cerimonster

Multiple lineage viewing thread?

Hey all!

I was just thinking, we have threads for lineage projects, but we don't have a thread where people can post their lineages for others to have a look at, especially those lineages that are trade worthy. A lot of people have image links in their signatures with huge links saying they can breed such lineages, so I figured that having a thread for that stuff would make it a bit easier to collate and keep everything together.

So this would be similar to the wishlist thread. One post per person sort of deal.

I was just wondering what people would think of such a thread would be appreciated? Or would most people see this as pointless?

Crits appreciated smile.gif

as are improvements and ideas.

Ideas/opinions:

~ User Gallery

Concerns:

~Strain on server.

Edited by cerimonster

Yes please! The fact that they are in the signature is because IOUs are forbidden. >_>

Well I get that, but this wouldn't be an IOU thread, this would be a request/opportunity for trade sort of thread, or even just wanting to have those gorgeous lineages in one place.. Some people have hundreds, or even thousands of threads. I know that I have been trying to find a site offline that works for me, but it's just not working.

And so, because it's not based on IOU's it would be allowable from a mods POV..

Having an actual on-site (as opposed to a forum thread) place to show multiple lineages would be really nice (even just as a way to show off my nice lineages), but it might add too much server strain to be reasonable. (゚ー゚;

e: a thread would work but I'd like to be able to just see someone's favored lineages all at once. :v /laaaaazyyyyy

Edited by Guillotine

hmm... didn't really consider the strain on the forum... alright, I think just keep considering it, and if a mod, or TJ says it's too much strain, then fine.

And I think that a lot of lineage lovers out there will be positive towards this idea.

Well, that would be great, but I was thinking a thread with images/ or a specific section where people can have their own threads and add to it when they have different mates/projects etc...

Edited by cerimonster

This sounds like a user Gallery to me. Every user has their own gallery that they upload pictures in, and others can browse it.

Yes, pretty much. And, yes, I'd love to have a gallery, too. smile.gif

So there doesn't seem to be much/many controversy/opinions...

Does anyone have anything to add?

No that's a lineage PROJECT thread, what we're trying to get at here, is whether it would be useful to have something like a gallery to show off our lineages, not to update people about our projects.