Dubious

Bad Shimmer Breeding

I'll help smile.gif

user posted image Gold Shimmer: IV Lakeram Veda S, Thursday, Lineage

user posted image Silver Shimmer: III ViviZ Veda S, Friday, Lineage

user posted image Bronze Shimmer: II Fawkes Leviosa Veda, Monday (will soon be Tuesday because it's become too late at night), Lineage

Brilliant! smile.gif We have three of each colour so far. I have updated the first page with them.

You don't need to move your breeding dates at all, I will just run each week from Monday to the end of Sunday. As you post your results I will simply add a tick or a cross beside your shimmer. Very simple and very little work.

The starting week is Monday 13th May to end of Sunday 19th of May.

I will make a graph at the end of Sunday 19th on a Goodle Spreadsheet and link to it from here so we can all see the results.

As you post your results I will simply add a tick or a cross beside your shimmer. Very simple and very little work.

Dubious, I would find it even more interesting if you added a tick for successful shimmer breeding (shimmer egg), a line for a shimmerkin (other parent's breed) and a cross for unsuccessful breeding (no egg).

Otherwise it doesn't show all the outcomes.

I think it's great to work on statistics, I'm looking forward to see the results! Too bad I can't participate, I don't have a gold shimmer. sad.gif Good luck!

Dubious, I would find it even more interesting if you added a tick for successful shimmer breeding (shimmer egg), a line for a shimmerkin (other parent's breed) and a cross for unsuccessful breeding (no egg).

I think it's great to work on statistics, I'm looking forward to see the results! Too bad I can't participate, I don't have a gold shimmer. sad.gif Good luck!

As Dubious originally said, we're tracking the Shimmer eggs bred - not necessarily all the outcomes.

Although I do think that a Shimmer-kin would be better than no egg at all (like a scale of 1-3, 1 being no egg, 2 being Shimmer-kin and 3 being Shimmer). It would also help with "Whether breeding is getting worse or better" or "What on average the current breeding is like".

Are we allowed to use Fertility for this? Straight after breeding my metallics, I always use Fertility (in preparation for the next breeding in case I forget). I've done this with my Shimmers already. [i can stop using Fertility for a while, but it still means this week's breeding will have Fertility.]

Already ahead of you there. smile.gif I found free to use tick and cross images and have added them to the front page. If you all would like an icon for a shimmer fail too then I could do that.

Hmmm you bring up a good point about fertility, cfmtfm. Ideally everyone would be using fertility, whether that is possible though....There is no doubt that fertility will affect the outcome. I think we will all need to use it, I will add it to the sign up form.

Edit: Added an icon for Shimmerfails, however to keep things simple and easy the graph will just show the number of shimmer eggs bred.

Edited by Dubious

I'll make sure to reserve fertilizes for these three, then. Or perhaps we should note whether we did or did not use Fertility? Because I sometimes run out of them when I totally don't expect to xd.png

Last two gave shimmerfail/kins. My second gen silver shimmer has either given fails or no egg for 5 weeks now.

edit: Silver shimmer came off cool-down and gave a shimmer. No fertility used but the mate is a shadow walker so it was either a shimmer or nothing. smile.gif

Edited by rubyshoes

I'll help.

user posted image Gold Shimmer: Sugoroku Waves, Wednesday, http://dragcave.net/lineage/cyZpB

user posted image Silver Shimmer: Pirate Queen of Connacht, Saturday, http://dragcave.net/lineage/HUAm4

user posted image Bronze Shimmer: Do Ya' Feel Lucky, Wednesday, http://dragcave.net/lineage/LNc5B

And for the record, today has been a bad shimmer day for me. I bred two silvers and two golds and ended up with two fails (one from a silver breeding and the other from a gold breeding) for my efforts. dry.gif

...and no interest from a bronze. *sigh*

Edited by Sir Barton

My latest bronze grew up a couple of days ago, yesterday I tried breeding him and got a fail.

