vallay111

♥ єℓριѕ ~ тнє ρℓαиєт σf нσρє. ♥ {Always Accepting}

Should people be able to make their own species?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

user posted image

Kuriko yelped with pain as the thorn was pulled out, but then stopped. He looked at the grey hatchling. "I am very grateful for your assistance. If I may introduce myself, my name is Kuriko and I am a four day old Hellfire Wyvern," He said gratefully. "Something inside me tells me you guard other creatures," He added thoughtfully.

user posted image

Energy felt that she might be missing something so she slowly got up again and went over to the other three hatchlings. She watched silently as Rale Rock flipped his tail in front of him and glanced at her.

~~~

user posted image

"Hello, Kuriko. I am Rale Rock. Well, I suppose you're right, because my gut instinct told me that I'm apparently a Guardian hatchling... You hatched four days ago? Interesting. I just hatched today. I guess I'm supposed to protect others with this, maybe?" Rale Rock said. "This" was his shield thingy at the end of his tail, which he flipped to the front of him. He gave Energy a glance as she slowly came over.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Kuriko nodded. "I am pleased to meet you, Rale Rock," He said with a smile, looking at the tail. "Do you have any ideas as to what exactly this instinct is? My hypothesis is that it is Ancient knowledge, passed genetically to us from our ancestors," He looked at the brown hatchling, sensing something wrong with her, but he didn't say anything else.

user posted image

"What'ssss a-an anc-cesssstorr? An-nd a hy-hypo-whatever it issss y-you ssssaid," Energy asked, her voice sounding retarded as usual.

~~~

user posted image

Rale blinked. What? He might be good with his speech but it didn't mean that he knew all those fancy words.

"Uh...sure, maybe?" he said. He was glad when Energy asked as he didn't have the guts to do so.

user posted image

"Anscestors are our parents and our parent's parents, and their parents and their parents," Kuriko explained. "And a hyposhesis is a guess. For example, my hypothesis is that you were in pain due to an injury, but have used Numbstalk as a cure because it numbs the pain?" He looked over at Nitori. "And I also have a hypothesis that you were the one to discover it"

Edited by Heidioo

user posted image

Energy hissed. She didn't like the way the newcomer seemed to show off. Or could she be just jealous?

"What, ar-re you a m-mind-rrrreaderrrr?" she half-snapped.

~~~

user posted image

Rale Rock was impressed by Kuriko's knowledge. So he was surprised when Energy hissed at him and spoke sharply to him, almost snapping. He kept quiet, though. He did not want to spark an argument. Besides, there was probably a reason if Energy got snappy. Maybe she was irritated because of her wound or something.

user posted image

Kuriko looked back at the brown hatchling. "No. I am simply observant" He smiled at her and said, "I noticed a small amount of blood in the dirt where you were lying, and a pile of crushed Numbstalk. I also observed that your dark friend, he looked at the heartbeat dragon (ooc --> not that he knew that) Bic --> is having difficulty walking, due to a stiffness in her joints that is similar to what I felt two days ago"

user posted image

Nitori

Ic;; Nitori just stared at the newcomer, jealousy wriggling inside of her stomach as his voice sounded smooth and clear, unlike hers and he seemed to walk easier than she did as well as smarter than the rest of them with all of his fancy talk. Her undeveloped scales seemed to grow hotter as he talked about her little problem with walking before speaking with a hint of aggressiveness, "I-It's nummm- numbwe-eeed n-not numbstalk." Snorting grumpily at her slurred speech, she whipped around and stumbled away angrily with her eyes focused on her paws just to make sure she doesn't trip and embarrass herself again.

user posted image

Kuriko loped after her. "I'm sorry. Numbstalk is just what I call it. If you say it's Numbweed, then alright, I'll call it that too" He was trying to be friendly. "I am Kuriko," He said with a smile, attempting to make his speech less advanced "What it your name?"

user posted image

Nitori

Ic;; Nitori attempted to ignore Kuriko as she almost tripped trying to get to the pond with the lotus's in it. Her nostrils was flared as she finally sat down on the shore before shaking her head, "I-It's n-none of yo-your bussssiness, sin-since you se-seem to knnnoow ev-everyyything." A growl rumbled in her throat, she didn't like this newcomer, he knew too much for a hatchling even if he hatched four days ago. How would he know about joint problems? How would he know about everything that basically just happened? He had all these huge fancy words that he spoke and all that stuff, he even walked perfect! Was he watching them while the banshee came? While she face-planted into the patch of numbweed? Heck, she wasn't even surprised if he was stalking them all the way from the fruit tree.

Edited by vallay111

user posted image

"I don't know everything," Kuriko replied, frowning, sad that he was ignoring him. "I'm just experienced. I tripped in a patch of Numbst-- I mean, numbweed - on my first day. I'm sorry if I made you feel bad," He said. "I just... I just want friends, and you three are the first living thing that I have met that haven't run away or tried to eat me"

user posted image

Energy flicked her tongue. She felt bad at what she'd said but still!

"Tr-trrrue but h-he di-idnn't nnneed t-to ssshhhoww offff," she snapped.

~~~

user posted image

Rale watched silently as the rest seemed to be...jealous...of the hatchling's experience. He decided to say something about it.

"Hey guys, let's not be so unfriendly. I mean, it's not his fault that he hatched early and got more experience," he tried to make peace and blinked when Energy snapped at him. What? What was their problem?

