TwilightMoonDragon

~ The War of the Stag ~ | Game of Thrones

"Your lord father has come after a year, and you dare defy him..?" Anthony was as stubborn as ever... Lord Stark looked at his lady and then back down at Anthony. "Go and help your aunt, Prince Stark; if not I'll send you to the Wall!"

Lysa looked at Esther closer, and frowned. She did look familiar... "The Baratheons are nothing to us..." she told her. "... Come closer. My eyesight is poor."

Hiserio looked at Marissa and allowed a smile to come across his face. She was very respectful... Very, very respectful... "... One day, I'll resume to the throne and be blood of the dragon with my sister." he told her. "... I'll remember you there."

Tony looked sarcastically thoughtful for a second, then nodded. Of course he would defy his father. He could always feel that his father was disappointed in him; it had been nice to have him away for while. Yet at the mention of the wall, he straightened, although not without a rolling of his eyes. "Oh, alright then," he grumbled, walking out of his workroom. Then, just outside the door, he jabbed a finger into the room. "Don't you dare touch any of my stuff!" With that said, he walked off. With a wink and an ask for directions to his Aunt's whereabouts, he found himself outside her bathroom door. He knocked with a sigh, stance lazy. "It's Tony. Your nephew. Didn't know I had an aunt," he called through the door boredly. He'd much rather be working with chemicals or metal than be here.

Vani jumped a little and looked up towards the door. Who was that? Wait. She had a nephew? She tried to think if she'd ever seen a nephew running around at any of the feasts, but that voice was one of a man's. Sge quickly submerged her head in the tub and viciously cleaned out soap suds. Erik was staring at the door, tail thumping against the ground and ready to pounce. She climbed out of the tub and quickly threw a robe around herself. "I didn't know I had a nephew." she said, opening the door. She was pleasantly surprised. He was a tad more handsome than she had originally thought, though that may have been because the image of a younger more troublemaking kind of person had popped in to her head. She definitely recognized him now. She was sure she had seen him around dinnertime meals, looking rather bored and tinkering with something under the table. Her recollection went far enough to suggest that they might have even been forced to play together once, which had been stunningly boring. She fancied him more as an older cousin when she saw him, more than a nephew. She smiled shyly and Erik pushed past her and began sniffing Tony's clothes. "Down, Erik." she said, pulling him back.

((will finish. Have to go to school.))

Edited by ArchiosLukos

Tony wasn't particularly tall, but he still found it slightly surprising to find himself, well, blinking down at her. Huh. He couldn't really recall her. He didn't tend to remember people he didn't consider important, or he didn't see often. She was very young to be an aunt. Quite suddenly, there was a big furry something sniffing around at his clothing. He recoiled slightly, nose wrinkled. It was a direwolf? Yet a tame one. And it had been in the bathroom with her. How very strange. "Hello. I've been sent to assist you with your dressing," he said, unable to help the slightly snide curl of his lip. He wouldn't mind at all if he saw her unclothed. He ran a hand through his hair, which had been sticking to his forehead. "Sorry about my appearance. Been working in the forge. I'm Anthony."

"Did you miss me so much that you had to threaten him?" Lenora smiled at Dante as she watched her son leave. Such a rebel, she wondered if her husband was successful on his mission. She left the question hang, because she didn't want to sadden him if his mission wasn't a success. Though, by the way he had asked Tony to aid his aunt, she could guess. Her hands were folded one over the other, and she was grateful she could blame her blush on the heat. "We should leave Tony's forge before we... disturb the items within." She joked, carefully crafting words so that not to embarrass her husband. He could be a little shy. It had been a year since she'd seen him last, she'd nearly forgotten the way that he talked, or his eyes. The way he moved, but he was here again.

[ugh, school.]