So my stats so far:

Bronze

Jukihoquea Kirameki = (3 breedings) 2 shims, 1 fail

Sibofiqua Kirameki = (1 breeding) 1 shim

Bilbo's Buttons = (1 breeding) 1 fail

Vigadivo Kirameki = (1 breeding) 1 fail

Silver

Kiqubo Kirameki = (1 breeding) 1 no eggs

I bred a silver Shimmer last week and it gave an egg of the other parent's breed (White, so common.)

Edited by Coins In A Jar

I got my first "no egg produced" message today, but considering I got five eggs from the past five breedings, I still feel lucky.

Fifth week in a row that Luckiest Catch has failed to produce a shiny. I could curl up in a ball and cry, honestly. sad.gif

(Also, I hate Nebulae. HATEHATEHATEHATE them. Argh.)

Edited by Amazon_warrior

My latest bronze grew up a couple of days ago, yesterday I tried breeding him and got a fail.

So my stats so far:

Bronze

Jukihoquea Kirameki = (4 breedings) 2 shims, 2 fail

Sibofiqua Kirameki = (2 breedings) 1 shim, 1 no interest

Bilbo's Buttons = (2 breeding) 1 fail, 1 shim

Vigadivo Kirameki = (1 breeding) 1 fail

Silver

Kiqubo Kirameki = (1 breeding) 1 no eggs

Update: Three more came off cool down, not good results.

So Layla-Darling threw another fail, which puts him at 1/3. dry.gif

Gold shimmer grew up and bred a shimmer

My results so far ...

(Refuse - No Egg - Fail - Shimmer)

Happy lo Caar (1 - 0 - 0 - 2)

Vincent lo Caar (0 - 0 - 2 - 2)

Felix lo Caar (0 - 0 - 2 - 1)

Caarluin Baggins(0 - 0 - 1 - 1)

Hunter li Caar (1 - 0 - 0 - 0)

Merry lo Caar (0 - 0 - 1 - 0)

Ssanti lo Caar (0 - 0 - 0 - 1)

That's a total of 7 shimmers in 15 breedings.

Still looking for 6 more people willing to participate in our shimmer breeding experiment. All the info is in the OP.

Edited by Dubious

Still looking for 6 more people willing to participate in our shimmer breeding experiment. All the info is in the OP.

Send you a pm regarding the experiment

And here is the form

user posted image Gold Shimmer: Simon der Perlige, Monday lineage

user posted image Silver Shimmer: Perlen Soshia, Monday lineage

user posted image Bronze Shimmer: Seaglory of Christmas, Monday lineage

Is there a problem, if they do not breed on the same day every week? as long as they breed every week?

Edited by ulki

Is there a problem, if they do not breed on the same day every week? as long as they breed every week?

Added yours in, thank you!

When they breed doesn't matter, as long as they breed sometime during the week. So you can breed yours on any day. I just asked for the day as a basic reference, you don't have to breed it on that day exactly.

If needed, I have another 'set' of shimmers I could track here for the experiment.

If you are able to do that it would give us our 6th set. Are you okay with fertilities for another set?

On a general note: It starts from today so I imagine results will start coming in for any that breed today. If you could please post results as a quick....

Name of shimmer, no egg or shimmer egg or shimmerfail.

Very quick, simple and easy for you and I can just update the first post from it.

Edited by Dubious

I'll join smile.gif

user posted image Gold Shimmer: Happy lo Caar, Tuesday, lineage

user posted image Silver Shimmer: Vincent lo Caar, Thursday, lineage

user posted image Bronze Shimmer: Hunter li Caar, Monday, lineage

The bronze refused it's last mate, hope she doesn't do so today.

Edited by Eldrene

Going to copy Eldrene's idea because it's cute...and I'll join!

user posted image Gold Shimmer: [The Head of Arrows], [Friday][lineage]

user posted image Silver Shimmer: [shimmering Sinned], [Thursday][lineage]

user posted image Bronze Shimmer: [42 Mysfytts on a Kiite], [Monday][lineage]

Gold has only produced one gols so far with a '09 Vale. Didn't produce an egg his second breeding...and so has only breed bronze shimmers with this Bronze Shimmerscale mate. Not only that, but because The Head of Arrows and his mate The Butt of Arrows ar BOTH 5th gen arrowheads...very few know how to continue the lineages they make.

Edited by Kiite Morau