"Are you guys jealous or something?" asked Rale Rock innocently.

user posted image

Hearing a conflict approaching, Kuriko flinched. "Please, don't fight on my account!" He said hastily. He heard the Guardian's words, and his eyes widened. "Jealous of me? Why should you be? You three have each other to be around and talk to. You have each other to fight with against challenges. It is I who should be jealous of you. If I had been hurt, I would have died, but you have each other to care for you and help you." His ears drooped, and he began to walk away from the little group.

user posted image

Despite her jealousy, Energy smiled just a little. Maybe Kuriko wasn't so bad after all. She turned back to him.

"Fine, I'm sorry. Just don't show off so much, please," she rolled her eyes, but not in a mean way.

~~~

user posted image

"Hey, wait!" Rale scrambled after Kuriko. He firmly sat in front of Kuriko, blocking his path.

"No way am I letting you..." he paused. "What's the word I'm looking for?" Fend. Rale continued, "...you to fend for yourself out there!"

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Kuriko's ears were still drooped depressedly as he said, "I might only be four days old, but I can tell when I'm not wanted," He said sadly. He didn't hear the brown hatchling's words. He turned to the Guardian. "I've done it for four days, why should now be any different?" There was no hint of bragging in his voice, only a sadness and depression he could not explain. He sighed. "You guys are better off without me"

user posted image

What? Energy frowned and walked a little nearer. After Rale finished talking, she spoke again.

"I alrready sssaid that I'm sssorry! Sheesshh, you don't have to be so...dramatic," she realised that she was getting used to talking now. Oh good, maybe her voice wouldn't sound so retarded all the time soon.

~~~

user posted image

Rale Rock shook his head.

"No! How do you know if we're better off without you?" the Guardian hatchling argued further.

user posted image

Kuriko flinched. He had expected the brown hatchling to be glad he was leaving. But she was protesting that he stay. But he couldn't stay. Not unless the third hatchling asked him to stay. He would not be the source of a conflict. He looked at Rale. "You seemed to be getting along fine before I showed up," He said, lifting his head slightly. "Who's to say it won't go on the same after I leave?"

<OOC: Man, this feels like the time I tried to bring a negative friend of mine (she used to be my frenenmy...) to a positive point of view but failed. DX Sorry, will post later, I feel like I need a break...too addicted to roleplays. dry.gif Or maybe I'm just feeling lazy. xd.png >

((Agh, back from memorial day stuff))

user posted image

Nitori

Ic;; Nitori made a grumbling noise, glancing back as Kuriko began to talk to the others then slowly pad off saying that he wasn't wanted and all. Her eyes narrowed, she still didn't like the hatchling even if he was born before them and he couldn't help it, she still felt stupid around him and she knew she probably shouldn't be a jerk about it but the little hatchling did not want him to be here. Facing back to the pond and pawing at the mud that stuck inbetween her talons. Something seemed to weigh her down because her shoulders seemed to be sagging a bit more than what she wanted them to. Was it guilt? Was she guilty of disliking the hatchling just because he knew more? Everything she disliked about him was only because he seemed to be perfect with everything she wasn't good at. Sighing, Nitori grunted and lashed her tail about crankily for she might not like this hatchling but she had to be nice to him or else she'll lose the other two as friends and apparentally she already bonded with Rale Rock. The strange heartbeat was still audible but only faintly she could hear, still matching Rale Rock's and yet not her own. Finally she heaved herself up with a groan and stumbled on over to the three, glancing up as the bright glowing thingy was beginning to fall down the edge of the earth [or the horizon lol]. Nitori turned to face Kuriko, "Sta-stay, i-its la-late now don't g-go on ou-out there an-and...-" And...? Kill! That's it. "-kill you-yourself, sta-stay here wi-with usss."

user posted image

Kuriko looked up. He could barely beleive it. "Thank you," He said softly, not looking at any of them. "I'm very grateful," he added, biting his lip.

user posted image

Energy cocked her head then grinned. She could actually like the hatchling if he didn't show off his brilliance that much. She turned and looked at the setting sun. She went nearer to the edge to watch the beautiful sunset. Then she frowned. The circle yellow thing was called a sun? Oh, well, okay then.

~~~

user posted image

Rale Rock smiled as Nitori stumbled over and agreed that Kuriko could stay. He looked around thoughtfully.

"We're going to sleep in the open? But what if a Banshee attacks us while we sleep?" he asked.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Kuriko jumped slightly with excitement. "You don't need to sleep in the open!" he said excitedly. "We can sleep in a little cave I found this morning!"

user posted image

Energy turned to Kuriko.

"Wherrrrre issss it?" she asked, eager to explore a cave. She didn't know what a cave was but it sounded so mysterious!

~~~

user posted image

Rale nodded. Well, that was a good thing.

"You're coming, right, Nitori?" he asked the Haunted Heartbeat hatchling as he walked up to her.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Nitori

Ic;; Nitori flicked her ears as the other hatchling cheered up a bit. Her face was plastered with a awkward smile but her eyes danced with a different emotion, twirling with jealousy even if the male accepted to act less intelligent around them. As Rale approached, she quickly thought of a happy time to help hide her emotion from Rale, whom she bonded with but he might not of known what the beating actually meant. Right now it grew to an obviously audible beat, which kind of threw her off from thinking it was her own but she just shrugged off that thought and replied with a nod for she didn't feel like talking at the moment.