vallay111

♥~єllєภเค~♥ {Always accepting!}

user posted image

Ruby wrapped her tail gently around Snowy.

"These guys only eat plants!" Cier suddenly remembered with a start.

Then he stopped as he heard a rasping sound. The dragon was talking.

"You need help?" the Scythe-tail wheezed. "I can't do much. But there was a group of dragons downhill."

Ruby face-pawed while Cier fell anime-style.

That's not helpful at all... Cier thought.

user posted image

"Did it really happen?" muttered Mas.

"I think it did. And it's your fault for babying that stupid hatchling," snapped Menos.

"You don't have to point that out twice. And the hatchling wasn't stupid! It was adorable!" snapped back Mas. The both of them sighed and looked down on the murder scene. Or so they thought they were looking at the 'murder scene'.

user posted image

Ral looked to the Split uncomfortably.

"I-is he dead? I haven't seen him move at all".

Ral Zarek took a few cautious steps towards the Alternate, then looked back at the Split to see if they were following.

I dont like the looks of this he thought, but he decided to keep going.

user posted image

Mas and Menos looked at each other and back to the Electric dragon. Maybe they should check out. They moved forward towards Stanii a little cautiously after landing on the forest floor. "This has got to be the most stupidest thing we've ever done..." "Why?" "The chances of Stanii turning around and ripping us apart are 99%!" "You don't know that." "You're not always right." "Neither are you."

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted imageuser posted image

Slowly and agonisingly, painfully, an arm was retracted from the cold earth.

Kinzon's eyes were closed and he was as still as stone, unmoving. Stanii was over him, raising the unscathed talons to brush over his face in one quick sweep before resting tiredly above his forehead. Hair once so vibrant green turned greyish in the vanishing light, both metaphorically and literally, fell over her eyes.

It was a careful and cautious movement, Stan pulled him forward slowly towards her, having quite a difficulty because he was massive. The paw soiled with blood and earth held where the strike was to be dealt, the other resting at the back of the Alternate's head. The Alternate was still on his side, but his head was raised, lifted by the Silver-scaled and held in an embrace.

It looked like a guilty, grieving hug from afar, bound with the yoke of regret for killing. Except it was all just relief; a burden the size of a pebble but held the weight of a mountain lifted off her shoulders just like that.

Stanii's forehead was pressed against the Black dragon's cheek, her ragged breathing evident even from quite the distance.

All noises, all voices, all sounds were blocked off. She never noticed the careful steps of the Two-head or Electric approaching, she never heard the wind rustle the leaves. Her ears were thrumming the rhythm of a war drum, four beats to match the own of her heart.

There was a gap in time, an erased century passed and minutes were thrown in its place.

And just for a single moment, not seen unless your mind and eyes had the speed to process the movements:

Kinzon inhaled.

Edited by Paarthurnax

user posted image

"Wha' are you?" Snowball asked the dragon, peeking out from the folds of Ruby's tail in a frightened manner. "Wha' are you doing here?"

user posted image

"That's actually rather rude, because I live here." the Scythe-tail sighed.

Ruby turned around. "I don't think that she is being rude, YOU are." she hissed. The Scythe-tail narrowed its eyes and then went farther back into the cave.

Cier raised an eyebrow, then rolled his eyes again. "Yeah, I think it doesn't exactly like us in its house." he muttered.

user posted image

"He's no' very nice," Snowball replied, pouting slightly. She had tried to be friendly, but failed. This wasn't her best day. Then again, it was in a way, since it Was the first. So it was the best day and the worst. At the same time. Man, all this thinking was confusing! All the activity of the day was catching up to her, and she yawned again.

user posted image

"Well, we should get out of here before it gets madder." Cier grumbled. Ruby nodded in agreement.

"There's a really nice cave that the rest of the good dragons live at." Ruby said. "It's got clear water and protection from the freezing cold of the nights."

user posted image

Snowball nodded. "Da's a good idea. Le's go!" she tumbled to the mouth of the cave. When the others did not follow immediately, she looked back at them. "Are you coming?" She asked with a silly grin on her face.

user posted image

Ruby laughed and followed Snowy, with Cier bringing up the rear. "Now follow me." Ruby said.

"Snowy, could you possibly hop onto Cier's back so he can fly you up?" Ruby suggested.

"The cave is very high up in the air. You probably wouldn't be able to climb very far without getting tired." Cier explained.

user posted image

Snowball nodded, and ambled over to Cier, putting her paws as high as she could reach on his side and trying to climb up. "I can' ge' up" She said sheepishly, struggling.

user posted image

Sampine

Ic;; Sampine, being so close to the two... whatever they were he was supposed to call them because right now he was petrified out of his wits to realize it till now that the Alternate actually took a breath. After a couple of minutes, his dumbfounded mind had the realization that the male actually breathed and a tremor shook Sampine until he was able to control himself and bounded the last few feet to pry Kinzon from the whatever the monster inside the shimmerscale. Once he reached them, his eyes slipped from the faces of the two, to Stanii's razor sharp scales, for he knew that if he touched them, he could easily be cut. With a grunt from another small pain in his back, the male Sweetling gripped Kinzons front fore-leg and began to pull. A gasp escaped him as he realized how heavy the male was especially since Stanii was on-top of him still. Turning his head to catch a glimpse of Mas & Menos, Cor and the Electric he made a motion with his tail to come and help get the female off of the male so that Kinzon might actually be able to breathe and have a chance to survive the vicious attack.

user posted image

"Come on, now. Let go of him. It's over. You're safe." Cor spoke slowly and calmly to Stanii, hoping dearly that she wouldn't be startled into attacking him or Sampine, who had a grip of the alt's leg. When the chocolate sweetling waved to him with his tail, he frowned. Did that mean they still had hope? With a practiced movement, he made his way over and laid his own tail against the black dragon's chest, eyes widening when he felt a faint pulse under the scales and the movement of slow, shuddery breath. Quiet conviction took hold.