Lord Stark looked at his lady again, and gave a scowl. "... One day, he'll find himself on that frozen wall in the north, with no women, and freezing his arse off. One day, he'll sire a babe of some other lord and I'll be made a fool." he paused and nodded when Lenora said that they should leave. He left the force quickly, quietly. "... I was too blind with him... Should of put him somewhere when he was thirteen... I was younger than him when I had him! And even younger when I married you."

"Well, I'm sure we could do something with him if we wished." Lenora agreed. It was true, her son was twenty now, certainly older than she was when she had him. It was too bad that she couldn't find a permanent suitor. Usually they were mere one night stands and the like, never amounting to anything more. "We spoil him." Lenora said, realizing that she hadn't really forced her son to do anything but marry. He wasn't ever soldier or anything, he just worked in his forge and on his science. Something needed to be done, but not now. She had her husband back after a year apart. "But... that's not what I want to talk about." She didn't want to talk about her son and his problems yet. Dante had only just some back to her. What if he went away again? She reached her hand over to his, wanting him to hold her hand. Edited by RainDash

"Spoil him?" Danthe guffawed lightly, but it was not a happy laugh. Oh, no, no it wasn't. Anthony was making him pull his hairs out. "... He's already spoiled. We allowed him to stay at the castle, garb him in dressy robes... And keep him fed and plump, keep him happy and safe." he looked down at Lenora's hand, and carefully, his giant hand closed around hers, adoring her soft, white palm and fingers. He remained silent, blushing, and looked at her hand as he twisted her fingers with his. "... What do you wish to speak about?" Edited by TwilightMoonDragon

Vani felt a bit more exposed after a few moments with Tony there. Others around the castle, particularly family, had their share in helping her get ready for the day. In the year that she was gone, she had to do all of the getting ready herself along with helping two little ones. There was something in that smile that made her nervous. Since she had been in a household instead of a tavern or other place, Vani had been lucky enough to avoid looks like that. Erik lost interest and went through a door that lead to her room itself. It would be rude to send him away if someone had told him to come. 'most likely my brother'. "You can certainly have a seat if nothing else. I've found some fruit on the table when I came in." she said, moving things out of the way and going quickly to her wardrobe. The sooner she got dressed the better. "I'm sorry that they made you come up. The most I'll need help with is the corset I think."

Esther went closer to the Lady with a tiny smirk. "Do you see it now, m'lady? Do you see the dragon in my face? The vibrant violet of my eyes. The pale silver of my hair. It should be obvious to you now. And now that my brother and I have reunited, we shall go and take back our throne. You see, fair lady, my brother has been working for you for some time, I believe. Once we are wed, there shall be an eruption and my family shall be avenged. If you...remain neutral...I shall make sure that your house is prosperous under our rule. If not...expect to be bathed in the hottest fire from the fiercest dragon."

(Gotta go.)

The Lady could see it now. She narrowed her eyes at her, and Lysa sunk deeper into her chair. She threaded her fingers in front of her face and watched Esther silently. "... I am afraid now..." she whispered, softly. "... If the Baratheons found out you were here... They will slaughter everyone... They will slaughter my dear Marissa..."

There was little else that could be said on Marissa's behalf, apart from another murmured thanks at Hiserio's assertion that she'd be remembered at the Targaryen restoration to power.

It was a near parallel to the scene between Esther and her mother - yet with one difference - no hidden threats. That may have more to do with their locations and relative positions, after all a kitchen wasn't exactly the usual place for diplomatic meetings.

Marissa wasn't really sure how she could help - but she'd already pledged her aid, so all that was required was the opportunity to present itself.

[Perhaps it's nearly time for food to be served? Or maybe Marissa can take a message to Esther for Hiserio? - since as the daughter of the household she'd have more freedom of movement.... or perhaps she could cover for Hiserio if/when he slips away to see Esther?]

