Lythe

Hybrids

"Please don't hurt me," Him, hurt her? The thought made Efray smile slightly in amusement, but the grin disappeared quickly. He never even liked killing spiders as a child, how someone was asking him not to hurt them. Though, when he lost control, he knew he wasn't the kind of person he'd like to be.

When she moved off, he followed, feeling the bottom of his robes fluttering around his feet, revealing his simple black boots for a flicker of a second. He walked, not particuarly in the mood for running. She disappeared after a few moments and he had to use his nose to help find her, along with his ears. He found the small space and looked at her cooly. Did she expect him to fit back there? He knew he wouldn't. He wasn't huge, but he wasn't exactly a runt either.

((Done, sorry that took so long.))

Edited by davinhadaway2

Shaking slightly, Zeditha stepped out from her hiding spot and looked around. She couldn't see anyone but Efray. "I think it's safe here," she said, keeping her voice low. Then she opened her wings. "My name is Zeditha," she said. "What's yours?"

((Sorry if it's short... limited time))

((Same case as before, still on vacation.))

Blinking slightly, Efray looked Zeditha up and down. What was she? His first thought was some type of fairy, but he knew that wasn't possible. Fairies didn't exist. At least as far as he knew of they didn't. He existed, whose top say such things he'd learned as childhood fairy tales weren't of the same case? He noted she was shaking. Why was she scared? Efray didn't believe he was that menacing a person, but maybe she was even more worried of humans and than he was.

When she introduced herself, he listened without comment. It was a few moments before he realized that she'd asked him a question, and opened his mouth to answer. "I was born to the name Efray." He replied, his voice soft yet wary.

Edited by davinhadaway2

Zeditha tried hard to stop trembling, but the events from earlier overwhelmed her. She sank to the ground, wings curling round her like a protective blanket. "Hawk," she said, responding to the question he hadn't asked. "You?" Her voice trembled slightly, but was otherswise calm.

Edited by Zeditha

When she moved,Efray backed up slightly, fearing an attack, but when all she did was shot down he relaxed. He noted she was still running and tried to move his posture to a more friendly liking pose; hopefully he didn't look like he had indigestion.

"Hawk," she started, and for a moment he was extremely confused. What about them? He almost checked above him, just in case the bird of prey was asking or something similar, but stopped when she finished the sentence. "You?"

Frowning slightly, Efray paused once more. Was this girl trustworthy enough to tell something like that? He'd only just met her, but at the same time, she was a Hybrid like him. An outcast to society, like he was. Finally, after along drawn out silence, he allowed one word to escape into the air. "Panther," he replied uneasily.

Edited by davinhadaway2

Zeditha nodded. She flapped her wings, and rose unsteadily into the air. After hovering for a few seconds, she dropped back. "When I was normal, I tried to help the people my parents traded," she said. Her voice was full of disgust, emphasised on the word parents. "They hurt me, so I ran away... A hawk found me... I went back - a mistake. They captured me, just like the rest." Her tone was dismissive, but hurt. "There's an auction in this tent." she put a hand on the patterned cover. "I was up last."

Listening silently while she spoke, Efray nodded when she finished speaking. He knew that pain, a parent turning their back on you. He also knew that it was the worst pain he'd ever felt. It was sad to know another had to go through it. Somehow, it made him respect this other Hybrid all the more.

At the speak of an auction, Efray took an unintentional step back, his hands clenching slightly in her robes. The one thing he'd been avoiding most of his life, and he was standing right next to it. The thought made him shudder slightly, and frown a bit, his eyes narrowing. Though she couldn't see the last part. "I'm sorry," he replied, the only other words he could think to say.

Zeditha shrugged. "At least I escaped..." she indicated the stolen pouch. "And I have this. Should be worth something... I don't like stealing, but they nearly stole my freedom." Her voice was firm, but she sat back on the grass. "What should we do now?"

((Bumping. This died slightly, should we bring it back?))