Qualeo

Removing refusal for CB holidays

Should we disable refusal for CB holidays?  

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I totally agree and support this idea. c:

I've had my shimmers refuse their holiday mates before so I would love for this idea to happen.

~ Bam

I don't see any real need to do this.

holidays already breed better with shinies due to the guarantee that it will be the shiny result if there is an egg.

Remove the additional risks of refusals, and you'll have to many guarantees for shiny eggs. (in my opinion)

Edited by whitebaron

I don't see any real need to do this.

holidays already breed better with shinies due to the guarantee that it will be the shiny result if there is an egg.

Remove the additional risks of refusals, and you'll have to many guarantees for shiny eggs. (in my opinion)

No, the chances of getting an egg won't be increased. The chances of getting an egg will be the same. I see this more as removing the refusal, but increasing the chance of a no interest/no egg.

From what I see, people seem that even bred dragons should be included in to this. To be honest I was only thinking about stairsteps and such when I suggested this, but I can see why bred ones should also get this as well. (And that we should include the retired breeds as well)

Voted no, because the rarity of a dragon shouldn't determine which features apply to it.

Edited by Pink

I'll say I support this. Just keeping the same chance of getting the egg while removing the chance of never getting the egg ever seems fine.

Voted no, because the rarity of a dragon shouldn't determine which features apply to it.

this. i believe i also voted no.

No, the chances of getting an egg won't be increased. The chances of getting an egg will be the same. I see this more as removing the refusal, but increasing the chance of a no interest/no egg.

oh, but the chances are increased, just due to the fact that there are a lot less, say arsani in the cave than pebbles. That's also part of how ratios are setup, and its why i dislike breeding to holiday mates so much.

I voted yes.

I tried to breed my Shimmer with my CB 2012 Halloween dragon to continue the lineage and they refused.. Now I have no mate for my Shimmer at all sad.gif

I was on the Ropes between 'Remove for all' and 'Remove for Valentine/Christmas Only'

I went for the latter for the following reason:

With Halloween eggs - there is no limit, thus - even though Black Marrow 1 refused to breed with Silver 1...there is no worry if you have a refusal as you could just get another Marrow and try again next year.

Plus - if the system stops and/or resets all refusals - and you had tried a Christmas/Valentines x Halloween dragon cross in the past. With the new change - that pair would now work.

And if it didn't - at least you can catch another Halloween dragon of the same type and try again.

*However, either way - I won't complain if either one of the 'refusal removals' gets through.

I'd just like to point out that you can only get CB Holidays - ever, apart from Prize contests virtually none of us will ever win - in the year they're Released.

I have 2 pairs of CB Marrows - if both of the appropriate gender Refused some miraculous (and in this case, unfortunately fictional example of a) gift of a second-gen Shimmer or Tinsel paired with these sprites, that dragon's potential would be wasted forever.

Edit: and my eternal sympathy to WoLfgIrLyS and others in precisely that situation.

Edited by Syphoneira

I support this specially because of the lineage matters, eventually when some certain (for example old valentines, or even old pink just to use as example) refuses to breed with for example shimmer, it forces the lineage to get destroyed or to start from the beginning :/

I voted no because I don't think it's fair for just seasonals to have it. And, honestly, I don't want all the dragons to have it. A refusal is a refusal. It's part of the game and it doesn't happen all that often. We shouldn't treat holiday dragons any different from any other dragon.

oh, but the chances are increased, just due to the fact that there are a lot less, say arsani in the cave than pebbles. That's also part of how ratios are setup, and its why i dislike breeding to holiday mates so much.

Hi, whitebaron,

wouldn't the ratio's of the Holidays apply only to the Holidays themselves?

And I had rather an idea that the ratios as such don't apply to them, as they only reproduce once on an annual basis...?

Anyone know anything about any TJ quotes on that?

But I do know that if we breed metallics to Blocker breeds, we certainly get a LOT more Blocker eggs, since their ratio level is so high, but no increase in the lower-ratio metallic eggs...

We've seen an increase in Holiday/metallic crosses because of an increase in their use as mates, something at least some of us have been doing to avoid producing more fails for the AP, or wasting chances at producing more desirable Blacks and Stripes on fails rather than on planned lineages.

The idea of removing the possibility of refusals for CB holidays has my wholehearted

support. I was recently gifted a very lovely tinsel, and the silly thing refused my only

adult winter magi.

Yes, and I'd like cb frills/old pinks to be included too. I've only one CB frill and I am about to hyperventilate for the fear of refusal every time I try to breed it to a new dragon, because I mostly need it to continue a lowgen metal x frill line that costed me well. rolleyes.gif