"Was your mission a success?" Lenora asked, looking at Dante as he gripped her hand. She liked the feel of the scars on his palm, something about the idea that he fought for his kingdom as much as any soldier made her happy. A lord worked for his people, not the other way around. She missed the feeling of his hand in hers too, she noticed. She wished that he didn't have to keep them in her mind so long sometimes. However, that was a price to pay. "When can I meet her?" She asked, dodging around his answer. She knew him, he wouldn't just abandon his sister. Not when he had lost one. Being an only child, Lenora didn't know exactly the feeling, but she knew him.

"Yeah, sounds alright to me." Tony stuck his hands in his pockets and wandered over to the chair. He plopped himself down in it. He still hadn't taken off his coveralls, and really was making a bit of a mess all over the place. Glancing across to the fruit, he picked up an apple. After a glance around it, he sunk his teeth into the ripe fruit and chewed appreciatively, although neatly. He knew enough to not be rude around ladies. "I'll easily pull those strings," he murmured absentmindedly. He was quite strong; working in the forge had built up much muscle in his arms.

"You have been in danger all along. If you have ever sent your daughter down to the kitchen to clean, she has already seen my brother working there. If your daughter is smart, which I presume she is, being your child, she knows. I would even venture to say that she may have known for some time. Months. Perhaps even years. But have no fear. We shall not associate with the Arryns until we have the throne and the Baratheons are no great threat." Stepping back a little, she curtsied slightly. "I will be nearby if you require assistance. It is the least I can do in return for your keeping my little secret."

Vani glanced at the filth being tracked in with a calculated look, judging how long it would take to clean up. She could do that after-well, actually, she didn't have any obligation to clean it up. She could just call a servant in... Oh nevermind, she could get it later. She pulled a dress and skirts out of the wardrobe that looked like they might fit reasonably well and dissapeared behing a changing screen. She shed her bathrobe and started figuring out the more complex dresses again. Vani was displeased when she found out she had some trouble remembering exactly how to put the extra layers on. ((feel free to insert helping with the corset or whatever else Tony might be doing.)) Eventually, things were sorted and she emerged, adjusting a few things. These clothes felt extremely fancy even though it had been just a little above standard wear. It was black per the norm with gold trimming, full sleeves, long skirt, and velvety in texture. Her dog whistle hung around her neck and the Stark signet ring displayed on her hand. "I'm sorry for making you wait. Does your father have some agenda for me?"

When he was needed, Tony entered behind the screen. Stationed behind her, he carefully pulled the strings of the corset tight. He would hate to be a woman, having to a wear a horrible thing like that around his stomach. Bleurgh. Once finished, he stepped out of the area. At the question, he simply shrugged. "He said that you were going to be dining at a feast at midnight. That's all I heard," he said, tone still rather, well, bored. He didn't find helping to dress a younger aunt very entertaining. Scratching the back of his head, he sighed.

She smiled sympathetically at his apparent boredome. It had been evident that he didn't want to be here. Maybe he could talk to her brother about letting her dress on her lonesome from now on. She sat across from him at the small table. She couldn't apologize enough it seemed. "I truly am sorry. I'm sure you can sneak back to the... forge, was it?" By his appearance, that seemed to be his center, what made him happy. At least, she assumed he was skilled. Why else would a nephew of hers be there if he could do someth8ng he more enjoyed. "My name is Oi-well, I suppose I'm Vanicinario again, though you can call me either Vani or Ario."

Tony shrugged. "Yeah, forge... Now I'm out and my work has been cooled, there's no point in going back," he sighed, leaning against the wall. He nodded at the name he was given. It had many, 'i's in it, he noted. "Vani," he murmured thoughtfully. The word rolled off his lip and tongue, and it was pleasant to the ear. He would call her that. She hadn't mentioned him calling her his, 'aunt,' either, so he would simply call her by her name. Plucking at his sleeve, he wrinkled his nose. It was a bit sticky.

[Yeah, food should be served. Can someone start?

