Dubious

Bad Shimmer Breeding

My Silas Vincent descendant grew up and promptly gave me a Shimmery egg! Way to go!!

A silver came off cool-down and gave a shimmer (I had used fertility on this one )

So far my "Prowl's Glitch" lineage and it's offspring had ... 19 shimmers, 3 fails

*mutters* that's not bad.

"Hunting The Moon" Bronze 3rd gen from Huntress => 1 Shimmer, 2 fails

"This Dragon Shimmers Like Gold" 7th gen from Diamond => 2 shimmers

"Little Satan" Bronze 2nd gen from Satan => 5 Shimmers

"Simonis Aurum" Gold 3rd gen From Simoniac => 1 shimmer, one fail.

Gold Shimmer

Dr Ro - breeding: 1 Shimmer. 1 Attempt.

Silver Shimmers

Shadow - breeding: 1 shimmer. 2 attempts.

Dot - breeding: 1 shimmer. 1 attempt.

Bronze Shimmers

Artie - breeding stats - 4 Shimmers. 7 attempts.

Artie the 2nd - breeding stats - 2 Shimmers. 4 Atempts

(i haven't used fertility on any of my Shimmers)

Edited by Red2111

i use my bronze shimmer and gold made a shimmer but i had to many egg it was sent to the ap!

Edited by toniblab

A bronze grew up and accepted its mate but didn't give an egg. Another bronze came off cool-down and it also didn't give an egg.

Breed my first Silver Shim earlier.

Good news, he accepted his mate.

Bad news, got no eggs at all. Bah.

I only have 4 shimmers. One is a low gen, so he, of course, isn't breeding. The long gens are doing sort of well. It's still kind of disappointing though. I wanted to gift the eggs but the dragons aren't being very accommodating.

My new gold and silver shimmer both refused their mates. ;u; A bronze grew up this morning and it produced a fail, i can breed my 3gen later today, wish me luck!

Prowl's (Not ProwI)

One misbred shimmer

fail

fail

fail

fail

.-. I hate this dragon. I finally find it a mate and it won't give me a single shimmer now. I can't believe I misbred it the first time.

My other dragons are giving me fails too. I sense a drought coming soon DX

Bred a Bronze Shimmer. xd.png Now that I found Psycho a mate that he likes, it seems like I get a Shimmer about half of the time... which is better than I expected.

EDIT: He's still my only one though, so I don't know how my statistics would change if I had more Shimmers to test.

Edited by Dimar

My Silver 5gen from Layla produced ANOTHER Shimmer! That's five Shimmers out of five tries!

WHAT drought?

ETA: I've never used Fertility either.

Edited by oddsoxdi

another success for me without fertiltiy. alright this is the trick i've been using.

http://www.random.org/

thats a link to a random number generator. the past 5 breedings i've done, i've used that generator to pick the mate and i've gotten 5 shimmers out of it.

i just bred Shadow with a Lurker today. i have 5 Lurkers. so i entered in a min of 1 and a max of 5. random.org picked #5, so i bred him to the 5th Lurker on my breeding list.

Gold Shimmer

Dr Ro - breeding: 1 Shimmer. 1 Attempt.

Silver Shimmers

Shadow - breeding: 2 shimmers. 3 attempts.

Dot - breeding: 1 shimmer. 1 attempt.

Bronze Shimmers

Artie - breeding stats - 4 Shimmers. 7 attempts.

Artie the 2nd - breeding stats - 2 Shimmers. 4 Atempts

Edited by Red2111

Just bred two silver shimmers in a row after using Fertility a few minutes before.

A silver grew up and gave a silver shimmer. I didn't use fertility on this one.

Misgendered Bronze-no interest-0/1

Layla-Darling-1 fail, 1 Shimmer, breeds again Sunday-1/2

Dire Ribbons(slightly messy)-refused-0/1

Samwise-1 refusal-Shimmer baby today-4/5

After the first refusal, Samwise has been a *very* good breeder, and I'm quite proud of him!

Newest shimmer, first breeding was a no interest.

At least it wasn't a refusal. tongue.gif

Kinda hard to gift these things when they won't breed eggs.

I'm probably going to jinx it now, but so far, all of my Shimmer breeding attempts have been successful (only one fail out of 4 attempts). blink.gif

Then again, I'm using Fertility religiously every time I breed a metallic from now on. X3

Yesterday I attempted to breed my bronze x wrapping wing/lumina for the first time... and it refused my only wrapping wing T_T

My other bronze breeding went fine yesterday though; another shimmer happily on another scroll.

I would like to propose an experiment, given that random posts are not giving us a definate overall idea. I would like to do it basically the same way statistics are made up and that is by taking a small average group, tracking over time and making up a graph of the results.

So, if folks are willing to participate....

What I need is 10 people that have ALL three colours of shimmers.

user posted image Pick ONE of each colour. One Gold, one Silver and one Bronze shimmer.

user posted image Copy/Paste the code below and fill in the form...

[IMG=http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n99/Shezrie/goblet_gold_zpscc508e39.png] Gold Shimmer: [Name], [day of week it breeds][Link to lineage]

[IMG=http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n99/Shezrie/goblet_silver_zps7f401071.png] Silver Shimmer: [Name], [Day of week it breeds][Link to lineage]

[IMG=http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n99/Shezrie/goblet_bronze_zpsc2612ad8.png] Bronze Shimmer: [Name], [Day of week it breeds][Link to lineage]

Once I have ten of each colour and folks willing to post the breeding results every week for each of their shimmers, I can make up some statistics that will tell us:

user posted image Whether one colour is breeding better then another.

user posted image Whether breeding is getting worse or better.

user posted image What on average the current breeding is like.

I will list all the shimmers in the first post and on a weeky basis post the results in graph form.

I will start:

user posted image Gold Shimmer: Shimmerin, Thursday, Lineage

user posted image Silver Shimmer: Edgar Vincent, Friday, Lineage

user posted image Bronze Shimmer: Rujip, Friday, Lineage

I have used all partnered with commons lineage, I think that it doesn't really matter if it is paired with rare or common. We are tracking the shimmer eggs bred, not shimmerfails. So each week you would give your results as basically...shimmer egg or no shimmer egg. Once I have ten of each colour I will pick a day where they all will breed within the next week to start our experiment.

In addition it would still be good to hear from folks not included in the experiment, about how your shimmers are breeding.

Edited by Dubious

I wouldn't mind joining; I'm breeding my Shimmers every week in order to gift as many as possible. biggrin.gif

user posted image Gold Shimmer: Says Simon, Sunday, Lineage

user posted image Silver Shimmer: Echoes Everywhere, Sunday, Lineage

user posted image Bronze Shimmer: Mistaken Global Bronze Leviosa, Sunday, Lineage

My dragons usually breed on Sunday, but I'm very flexible with breeding. :3 Interested to see how this experiment turns out.