Potion and you MAY get to the Cow level. There are many cows, and one of them is the Cow King. He drops the Horn Of Plenty. Your lollipop rate multiplies by 3, but it doesn't show that.

What's better to enchant your sword with, a Health Potion or a Fire Scroll? I don't know what to choose for the Wishing Well, either ... I hate choices. ._.

EDIT: And why won't the Sorceress let me upgrade my sword? I have the lollipops ...

Edited by Raikielia