In the Stark family as well. ^^]

Erik began barking and there was a knock at the door. She told whomever was there to come in and a servant notified them that supper was on and that his lordship requested they come down at once. Vani nodded and the young lady left. She stood and took inventory of herself. She supposed she should have her circlet on, but surely it didn't matter that much. She had just gotten back. She pulled her hair in to a quick bun and tied it in place. She watched Tony pick at his sleeve. "I'm sure the tub water is still warm if you want to get that off quickly."

Tony nodded appreciatively. "Thanks," he grunted, hurrying inside. "You go on ahead. Doesn't matter if I'm late." Then he shut the door behind him. After a couple of minutes, he emerged with a towel wrapped around his waist and filthy clothes in one hand. He hurried through the chamber, down a couple of hallways (not without winking and smiling quirkily at female servants along the way) and then went into his room. He got himself into some new clothes, the same in style to the dirty garments lying on the side. The maids could wash that for him later. Quickly checking himself out in a mirror, he carefully styled his hair and smoothed down his facial hair. Perfect.

Anthony stepped out of his room, closed the door behind him, then jogged toward the dining room. Down a flight of stairs, to the left, then- ah. He entered, smiling at the people inside. "Sorry I'm late. I was assigned duties that didn't allow for me to have any time to myself." He liked time to himself.

((I think we're looking for some other Starks to join the feast besides just Tony and Vani.))

((Just to get the ball rolling in the Arryn household too))

The head cook stuck his head into the cleaning area and spoke to those within. His words were more directed at Marissa, as he wasn't privvy to the same things Marissa was - the true identity of Hiserio.

"Dinner will be served shortly - would you ask your Lady Mother if there are any extra requirements?"

Marissa placed her drying cloth aside, sent a quick apologetic look at Hiserio - she knew that he'd have to finish up whatever was left undone from her section of the work.

Marissa couldn't spare more than the glance as she went on the simple errand of informing her mother dinner was nearly ready. The head cook said shortly - which meant it was approximately half an hour before serving. Time enough for the cook to make last minute changes.

A single, well-placed window was the only useful source of light in the relatively small rock building. At the base of a chimney a small, yet hot, fire burned. Sitting calmly beside it was a creature with rich red fur and a charmingly sharp face. It's large ears swiveled, and it's rich blue eyes were a perfect match for the eyes of human who was standing at a table, rolling a tiny piece of metal very carefully.

Markus watched his large hands carefully as they gently rolled over the quickly cooling metal. He quickly strode towards the fire, grabbing a knife that was strategically placed nearby. The gold was perfectly malleable right now, but given another five minutes and it would no longer be that way. He quickly sliced through the coil he had been making and grabbed a miniscule pair of tongs he began by pinching the end of one of the pieces, and then carefully weaving the pieces together in a series. Once he had run out of the coil, he smiled at his work in satisfaction. This would easily be one of the finest chains in Westeros, once he had finished. It would take him several more days to repeat the process enough before the piece could be useful, but he was sure the queen would find it satisfactory.

Clapping his hands as if to announce that he was done, Markus turned around and observed the dimming sky through the window. Zander wove between his feet, and Markus crouched down beside the creature. "You really turned out to be a handsome fellow." He said, enjoying the richness of Zander's fur as he ran his hand along the red fox's back. His stomach grumbled, and Markus straightened up. "Now there is only to clean up myself and this place, and dinner." He said, glancing around. He had been glad for the lack of servants here a moment ago, but now he wished that he could leave the cleaning for another. I would need an apprentice for that He reminded himself. The idea felt foreign to him, much the same way the idea of marrying did. Things had just started...but then again, You never know He thought to himself. Brushing his thoughts away with a shake of his head, Markus swung his black hair out of his eyes. He liked to keep it at about two of his finger's long, but it had grown beyond that. "I'll need to get this mop of mine trimmed before it interferes with my work." He told Zander as he brushed of the table and put his tools away. Striding towards the entrance he glanced back, satisfied that the shop was straightened out, and made his way to his chambers. "I'm looking forward to dinner." He muttered to Zander, who was following him.