kiyye

The Geek Test

51.29151 % Not bad since I'm not for cosplaying or comics - and we don't even have any cons here.

12.5%.

and I'm a scientist. lol

Yeah, I think I may have missed out because some of the 'modern' Geeky stuff has passed me by. And I don't like Anime.

I do think there should be a bit more weighting for the *number* of chessboards owned, though. I think we have 3.

Also for at least four Scrabble sets as well as two complex variant versions smile.gif (and we have two Trivial Pursuits.)

I can't begin to tell you how many chess sets. AT LEAST 6.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Gosh, I beat a lot more people than expected! Pretty good!

Edited by kiyye

"I COLLECT:

...plush microbes."

I lol'd. Don't mean to brag or anything-- but yeah, I've got Ebola. And Lyme disease. And the plague.

Although I'm not really familiar with a lot of geeky things like comics and games, I suppose being obsessively well-versed in what I DO know helped. I got a higher score than I thought I would, even with some exaggeration. ("Herk's a geek, and I married her in the IRC - that counts, right?!")

I got 29.7048... Total Geek.

I just find it amusing that the stigmatization of "geekiness" has been reduced so much as to actually make being a geek a desirable state of being.

It's an interesting study of human nature, I suppose.

Edited by Pink

I scored 28.7%

Yea, more of a fandom nerd I guess.

whole/partial set of figurines

that I customized myself

^this ._. biggrin.gif

The test itself amused me deeply, so time well spent LOL.

"I COLLECT:

...plush microbes."

I lol'd. Don't mean to brag or anything-- but yeah, I've got Ebola. And Lyme disease. And the plague.

I have the flu, the swine flu, and sore throat laugh.gif

27.49077% (Major Geek). I suppose my love of computers and stacks of dictionaries and calculators (don't ask; I was stuck for what I wanted for Christmas, okay :<) boosted my score. X3

I never usually watch TV (apart from BBT and the news) and I don't know of a single con around here, so that let my percentage down a lot. I don't know whether I should be happy or disappointed with my score.

"I COLLECT:

...plush microbes."

Does naming dragons after plagues count?

In any case, I'm already a Super Geek with a score of 51.84502%, and I bookmarked the page so I can retest as needed. xd.png

I just find it amusing that the stigmatization of "geekiness" has been reduced so much as to actually make being a geek a desirable state of being.

It's an interesting study of human nature, I suppose.

Minority groups are usually proud of their identity. 'Geeks' are pretty much a minority group, let's face it, so it's not all that suprising. How many other people could identify which Star Trek movie was on TV within 30 seconds of walking into the room?

I suppose I should own up now to owning a Collectors Edition Star Trek Monopoly Board.

13%.... oh well....

When I saw the plotting world domination, I just smiled. I do that like everyday when I'm bored.

Edited by sweepea825

17% or so. I wasn't aiming high anyways. :B (But chemistry should have gotten me more points. Only 10 element symbols minimum? Oh please, anyone can do that. Try almost all of them. tongue.gif)

17% or so. I wasn't aiming high anyways. :B (But chemistry should have gotten me more points. Only 10 element symbols minimum? Oh please, anyone can do that. Try almost all of them. tongue.gif)

It was like that with the jigsaw puzzle one. 500 pieces? Easy peasy. I used to be the master at jigsaw puzzles, and took pride in getting a large 3D city puzzle done in one day.

Same with what I want to be... "witch/wizard, superhero, physicist, stuff, stuff..." No chemist sad.gif But I just noticed that a librarian is there, that's my other dream, and I missed it the first time. I'm going to go be butthurt now xd.png

It was like that with the jigsaw puzzle one. 500 pieces? Easy peasy. I used to be the master at jigsaw puzzles, and took pride in getting a large 3D city puzzle done in one day.

Yeah, I did 500 Jigsaw puzzles when I was 8. Try 10,000 pieces. That's crazy. biggrin.gif

14.02%- Geekish Tendencies

That's good. I never really thought I was that big of a geek.

5.16605% - Poser

Wow, I wasn't expecting to be high, but I wasn't expecting to be that low either.

I don't know if that's good or bad, considering I am alittle unhappy right now but also get annoyed when my geeky friends go on about Doctor Who and Homestuck (lord am I so over that)

41.51292% - Major Geek

I'm actually a little surprised it was so high since I'm completely useless with computers tongue.gif but I've always considered myself more of a nerd than a geek. Now I'm wondering what the actual difference is between the two terms.