TJ09

2013-05-05 - May Release

awesome, this isn't gonna be fun trying to get one during these first 7 days though....

Edited by Zerhai

Just realized there is still two weeks before the actual dergons come. I like that there is no new release in June, I had actually just been thinking that two breeds every month would be really overwhelming.

For those plotting to breed shimmers for hatchies, fair warning. My longer lineaged spiral got no offers after a few days in the trade forum. So people are already getting picky about taking anything longer than 4th gen.

Very excited to see what we get and I echo most of the previous responses about color and type xd.png

The 3 egg per day sounds like a good plan. But knowing me, I can't resist keeping myself locked.

People should, seeing as how the trades are just filled with Shimmers.

If I were trading these new hatchies, I'd only take 4th gen or lower. Maybe a 5th gen.

Happy Birthday to Dragon Cave!!!

Thank you TJ!!

Can't wait, Yay!!!!!!!!! wub.gif

user posted image

This is going to be amazing! I'm totally excited, although I know I won't probably be able to get the new breeds for a while. I'm just excited to see when new breeds come out! ♥

People should, seeing as how the trades are just filled with Shimmers.

If I were trading these new hatchies, I'd only take 4th gen or lower. Maybe a 5th gen.

I find arbitrary limits on how long a lineage is, to be... pointless. Especially spirals. A 4th gen spiral is hardly a spiral. But to each their own. But I may gleefully try to snatch up unwanted longer gens if they have color pairs I like. It will be hard to choose between that and the release. Luckily I have most of the pairing colors I want except a green + gold.

I find arbitrary limits on how long a lineage is, to be... pointless.

If I find a longer lineage Tinsel or Shimmer that looks pretty, I'll take it, but at the end of the day I (and probably most people) would rather trade for things that can breed valuable offspring. If Tinsels are any indication, Shimmers over 4th or 5th gen will be worth next to nothing in a few months, so if someone's going to go through the trouble of collecting new release hatchlings for others rather than themselves, makes sense that they'd look to trade them for something worth the effort. smile.gif

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Happy Early Birthday to Dragon Cave! Thanks to TJ and Staff members! laugh.gif Awesome and can't wait for the new releases!!!

I'm actually glad that there's no releases in June, it's the month I graduate from college. xd.png Still, I'm actually very excited about this release going about. |D

Hopefully there will be a release in July, when all the buzz about the new breed has mostly faded away.

*squee!*

Thank you Tj~! Can't wait!

wow, seven. Happy (early) b-day DC!

Hopefully there will be a release in July, when all the buzz about the new breed has mostly faded away.

well, as TJ mentioned.. it's a new tradition for a release each month (last time being 2, and I believe that was what he stated in general). The only reason there won't be one for june is because of the massive amount for late may... and the only reason it's later in may compared to at the first sunday (like tradition) being for DC's birthday.

This is great! After getting two gold and silver prize eggs of the AP, THIS! Thanks, TJ.

If I find a longer lineage Tinsel or Shimmer that looks pretty, I'll take it, but at the end of the day I (and probably most people) would rather trade for things that can breed valuable offspring. If Tinsels are any indication, Shimmers over 4th or 5th gen will be worth next to nothing in a few months, so if someone's going to go through the trouble of collecting new release hatchlings for others rather than themselves, makes sense that they'd look to trade them for something worth the effort. smile.gif

I have a lot of friends on Facebook that play DC, and they have no shimmers at all, so even long-lineaged shimmers will have a demand. Perhaps not as much as shorter ones, but there are still a fair amount of people that would love any shimmer.

Haa, I derped. I thought it was this Wednesday, because my brain just saw the day parts and not the actual date XD

Just two weeks to go, then.

Looks like I'll be celebrating DC's Birthday on the last day of school, and what better way than some new dragons? Sweet, definitely looking forward to this. Thanks, TJ!~

Haa, I derped. I thought it was this Wednesday, because my brain just saw the day parts and not the actual date xd.png

Just two weeks to go, then.

I did the same thing. Oops!

Gonna stay up all night to get one if I have to! Can't wait to see what they are biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Thanks TJ!

Hmmm, been doing pretty good on eggspace, but now I have realized just now that I am maxed! laugh.gif Well this is going to be a challenge! tongue.gif

Wow!!!

7 new breeds!!

Thats remind me 2 years ago when there were 5 new dragons!

But I have a question, will the new breed egg release on 22nd May be still available being catch on 23rd May as well?

If so, then it will be a big challenge for me to get all 7 smile.gif

Filling up my egg slots with Reds so I'll have more incubates. <3

I just bred at least a dozen of my messy-lineaged Pinks and released all into the AP, figuring people would want them for the BSA. Good luck guys!

What happened with Tinsels (at least in my experience) was that they went really high for awhile. But the pool of people looking dwindled, as they got what they wanted. So the people with longer lineages gave up and stopped trading. Meanwhile, the majority of people that can't catch CB metals and were waiting for trades to even out, hadn't been watching trades. Why bother when everyone wants cb trios and metals? So once they realized there were a lot of trades with longer lineages, they started looking and they (longer lineages) came in demand again. There are plenty of people that want a shimmer because pretty! instead of value! (Is it not odd the same person that would give 7 cb golds for a 2nd gen mint x shimmer would not raise a single mint?) But it's impossible to split trade threads thusly. The first would only get taken advantage of by the second.

But that said, it may be a good time to nab shimmers. I nabbed/traded a few for Royal Crimsons when they were out, so it's already been happening. But given this thread, it may happen a LOT. But it's all a risk. I'd hate to see people with 12th gens waste their time and their egg slots during a huge release and come out with nothing for their time because people that would like them aren't watching trades. So, I'm spot lighting it a bit, I admit. /sales pitch

The best bet would be to hatch the shimmers the day of release, keep views as low as possible. Hatchies trade better than eggs, no matter the gen or lineage. Plenty of people still want sprites to freeze. Friday the 17th would probably be a good day to breed shimmer eggs for eventual hatchy trades. And if someone feels that's a good deal, feel free to watch my scroll in my sig for eggies happy.gif

btw: The Typography on the intro post is made of win! Love that, whomever did it.

Edited by Vhale

hopefully i won't moss put on all breed ohmy.gif aiming for common or uncommon for them so those with slower internet can still get a chance a them

I was going to hit "like" on this topic, but then I remembered that this isn't Facebook. Derp.