TJ09

2013-05-05 - May Release

I personally think this will be a lot of fun! Unfortunately, it's only really ideal for gold trophy users who have seven egg slots (one for each), and Silver users whose first eggs will be hatched by the last release if they only take one of each. I might not be able to straight away nab the last release as a little Bronzey, and newbies will probably be left in the dust... so, what's the easiest was to get 125 dragons in 16 days? biggrin.gif

The eggs will stay, and if last events are any sign they will be common and easily available long after the rush is over.

Damn, I'll be out of town traveling for most of it, and probably too beat to go hunting at night when I'm back at the hotel! xd.png Well, just hafta try and catch up later then!

To those who are complaining that there are going to be a lot to collect, why are you stressing? These are permanent additions to the cave, it's not like you've got to collect the immediately. I don't understand the whole thing about having to get new releases as soon as they come out. You've got forever to collect them!

I'm personally incredibly excited about this. I don't care that it'll take me ages to reach my scroll goal for all these new breeds. I'm just excited that we are going to have SO MANY new sprites around the cave! That's incredible. biggrin.gif

Time to do the incubate shuffle to try and nab one of each heh. It'll be really nice if these are commons mostly. smile.gif

<--exited to biggrin.gif

Wow 7 eggs in a week awesome! biggrin.gif This will be a challenge!

not even that, after 5 days, the first batch can grow up.

2 days for eggs, 3 for hatchies smile.gif

Very true... this might be doable... *starts making plans*

Nah, if you have incubates you can get 3 of each. 1st day catch three, incubate, 2nd day catch three, incubate, 3rd day the 1st day eggs hatch, catch three and incubate new eggs, 4th day 2nd day eggs hatch, catch and incubate new eggs, and so on.

Maybe I should try that~

Thank you everyone for the advice tongue.gif

seems like I should keep my incubators free then

I hope we get a new hybrid xd.png

Was there a release on DC's birthday last year? Can't quite remember. I think there was but the breeds I thought of I know can't be right. X___x

last years b-day release was lumina and tsunami

The eggs will stay, and if last events are any sign they will be common and easily available long after the rush is over.

True. But I think it would be a cool twist if they became steadily rarer as the days went on wink.gif

oh, man, looks like i'm going to have to book some really nice eggs to start trading/offering to trade.

the 22nd, huh? good for me -- i'll be into the summer by then. thanks, dc!

When I saw this post, I LAUGHED. I thought it was such a cool way to get the word out, and to be honest, I was expecting something like this because I know DC's b-day is in May and it wouldn't make sense to have 2 releases in one month. So I kinda assumed the B-day would have priority. My game plan is to have all my incubates ready(50+) and only grab 3 or 4 new eggs per night, and then incubate, this leaves me open for the next night. and by the 3rd night the day 1 eggs will be hatched/hatching and I can grab day 3 eggs, and by day 4, day 2 eggs will be hatched and leave me open for day 4, and so on. This is how I plan to get a few eggs of each dragon, not just one. and for those who think you can only grab 1 of each, remember, eggs take at the most 3 days to hatch, 2 if you have an incubate. So keep that in mind. smile.gif

True. But I think it would be a cool twist if they became steadily rarer as the days went on  wink.gif

I think that'd be horrible.

*goes off to trade newly bred stuff*

Edited by Spelunker

I think that'd be horrible.

i would strongly dislike that, too.

i personally do not have a great connection, and dislike rarities as they are anyway.

I am excited to hear about getting 7 new dragons and am interested to see how it will be handled. Should be a bit of a madhouse around here for those 7 days and beyond!

But I am a little disappointed, too, because I had managed to empty out all my egg slots in anticipation of a new release tonight. Guess that means I can do some lineage breeding now. wink.gif

Thanks for the announcement TJ! Can't wait to see what the dragons will be!

Was there a release on DC's birthday last year? Can't quite remember. I think there was but the breeds I thought of I know can't be right. X___x

All the pygmies were released on DCs Birthday last year biggrin.gif

SEVEN?!

Eeeeeee I can't wait! I needed something like this to bring me back to the game, at least for a while 030

All the pygmies were released on DCs Birthday last year biggrin.gif

no, the pygmies were the year before that, 2011

lumina and tsunami were 2012

Edited by snoesiepoes

Aww, guys. Sure it's a little upsetting about the no-release to night...But imagine! 7 new dragons in one month! biggrin.gif

So it's like.

You can only get one of each. I mean, if you want them all when they first come out, that is. Basically, foolish to lock yourself with only one of them.

This hopefully ought to cause some drama. I am in need of entertainment.

Wow, DC is 7 already?? Awesome!!

I'm VERY excited about this event, although I do have worries because of the (normal) lack of information. WILL these be permanent additions to the cave? Everyone seems to think so, but we don't know for sure, do we? And I *really* hope they will at *least* act as commons long enough for users to actually get them, unlike certain releases where the very next day they were hard to get.

So it's like.

You can only get one of each. I mean, if you want them all when they first come out, that is. Basically, foolish to lock yourself with only one of them.

Nah, if you have a gold trophy you can get 3 to 4 each, if you have enough incubates.

This sounds like great fun! Especially since DC's birthday is on the same day as mine tongue.gif It will be a nice birthday present.

So it's like.

One new breed is released each day of the week. So you can't get them all at once, actually. smile.gif

So it's like.

incubate... smile.gif

I was all hyped up for a hunt, but this is cool, too. The build up of the anticipation, 7 awesome new breeds (which will kill me given my scroll goals xd.png), and - bonus - I get to go ahead and breed tonight!

I know, right?!

That was my bonus too laugh.gif

No more holding space on my scroll while I have a project to be working on