TJ09

2013-05-05 - May Release

Yes, with a silver trophy you can do three a day with incubates. 18 incubates should be enough.

Silver trophy and no incubates:

Day 1: 2 eggs (Total: 2)

Day 2: 2 eggs (Total: 4)

Day 3: 2 eggs (Total: 6)

Day 4: 2 eggs (Total: 6 eggs, 2 hatchers)

Day 5: 2 eggs (Total: 6 eggs, 4 hatchers)

Day 6: 2 eggs (Total: 6 eggs, 6 hatchers)

Day 7: 2 eggs (Total: 6 eggs, 6 hatchers, 2 new adults)

Silver trophy and 18 incubates:

Day 1: 3 eggs. Incubate all. (Total: 3)

Day 2: 3 eggs. Incubate all. (Total: 6)

Day 3: 3 eggs. Incubate all. (Total: 6 eggs, 3 hatchers)

Day 4: 3 eggs. Incubate all. (Total: 6 eggs, 6 hatchers)

Day 5: 3 eggs. Incubate all. (Total: 6 eggs, 9 hatchers)

Day 6: 3 eggs. Incubate all. (Total: 6 eggs, 9 hatchers, 3 new adults)

Day 7: 3 eggs. Incubate all. (Total: 6 eggs, 9 hatchers, 6 new adults)

The seven deadly sins perhaps? x:

Or virtues (are there seven of those?)

unsure.gif

Would 14+ reds and 14 pinks (7 male and 7 female) be enough prep for the new release?

Or virtues (are there seven of those?)

unsure.gif

Would 14+ reds and 14 pinks (7 male and 7 female) be enough prep for the new release?

One page back Fiona posted a formula for no trophy and 14 incubates 14 pinks should be fine for pairs.

I am soooo looking forward to the upcoming new releases! Its gonna be chaotic!! I'm loving it!

I hope that at least one will have a BSA.. A useful one at that.

Plus, I hope one of the dragons will have a Red/Yellow combination of colors. That way I can name him Iron Man. biggrin.gif

Edited by imperatrica101

I hope that at least one will have a BSA.. A useful one at that.

That would be awesome!

-crosses fingers for one that takes a day off of hatchling maturation time-

Thank you, Fiona Bluefire!

I'm really gonna try and work towards that maximum for the gold trophy. Time to start breeding some more Reds if I can't find them off the AP. :'D

I worked out a catching scheme too

days 1 3 5 and 7 4 eggs and 2 4 and 6 3 eggs.

On day 8 i can catch the remaining 3 i am missing to have 2 couples of each (if they drop mixed by then)

Of course incubating and influencing everything.

So exited and really curious what the dragons will be.

A complete set of something themed or alle different dragons.

Yep, I'll be doing the same plan, Dolphine!

I'm just grateful to have it spread out instead of 7 new breeds on ONE day... remember the Egg Flood release (4-22-2009)? Though it is curious that the past two years DC's Birthday has been celebrated on May 21, not the 22nd.

ETA: I'm glad to breed Pinks & Reds on request.

Edited by JaneMcAsh

i started in september 2009 so i missed the eggflood then.

but i am happy with some planning most people will have at least a couple of each of the new breeds. Plus they are permanent, aren't they. so everyone should be able to get the ones they want/need

On day 8 i can catch the remaining 3 i am missing to have 2 couples of each (if they drop mixed by then)

I think I've ended up with a similar plan, but expressed as a lil spreadsheet - gonna keep it updated with new breeds as I get them. smile.gif

1 each day for me. If they're new, they will breed their egg easier.

Sigh. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HOARDING here on DC.

Everyone is able to grab what they want, how many they want. (Except of course for the limited holidays)

It's not nice to use the term "hoarding", because, let's be honest, ok? All those complaining of others hoarding, would do the same thing if they had fast enough internets and scroll space. Yes, they would.

These dragons will be around, they will be a permanent part of the cave, so if you are not able to get as many as you'd like (or any) the first week or two, just be patient, cause the frenzy will die down quick enough.

To recap: Please don't use the term "hoarding". It's an insult. Find a better way to deal with your disappointment other than name calling.

How does GREEDY sound? (Sarcasm is OFF)

Actually I don't think ANYONE can be "greedy" with this release because, let's say, getting 7 eggs of the same dragon means that they can't get any the next day. The most one can get, while being able to get other dragons, is 4, and that's with a gold trophy and 20+ red dragons.

ETA to put quotation marks

Edited by ylangylang

....it sounds rude. How someone else chooses to play their scroll is entirely their own business, just as how you play your scroll is yours.

....it sounds rude. How someone else chooses to play their scroll is entirely their own business, just as how you play your scroll is yours.

This so much.

YES.

Frankly how many eggs is "hoarding" anyways? I've seen people get mad at gold trophy players for "hoarding" up to 4 eggs.

Someone wanted those eggs. Someone spent just as much effort to get them. You didn't. Too bad.

It depends on the player, but I think egg-lock at gold trophy (7 eggs) is considered hoarding, by those that think it's a valid concept.

It depends on the player, but I think egg-lock at gold trophy (7 eggs) is considered hoarding, by those that think it's a valid concept.

What I don't get is when people who have no trophies/have other trophies egglock themselves with eggs, that's not considered hoarding, but those with gold trophies are smh

Wait so using the egg slots I worked hard to get is considered a bad thing in a collecting game? O.o

Agree with the posts above. Yes it's frustrating to not be able to catch something and see someone else who already has several, we've probably all been there at least once, but that doesn't mean that what they're doing is wrong. Everyone has their own goals, sooner or later everyone gets their fill.

I was speculating on what hoarding was. No, it's not a valid concept, and I don't recognize it in DC.

I was speculating on what hoarding was. No, it's not a valid concept, and I don't recognize it in DC.

I wasn't trying to say you consider that hoarding, sorry if it came out that way. I was just surprised that such a small amount can be labeled as a "hoard".

Which is an odd concept given that scroll limits are there to give people up to that number of whatever eggs they want. As TJ said when this first became a big thing, way back when:

Just remember, there is no such thing as "hogging" any type of eggs.

If getting tons of rare eggs was wrong, then I would have imposed some sort of limit on it.

Given that such a limit does not exist, neither does the idea of "hogging."

If a game is designed to let people do X, and they go ahead and do X, they're playing within the intentionally set rules.

As for the egg release, all of the planning and math is great, but I'm totally going to forget it all and get myself hopelessly messed up by day 3. xd.png Good think these are permanent.