Gimlisk

The scariest game you ever played!

I think the scariest game I played was Yume Nikki. There really wasn't a specific level that got to me, but the entire game had this horrible feeling of dread that finally broke you down once you got to the end. I specifically remember the crying alien and FC world made me want to cry, and numbers world almost made me put the game down. I finished it to the very end though, and it was worth it.

The spinoff game, .Flow, was worse though. I played that game from start to finish and it took my mind for a serious trip. The flesh world made me put the game down for a moment, but I finished it too.

I am never playing Sonic CD, EVER!

Don't worry about it. I said it's HIDDEN. You have to hack to get to it.

Did you not read that?!

I am usually freaked out by creepypastas, but I cannot help but read them, though I have found a couple funny, like Sonic.exe and Easter Egg, Snow on Mount Silver. I loved those two.

I got pretty freaked out when I got to Lavender Town while playing Pokemon Red....

But the scariest game I've ever played has to be Slender tongue.gif

WHY IS EVERYONE SCARED OF SLENDERMAN?! *hugs Slenderman* Don't worry Slendy, they're just being mean... don't listen to them... I know you only want to make friends... Literally, when I play Slender I try to find him. He's so misunderstood! *resists temptation to bombard innocent forum users with adorable pictures of Slenderman*

Anyway, I totally agree with you on the Lavender Town thing *shudder* Oh man, don't remind me... I can actually play the music from Lavender Town on piano. I haven't played any scary games and don't intend to, but the dwarven ruins - and the mechanical monsters and (oh gods) Falmers that live in them - on Skyrim are bloody terrifying.

Edited by dracopenguin

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Why? The water level. Also the monsters that emit the low foghorn sound from out of the darkness. Eugh.

Minecraft

I'm not afraid of zombies, but the zombie noises in Minecraft still scare the living daylights out of me, especially when I can't see where they are. Also, much of Minecraft may involve fumbling around in the dark, which makes it twice as terrifying when a spider drops from nowhere and bites you in the face.

Batman: Arkham Asylum

To this day this is my favorite story-driven game, but the Scarecrow sequences literally had me shaking. It remains the only game in which I have completed absolutely everything.

Name of game: SLENDERMAN laugh.gif

what level/part made you scared (don't need to be dead on what the level was): All of it. The drums, the music, the crappy flashlight. Especially when playing with the lights off.

and did you continue playing or did you stop?: I stopped because it was mostly fun with friends in the dark and we eventually moved on, but it was a fun time.

My cousin scared the hell out of me by playing this game and I could have started hating him. I literally screamed and curled up in a ball. HE WAS PLAYING IT WITH THE LIGHTS OFF. ohmy.gif