Gimlisk

The scariest game you ever played!

Hello!

New to the forums and when I saw this had a game section, I had to make a post about the most SCARIEST game you've ever played! From childhood up from now.

So here how you tell your story:

Name of game:

what level/part made you scared (don't need to be dead on what the level was):

and did you continue playing or did you stop?:

I'll start smile.gif

Dead Space 1 & 2

All of the levels made me jump and drop my controller many times because of the necromorph's coming out of vents and getting grab from behind, bursting out of areas that made my heart rush! I even paused the game once because a big necromorph came out of no-were and grabbed me and started smashing me everywhere!

Did I continue playing? After about half way through the game, couldn't take the shakes anymore. xd.png

Regards

Gimlisk

Fragile Dreams...I thought this game would help with my fear of ghosts...it didn't do a thing to help, but it made me more scared than ever

I haven't played many scary games, though for whatever reason Morrowind scared me a lot when I first started playing. I remember going into a tomb and finding a ghost. That wasn't scary in and of itself, but I soon found that my weapons couldn't harm it and I booked it out of there.

There was another time in the same save, when I was ridiculously underleveled and had a pathetic weapon, I was in the eastern islands when I ran into these two hostile Ashlanders. The problem was, I had saved RIGHT before encountering them, and they detected and killed me many times. Well, one time I managed to finally escape them without getting killed and I jump off a ledge only to find it was the entrance to a tomb guarded by a skeleton. Even at that level, I probably could have beaten it, but I was so startled by it that I just ran for it.

Phantasmagoria it's, hands down, the scariest and most violent game I have played

And it's a PC game from 1995

Dino Crisis on the PSX. I actually exclaimed when a velociraptor jumped me through a window, I wasn't expecting it. That's the last time I went through that game walking around with a bleeding wound.

Half-Life 2's Ravenholm chapter was pretty harrowing for me.

I didn't stop playing or anything, but I did get chills.

This will sound strange, but... The scariest game I ever played is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I am not a big fan of scary games.

Alright, the scariest game? Does A Crow in Hell count? If so, all levels. I'm scared because the crow is so fragile and well, easy to die. And no, I stop playing. It just gives me a heart attack

Dino Crisis on the PSX. I actually exclaimed when a velociraptor jumped me through a window, I wasn't expecting it. That's the last time I went through that game walking around with a bleeding wound.

Ah yes! Dino Crisis! I stopped playing after having to go through a door that I know something big was ganna pop out. That game gave me the creeps so much.. But it was funny that Jill was in it.. blink.gif

It's kind of silly but when Andross hacks into Fox's intercom in Starfox 64 and starts talking and saying stuff like "It's foolish to come against me. You know I control the Galaxy." mixed with the lack of a soundtrack during that point and the endless random tunnels... it freaked me out. It still kind of does.

Edited by MysticTiger

Okay, this game isn't really scary and probably not even the scariest I've played, but it stuck in my mind: 7 Days A Sceptic. xd.png

It's the sequel to 5 Days A Stranger, completely handmade by one guy (more or less) and there is that one part where the creepy killer-ghost-zombie... thing or whatever starts appearing completely at random, you can't predict it, you can't fight it, and if you see it you have about half a second to click on a door to escape or else you're dead. tongue.gif

I would say every slender game ever, but because i cant even bring myself to even try, ive never played any of them. the scariest game that ive actually played would have to be... skyrim. not all of it, just the draugrs and the things that start with an f that are underground snow elves. and that terrifying moment when you hear a roar of a really powerful dragon when you're completely unprepared, so you have to run for your life to the nearest town.

did i keep playing? OF COURSE I DID!!

My most scariest games were Legend of Zelda; The Ocarina of Time or Legend of Zelda; Majora's Mask

Scariest parts: For Ocarina of time, there is a level where hands were sticking out of the floor and when you go near them, they grab your head and this freaky monster attacks you

For Majora's Mask, Happy Mask Salesman (I thought he was going to kill me at some points of the game, and I didn't even fight him)

I continued playing both (Great Storyline for both of them)

Slender... Wasn't scary when first started playing it but then... I was playing it haven't seen him yet, decided god too scary!

All I can think of right now is Fahrenheit. (also know as Indigo Prophecy, I think). Most of the game's not too bad but there's just one scene that freaked me out so bad.

The main character is in an asylum and gradually just breaks down and goes insane.

Dragon's Dogma. It's not a terribly scary game as such, but the game's habit of randomly generating monsters that weren't there a moment before leads to a lot of jump scares.

Bioshock. Now that game really isn't THAT scary but playing it alone in the dark will add to the effect. It has such a good atmosphere and such a good system that it petrified me.

Obscure was the scariest game I've ever played.

It's about students disappearing in a school and other students searching for them.

The scariest part was... well, there isn't any part of the game that is not scary. (Except for those where you are not in the building where there is light and stuff.) It just starts with someone from the school basketball team (I guess) whose backpack suddenly disappears. For some reason (that I actually don't know) he enters another building where it is dark and where you pass around 1957913751531 rooms (in my opinion) but nothing happens. Then you reach the last room where you meet another guy who is sitting in some corner being traumatized. You tell him that you get him out of here but when you want to leave this room and open the door you're being attacked by some creepy monsters.

(And that's how it goes on.)

I have to admit that I neither played this game until the end nor until the middle... ._.

Fear 3, especially in the dark. Playing on a flatscreen tv. Call me a punk if you must.

Ok, mind you I was about 3 years younger when I played this.

Fear 2.

I was roaming through this bathroom, and all the stallers were closed/cant open them. So I was just enjoying the flickering light and scary noises. Until this bathroom stall door near the end opens up... and a can comes rolling out.

At this point, this is where the game is telling me to go.

I had to set my controller down and listen to some music to get me pumped up. Even opened the shades. Eventaully I ran in and got jumped by some ghost/dead body monster xd.png

Moral of the story: Who brings cans into bathrooms?

Name of game: Amnesia

what level/part made you scared (don't need to be dead on what the level was): I'm not sure if you could call them levels...

and did you continue playing or did you stop?: I had to stop because of the flying dead things 0.0

I usually tend to stay away from scary games, although I love watching PewDiePie on youtube play the Amnesia games... it's so fun to watch him freak out xd.png

Bioshock. Now that game really isn't THAT scary but playing it alone in the dark will add to the effect. It has such a good atmosphere and such a good system that it petrified me.

this, too; the atmosphere was just unnerving, and the fact that splicers sound all AROUND you and not in a particular direction. It did scare me a few times