TwilightMoonDragon

~ The War of the Stag ~ | Game of Thrones

(TMD has communicated to me that she is still going to be active in this RP, but is waiting on a reply from another player.)

[Well... that would be me. Apparently. Sorry!]

Lenora was at the table. Tony entered, and she frowned. "As long as it's not bedding our new family member." She said, chiding her son. She wouldn't be surprised, if she rounded up all the servants who had been taken in by him, she'd have a whole castle full. Sad, really. She didn't say anything though, because she figured that it was just his age, or his stature. She didn't know, and decided not to make herself an enemy in her own son. She'd seen that in herself growing up. It wouldn't be fair to Tony if they were on his back all the time, but they needed to do something about it. What would they do though? Lock his forge for a week?

[Yay!]

Lord Dante Stark walked into the room, his cloak trailing behind him. He was happy to be with his family again, and as he sat down at the head of the table, he looked around. Tony was being chided for being late. Would he be chided too? He grinned at Lenora and waited for Vari to come. She was the guest, and she should be getting ready, right?

[GTG]

Tony made a face and shook his head. "Nah," he said, walking forward to take his usual seat at the table - to the right of his mother. He didn't like to be to close to his father, lest he feel the need to wink at a pretty waitress. There was something about the maids he liked. Maybe that they often felt they couldn't say no to him, being the Lord's son. Or perhaps it actually was his features, ensnaring them with compliments. Crossing one ankle over the other underneath the table, he carefully reached into his pocket and drew out some sort of metal puzzle, glancing down every now and then at it. Although no-one would know it, it would remind someone of modern times of how teenagers sometimes go on their cellphones during class or dinner sneakily under the table.

Vani made her way down as quickly as she could after having to stop and take directions from staff passing by. It seemed that she was a bit out of touch with the castle. Though she remembered individual corridors very well, it proved a bit confusing to connect them all. When she did make it it, shortly after Tony, she took her seat silently next to her brother. Looking around, the tables were full and she could smell food coming from somewhere beyond the doors of the dining hall. That food smelled glorious. "Good evening." she said to her brother. The tables were full up and she felt like every lord and lady must be here tonight, though that was quite impossible. The castle would probably be stuffed to the brim if there were. "Is it always this full or am I imagining things?"

"Yes." Lenora replied bluntly. They were royalty or rulers of the realm at the very least. Everyone wanted to rub elbows with them. Brown nosers liked to gloat that they'd met the lord and lady Stark. Not to mention that her husband was back after a year and had brought a lovely new maiden to the castle. How would faithful Lenora deal with this? She wouldn't because that was his sister and Lenora would just as soon kill him for being unfaithful if he mentioned something about it. However, that wasn't him either, and she couldn't picture him working up the courage to tell her. Or even ask a woman to do that when the whole kingdom knew he was taken. The rumors actually made her laugh, and for once at the dinner, she smiled. It was tiny one, but these people were so petty and twittered about anything and everything. It was sad really.

[i lost my colors. :<]

Dante looked up at his son, and frowned deeply as he sat away from him. Despite being his first born, Tony seemed to despise him, and he didn't like that. But his wife sat next to him and so did Vari. "... It is..." he said, rubbing his temple and looking over at his son. "... So.. Tony, I was thinking." it was often that families held their opinions of the families. "... I was thinking if you can visit the Arryns... They have a very pretty daughter..."

Tony looked up from his fiddling, eyebrows slightly raised in an expression of pure, 'huh?' Then, as the man's words sank into him, he smiled briefly, slightly, and shook his head. He slipped his toy back into his pocket. "Are you trying to set me up with marriage again, father?" he asked, looking at him lazily with the sort of pure confidence he held about himself. "Marriage is so... Binding. So boring. Bet she isn't that pretty either." He raised an eyebrow, thinking the matter closed. He'd made his stance on the subject of marriage very clear before, but Dante seemed to always go on about it. It had been nice, not having him around...

Stark looked at his son with narrowed eyes. His wife was good. She gave him a son, but a son with his head in the clouds and his mind in the stars. Always tinkering. How was he going to rest peacefully when his time was done when his son was nothing more than a smith? "... I am sure that the Arryn girl is pretty, Tony." he told him as the drinks were serves, and then the appetizers. "... Perhaps you must see for yourself."

Tony rolled his eyes. Oh, his father. This was why they never got alone. Huffing, he slumped down slightly in his seat and picked up his glass. "I doubt that," he muttered into his wine, before taking a good drink. Placing it back on the table, he raised his eyebrows at him. "You can introduce us all you want, but you won't be able to make me marry her!"

"You'll have to marry someone sooner or later." Dante told him harshly. "You have to keep the Stark family going. So far, you are my only son, and the Baratheons are becoming more and more hostile each day. You will have to marry a girl and bear sons, so if I die defending my land, I can rest in peace!" he noticed that his voice was rising, and his face was flushing. He took his wine and swallowed it down, trying to drown his anger. Dante was just very stressed... Why did his son turn out like this? Did he do something wrong..? "... If you do not marry someone by your twenty first birthday, I'm sending you to the Wall."

Tony glared across at his father. "So you want me to marry so that you can have a legacy," he muttered, putting a prawn from an appetizer into his mouth and chewing grumpily. At the mention of the Wall, he looked at him in a slightly taken aback, almost amused fashion, ends of his lips curling slightly. "So you'd send your only son to the Wall? That's sort of contradicting your views, Daddy-oh," he drawled, eyeing a particularly tasty looking piece of bread. "Then there'd be no chance of me siring a son or daughter." A hand going out, he snatched the piece of bread and tore off a piece, chewing leisurely and probably annoyingly to the older man.

Lenora was listening to the conversation, drinking and eating as she did so.Her husband finished his rant and she set down her glass. It was fair, all things considered. "Tony. I support your father's decision. Now, either marry or deal with your choices." She wanted her husband to add on to anything she said. It was easier to use fewer words, they were easier to get the point across. Tony, however, never seemed to care. Rolling his eyes and blowing everything off. If the Stark line died out, then Winterfell and all Stark land would fall... well, where would it fall to? The 'Royal' rulers? Hopefully not. If only she could take the whole kingdom with them when she and Dante died.

(Same with Esther, which is why I haven't posted.)

Lysa was sitting at the table, twidling her fingers. She didn't know what to do. She had two of the three Targaryens in her home. What would the Baratheons think..?

[GTG]

Unaware of her mother's internal dilemma, Marissa entered the room,

"Cook says that dinner is nearly ready to be served. He wishes to know how many dishes to prepare."

It wasn't often that both Lord and Lady Arryn sat together for meals - mostly because Lord Arryn often took it upon himself to check on the outlying settlements in Arryn territory and wasn't often at home.

[OOC: mainly because no-one has made him as a character...]

[Guys, I'm dropping this RP; it just didn't catch my attention as much as I thought it was... If you guys want to continue, fine, but I'm making a werewolf vs weredragon RP... If any of you want to join. ^^]