Dubious

Bad Shimmer Breeding

Two of my Shimmers refused to give me Shimmers for five consecutive weeks dry.gif

The dragons refuse to even go near each other. My new Shimmer and Shadow Walker. :|

Edit: A bronze shimmer with shadow walker successfully bred tonight.

Edited by kiyoura

My Shimmer bred true twice in a row (not counting the refusal he had with his first mate); so far so good :3

censorkip.gif

Two shimmers

ANOTHER fail and a refusal

brings me up to only 4 shimmer eggs from 13 tries

*sigh* Another fail. Wonder if we're headed toward a drought - the ratios should be caught up by now, right?

My silver shimmer just grew up and bred me a shimmer baby instantly, without fertility. o:

Ha, this thread is perfect for me. Let's see, when I bred my Shimmers the first few times it was perfect, not refusals, no fails, no no interest, and now I'm getting all three... a lot. What makes me mad the most is how my only Golds are doing. I really, really want more, as I have a crap ton of Silvers and Bronzes, but my Golds barely ever wanna breed right. uggg.

Well, my bronze finally consented to give me an egg. 1/3

My silver has given me my third shimmerfail. 0/3

That's 1/6 total. Pitiful.

As far as I'm concerned, there's a 100% chance of breeding a shimmer. *looks around shiftily* Out of all one times I've bred mine.

That'll probably drop as soon as my other shimmer's intended mate grows up.

yesterday i bred three shimmers and got two eggs out of them (no fertility boost) and this morning i bred another without fertility boost

mine are having babies lol

Bred two bronze shimmers today and both gave shimmers.

Mine have been bad lately.

This week, I got 2 shimmerfails, one no interest and one success.

One of my shimmers has never bred true and I've had him for a little over 3 weeks. I'll be changing his mate next time round (fingers crossed).

All 3 of my Shimmers failed me this week - 2 no interest and 1 Shimmer-kin :/

My poor waiting list occupants!

Does anybody realize or agree that gold shimmers are breeding worse then the other colors?

Does anybody realize or agree that gold shimmers are breeding worse then the other colors?

I have to agree. Overall it seems that the gold shimmers just breed less well.

My experiment on whether using fertility early actually increases the chance of a true breed is underway.

I used fertility on 2 shimmers, 2 days before they were supposed to breed. Both have not bred in 3 weeks but have had fertility used on them everytime, right before they were bred.

Both gave shimmer eggs this week.

However, whether that was just because they would have bred shimmers anyway this week after a dry spell or whether it was the early fertility, remains to be seen. I will continue with more shimmers, using fertility 2 days early and see if the overall average number of shimmer eggs produced increases over a the next month, in comparison to last month.

Edited by Dubious

Yes this week breeding was better, I agree also.

But why 2 days before using fertility? I really think that this week breeding is better, I have a gold one tried to breed 4 times in raw and today I got the first egg. An other gold did give me a fail (at least)

So I'm wondering...with the expected new release this weekend, would the Shimmer ratios go up to compensate for the new eggs? I sure hope so, I'm having the WORST luck with my 3rd gen Bronze. *pokes him* Darn dragon dry.gif

I feel bad reading about people's shimmers not being cooperative. sad.gif I've got 5 at the moment, but only 2 adults so far. Only 1 has been bred b/c I don't have a mate for the other adult (though not for lack of trying dry.gifmad.gif ).

The one adult that I have bred has bred shimmers both times she's been asked. She's a Silver Shimmer x GW. happy.gifhappy.gif I'm hoping that once the rest grow up and all have found good mates that they'll all produce like this one has!

ETA: I've successfully bred 2 Bronze Shimmers yesterday, and I've had 1 shimmerkin from a Silver Shimmer, but the mate used was not the intended mate (which will be a cb silver male who should grow up some time today).

Edited by miss1nformation

xd.png I was just telling someone yesterday that I am staying away from this thread because my shimmers have been breeding like rabbits on steroids.

Well, I probably jinxed it right there and then. I just *attempted* to breed 7 shimmers - nada, NOT even a fail. How's that for bad breeding shimmer. Oh well....

Still no egg. My gold shimmer doesn't want to breed with her mate. Even with fertility, used every time before breeding (an hour before, 5 hours before and 1 day before breeding). Soooo sad sad.gif

My gold shimmers have actually bred pretty well. It's my silvers that are going on strike. I tried to breed two silver shimmers today and got no interest from both, but I managed to get a bronze.

One of my silver shimmers just came off cooldown. Kind of scared to breed it now. xd.png Gonna plop on a Fertility and try waiting a day or so...

Just bred one of my bronzes, no interest. >.< Second time since it grew up now.

I can breed my 3rd gen tomorrow, wish me luck! :B

Edited by suskekun222