Gimlisk

The scariest game you ever played!

The fights in Heavy Rain made me have a couple of heart attacks, thank goodness I never got killed.

The twilight rats in the sewer level in the beginning of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess really freaked me out. I nearly screamed several times when they jumped out at me. The game itself is hardly scary, but the atmosphere of that one level terrified me. I was also like ten at the time so that didn't help.

Amnesia

I was scared throughout the entire game. xd.png The ambience of the game, and the inability to defend myself definitely added to the fear factor haha.

I did continue playing and beat it, and then played it once more for fun and to explore a little more of what I may of mindlessly ran by in my panic to flee the sounds and pursuers.

^As a result of playing this game, though, every other game I've played afterwards has felt a lot more frightening than they normally would have been prior to Amnesia.

I think the only game I haven't been able to complete (let alone play) from start to finish was Dead Space 2. That intro, man. Starting out in that straight suit and having to book it right off the bat? Hell naw, couldn't do it. I stopped playing the instant it told me to run.

Afraid of Monsters, an ancient Half-Life mod, made by the same creator, who made Cry of Fear (which is a Half-Life mod too).

I really freaked out at some points, and the constant darkness wasn't helping ._.

I'm probably going to be the cowardly looking person here but oh well. unu

I'm terrified of the ghosts in Sonic Adventure 2 to the point that I'll probably never beat Hero Story because of Pumpkin hill.

Bloodfire101, that was literally what I was just going to say. XD I've always avoided any actual horror games, but as a child Aquatic Mine from Sonic Adventure 2 absolutely terrified me and I refused to play it for a long time. Even as a teenager it still gives me the creeps. o_e

When I was little, I used to be really scared of those orange spider things in Big Boo's Haunt (Super Mario 64). Nothing else in that game scared me in the slightest...but for some reason, I could not get past those spiders. I would have to hand the controller to my dad. -.-

That fear didn't last too long, though. I got over it pretty quick.

I haven't really played any scary games. Slender didn't phase me. I do have Amnesia and Penumbra sitting in my Steam library waiting to be played. I also want to get my hands on the Dead Space series. Need a new computer, first. :c

Currently, the only things that still manages to make me jump occasionally are the skeletons in Minecraft. Not so much anymore, though, since their bow-firing sound was changed. I used to jump almost every single time I turn a corner in a dark cave and hear that loud "TWAK" sound.

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

Imscared or I See You.

No, seriously, the game was unnerving to begin with, but when it started taking control I seriously thought I had invited a virus. Even Amnesia or SCP-087-B never scared me as much as that game did.

Put me down for Bioshock. I'm not much of a scary game player, and I'm even less of a FPS player. But the fact that there were people that could jump me from behind and I couldn't see them was rather unnerving to me. Maybe because I hate it when people stand behind me in real life? Well, either way, the whole feel of the game gave me the heebie jeebies. Especially the Big Daddies. Not scared? Turn off the lights, close your eyes, and pretend you are in a dark, dank, room with a monster making

sound while running after you.

When I was young, the Waterwraith of Pikmin 2 used to scare the life out of me.

I'm not really phased by scary games or the such, but OFF is slightly... disturbing, to put it in the least. Espically the ending of it. You think the Batter is truly trying to purify the world (get rid of the spectres/ghosts) but then it turns out (spoiler>)that he was trying to destroy the world and everything in it.

Name of game: Silent Hill 4: The Room

what level/part made you scared : The Room of Angel

and did you continue playing or did you stop?: Continued playing

Minecraft Mods. I love minecraft and all, but I swear that the whole neighbourhood can hearing me screaming. xd.png

I got pretty freaked out when I got to Lavender Town while playing Pokemon Red....

But the scariest game I've ever played has to be Slender tongue.gif

Name of game: SLENDERMAN laugh.gif

what level/part made you scared (don't need to be dead on what the level was): All of it. The drums, the music, the crappy flashlight. Especially when playing with the lights off.

and did you continue playing or did you stop?: I stopped because it was mostly fun with friends in the dark and we eventually moved on, but it was a fun time.

Edited by Dauntingale

Slenderman is by far the most scariest game I have ever played. Also The Corridor is a scary game.

LSD. It has to be the strangest game I have ever played. You start out in some sort of house and go through various dreams. Touching anything will send you somewhere. It starts normal enough, but it will go weird as you play. You will see various things like a face on legs, UFOs, or many other strange and terrifying things. Even the game textures will change. It eventually goes straight to nightmare fuel.

You're probably going to laugh, or call me a wuss.

I don't care. Fear plays on the unknown, the unexpected.

In Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, Gates to Infinity, after you complete the scorching desert. Kyurem, drops in out of nowhere, freezes a Pokémon solid, and smashes him to pieces. That's right, Kyurem just MURDERED another Pokémon. He then proceeds to brutally stomp the player character, IE YOU into the sand.

Over, and over, and over. While your partner is begging him to stop. But Kyurem keeps going.

That's right, A Pokémon is killed, and the protagonist is beaten within an inch of his life.

How the censorkip.gif was this game rated E?

I live for scary games so I've played a lot and some have nice jump scares but the scariest game I've ever played has to be when I was about 9 or 10 and played Silent Hill 1 for the first time, could only play that game for about half an hour before I got a stomach ache.

Otherwise I laugh every time I get scared so no games have ever been really scary for me but for all those people saying Slender is scary, try playing Slender Tubbies tongue.gif

Name of game: Amnesia: The Dark Descent

what level/part made you scared (don't need to be dead on what the level was): THE FREAKING WATER LEVEL ARE YOU GUYS SERIOUS NO ONE MENTIONED THAT PART!?

Did you continue playing or did you stop?: I kept playing. I've had to restart a few times due to moving to a new computer and having my saves wiped. It sucks because I was halfway through and now I have to relive the horror.

Justine was also pretty good, it's a mini game you can launch from Amnesia's opening menu.

The Penumbra series was also very good, I highly recommend these games if you love scaring yourself and screaming.