They would not lose a dragon now, not when all should have been safe.

Cor gently gripped where the shimmerscale held her friend, trying to dislodge her steely grip without using force that would injure the black dragon instead. His tail coiled tightly around his staff, magic beginning to thrum again in his veins. "Let go," he said again to Stanii as his claws curled gingerly around the black dragon's other arm, magic-borne healing making its way into the injured body.

Edited by Shadowdrake

user posted image

Cier crouched down onto his belly so the Winter could climb up. Ruby, however, was skittering up the tree, clinging to its bark with her claws. Once she reached the 50th branch, she stopped climbing and scouted the area. To the west was a mound of shadows.

The Toukx base... she thought. She turned north, spotting more trees. To the east was where Sampine and the others were. And finally, south of her location was the cave. She twisted a thin twig around the branch, marking the direction where they were to go. Ruby climbed down.

user posted image

"Why is Rosey Climbing da tree?" Snowball asked as she climbed onto Ceir's back. Once she was up, she looked around, then hung her front paws around his neck, reaching as far around as she could, which wasn't very far.

user posted image

"Did you see that?" Menos suddenly asked.

"See what?" Mas frowned.

"I think he's still alive!" Menos muttered.

"What? Hey, whoa, wait!" Menos took control of their body and moved forward. They moved around Stanii, keeping an eye on the bloodied claws. Were they hugging?! Well, whatever, what was important was that they had to move Kinzon out from beneath Stanii. Hmm, Menos quickly realised that they couldn't grab Kinzon's back because of his injury that they had inflicted on him so he grabbed the tail and began to pull.

"What?" Glace took a step forward (being careful not to get too close, considering the effects her aura might have on a severely injured dragon) and stared at Kinzon. She couldn't see the breath he'd taken from her position, but she supposed there was no reason for the others to lie about it. It was a huge relief, but how did it happen? She shuffled from side to side anxiously. "Um...is there something I can do to help?"

user posted image

Ral Zarek reacted the same as the Split. Did he just breath? Ral cautiously walked around Stanii and assisted the Split in removing the Alternate from the dangerous situation he was in.

"Do you think he'll be alright? Do you have a healer in your group?" he asked one of the two heads.

user posted imageuser posted image

Stan's head was bowed, but she complied with the White's gentle request and relinquished her hold on the Alternate.

Her eyes were planted on the uninjured and unscathed neck where her strike was to be dealt, and she looked away and let them drag the Black dragon to a safer location. Though he was still breathing, the midnight-scaled was limp; as still as a corpse.

Kinzon's eyes were open, just barely, but it was evident. He couldn't bring himself to speak or to move, but he could feel. He could feel the Healer's work unfold, a gentle aura of magic dancing past the cloud-coloured dragon's arms and into his own. Time seemed to be pouring into him, as his wounds started to close early.

They didn't heal in an instant; it was more of a slow regeneration. He'd be bitter if he weren't amazed by the nearly-ample magic that the White dragon held. It wasn't the kind of sorcery like his, it was nature's generosity to the breed that they were sent to cure.

Stanii's own weren't tended to, and she didn't ask for help; not yet.

user posted image

Ruby explained to Snowy;

"If I climb the tree, I get to see farther. The cave is that way; south."

Cier nodded. "It's called 'scouting'." He said. "Looking for things that you want to find or stay away from. Ruby said that the cave is south; let's go that way!"

Ruby started climbing the tree again while Cier, surprisingly, started to fly, even though his wings made it look impossible for him. "Hold on tightly! You don't want to fall." He warned.

user posted image

Snowball held on as tightly as her chubby legs would allow her. She raised her head in the small breeze, enjoying flight. "I can't wait till I have wings!" She said with excitement.

user posted image

Cier steered sideways, following Ruby through the trees. For some odd reason, he felt like he was becoming stronger every day, as if he were growing up... But who cared? He was protecting this hatchling, and that was all that mattered. Eventually, the cave came into sight. Cier stared at Ruby, who gave him an "OK" nod. He could go ahead, which he did. He landed at the entrance of the cave, and was shocked to see how beautiful it was.

"This is definitely it." he gasped.

user posted image

Snowy nodded. "This is a pretty cave," She said, then added. "You're very strong to carry me, Ceir." Frankly, she was a little jealous. "How old are you? I hatched today" She yawned once more. After this, she was definitely taking a nap.

user posted image

Cier looked up, thinking.

"Let's see... I think I hatched about three or four years ago." he said, unsure.

Ruby eventually appeared at the entrance of the cave, exhausted.

"You've grown a lot since I last saw you, Cier!" she huffed. "You used to never beat me. I think you might become an adult soon. Look how big you are!"