grishiu

Subeta

Subeta's a place where you adopt pets, in a lot of the same ways you do on Neopets. However, there's much more to it than just pets.

Subeta link:

http://subeta.net/

I can probably take hours to describe how much better Subeta is than Neopets buuuut, that's not the point of this thread really tongue.gif However I'll outline some popular features of Subeta:

Pets

Just like Neopets, Subeta has many species of pets you can choose from. There's also several basic colours, and unlike Neopets, several colours with unique poses (though they can be quite a bit more expensive X3)

Also, each person starts out with 5 pet slots, but you can always add more slots with items if you want to!

Human Avatars

If you're familiar with Gaia, you know what a HA is tongue.gif It's your own little person you get to dress up and strut around with, showing it around places such as the Forums and other places people socialize! There thousands of regular clothing items to choose from, but if there's also custom clothing. Custom clothing is designed by users just like you! They're really fancy and lovely but have a pretty big price tag to them because they're so unique @_@

Quests

There are a lot of NPCs on Subeta that offer quests, where they basically want you to find the items they seek. The faster you do it, usually the better the reward (although sometimes NPCs can be total butts). Most popular quests to do are Wizard and Saggitarius quests. When you complete a Wizard quest, you get Wizard tokens which is another currency you can use to purchase items from special stores and of course, Vend! Saggi usually gives you lots of moneys.

Every weekend Subeta also has a Weekend quest where the chosen NPC will give you bigger rewards if you do their quests on the weekend!

Achievements

I think anybody who plays games knows what achievements entail, and Subeta has those too! There's lots to collect, and some even have their own reward for completing them, like a special item or forum title!

And of course there's more to do c: There's always special events on Subeta, and plots too. It's got a pretty big art community too. And there's battle. And all this other stuff!

(Although I have to caution everybody that swearing is allowed on Subeta. Therefore, make sure that if you don't want to see such language on it, check ENABLE for the bad-word filter in your user dashboard [under options])

It's pretty obvious that I'm into Subeta tongue.gif I was wondering if there was anybody else on DC who's a fan of Subeta too ;O

If you wanna find me I'm same boring Grishiu like I am on here X3

Edited by grishiu

Do you have to subscribe to have more than 5 pets?

Not necessarily. They do have their own Cash Shop, where you can buy things like additional pet slots, but you can get those without having to use real cash, too smile.gif

A Gold account is like a premium account, and it gives you an additional 5 pet slots, for a grand total of 10. You can buy them from the Cash Shop with real money, but plenty of users have them in their shops for a few million sP (and trust me, it doesn't take centuries to get a few million tongue.gif) The lowest ones you can buy are 1 Week Gold Account Medals, which last for a week. It should be plenty of time if you just want to get a few extra pets biggrin.gif

There's also these things called Loyalty Boxes, that you get for every full year you're on the site from the second year onwards. There's multiple things you can get from the box (you choose which one you want) including 3 months of gold account usage, a pet name change, a pet colour change (any colour), a username change, a stat booster, more treasure chest space, or an additional pet slot.

I personally have only 10 pet slots currently. I'm waiting for more pet colours to be released before I use my Loyalty Boxes tongue.gif Though I know people who have 20+ pets. I think the most I've seen was a user who had 30 pets.

Gee, I feel like I'm giving way too much info sad.gif I must sound like an information dispenser. Sorry ^-^;

Edit: Oh BTW Loyalty Boxes are non-tradeable. They're only for you wink.gif

Edited by grishiu

Well, now I can't find the FAQ. >_< In it it talked about those(Loyalty Boxes and such) and it sounded like you couldn't use the extra spots unless you had a GA.

I think I found it:

"Is it true you need a GA in order to use any additional purchased pet slots and slots from the Pet Slot Totems?

Yes. While you can purchase extra slots and redeem a Loyalty Pet Slot Totem without having a Gold Account, you do need to have an active Gold Account in order to use any pets slots above the 5 slots you get with a normal account."

So, yes :V You need a GA first before you can make more than 10 pet slots c:

Hmm ... I guess I'll stay a bit longer before I decide if I want to stay or not. I'm still having trouble navigating the site. I still can't get back to the FAQ. dry.gif Do you know when/how often the Limited pets restock?

Anyway, Thumblerig is my favorite game. xd.png And I hope they update the Tigrean, I like the new version.

What are the flowers for?

I don't know too much about when limited pets restock, mostly because there's several ways to go about getting a certain type of pet tongue.gif There's these things called elixirs which you can use on your pet to transform it into a different species c: I think the only pet that doesn't have an elixir is the Aeanoid? But even then I think you can grow your own Aeanoid via an Aeanoid Seed tongue.gif

And I myself am in love with Tigreans ;n; I don't want them to change. My glacier Tigrean was my first pet.

The flowers are part of a seasonal kind of event on Subeta called Vesnali. The flowers that you find around the site can be given to users through their profiles in exchange for Vesnali Tokens which you can spend at the Vesnali shop! It has all sorts of spring themed items in it that you can buy c: You can always check out the forums to find out more about things. There's a nifty little subforum for Vesnali right now that's specifically designed for people to post about the whole flower event biggrin.gif

Edit: Also it seems like their shop search is malfunctioning right now o3o Should be back up soon I hope.

Edited by grishiu

I looked at the forums, but I was looking for an 'Events' board. I happened to click Vesnali on the Subpedia, but I didn't see anything mentioning flowers(though I didn't read it all that well, either, so I could have missed it).

It's towards the bottom in the Subetapedia c:

Usually when I try and find something on Subeta I go to google and type it out with Subeta at the front X3 Usually takes me to several forum topics that somehow answer a similar question tongue.gif

I play Subeta, I recently opened a Cult on there called "Draconic Lair" it is for fans of Dragon Cave, and for a general hang-out where people can chat and have fun. My username on there is JujuPi. I'd really appreciate seeing people join the cult and help it grow into a great group of friendly people. Would love to meet some new people. smile.gif

It's actually a really sad story as to why I don't play Subeta. When I was little, I think about nine or ten? It was well over six years ago, I went on this massive join-site spree. I was really nooby and stupid, and didn't give a dang about COPPA laws. I know now that what I was doing was childish and stupid, and that I could have gotten a lot of people in trouble, but at that moment in time I was really selfish and uncaring towards everything. I joined Subeta and loved it, so I broke one of the biggest rules. No multiple accounts. I'm actually glad I got banned and I got that harsh message, it actually really woke me up. A slap in the face that got me out of my stupidity.

But the sad part now is that because of that, I'm really honorable with online games. I think about Subeta and remember how great it was and how much I think I'd love to go make a new account, but the ban message said that I lost my right to play and for that they're right. Even if I was young and dumb, what I did in the past still exists today and I should still pay for that dumb mistake because in the end it was my decision to break serious rules. It's weird how it taught me a big lesson when I'm sure they didn't intend that at all xd.png .

Edited by Luckyclaw

They won't know it's you, though, unless you tell them- or have the same email or IP address or something. *shrug*

Anyway, I'm on there as well- my username's MagnusTheRed, if anyone cares. And is it me or has it been down a whole load lately? It's happened about once a day within the last week or so.

Luckyclaw, if it's been over 6 years, you can go make a new account without any penalties. c: they clear all banned account after a year so people can others can use the username or the pet names, and you're allowed to create a new account and rejoin after your old account has been cleared, that's what i did with my account on subeta.

anyway, my username's Sawtooth on there if anyone wants to add me.