vallay111

♥~єllєภเค~♥ {Always accepting!}

((OOC: of course; might need to make note of that. and kudos to the first person to get where i referenced this post))

user posted image

Finally tiring out of the chase, the Shimmerscale called out.

Wrapping her tail around the hind-fins of the fish in her teeth and tying it into a knot, she bellowed "To-be-dead Shimmerscale on the run and in need of assistance!"

She halted when the Shakins split and sought shade under the thick mass of trees, leaving the silver-scaled dragon in the sun. Stanii stood in the midst of eight hellhounds, four on each side; perfectly divided into two rows, just standing and anticipating. They stared at eachother for a long moment, waiting for one to make the first move. Just like a nice game of chess; a more complex and life-threatening game of chess.

"Hello, stone-heads." she said, daring to look at each one of them in their soulless red eyes.

"Whoever kills me gets an impeccable blessing!" she lied (sort of), feigning the smirk of a superior. "Ha! Bad news, everyone; 'cause guess who?" her tail waved, the fish she caught earlier still hanging from a knot. "Look at you lot all fumbling," she observed, frowning mockingly at them, "it's all really distracting. Could you all just stay still for a minute because I. Am. TALKING." She roared at them; a real, proper roar that echoed across the woods like an angry animal roaring in an empty stone cave.

The Shakins ceased the unnecessary movement, taking the command like a dog obeys its master. They sat still but still had a menacing spark in their appearance; each and every one of them glared at the Shimmerscale as if they were about to launch themselves at her and tear her scales straight off.

"Now the question of the hour is: who's capable of handing down the perfect defence mechanism when they're killed? Answer: I do." Her jaw tightened. "Next question? Who's going to take it from me?"

The hounds were incapable of attacking, as the sun was still shining bright upon the face on this portion of the planet.

"Come o-on! Look at me? No plan," that was the first truth since she started speaking; she had absolutely no strategy planned, "no backup," Stanii looked around: no dragons in the distance to help save her from a vicious horned wolf-pack that for some reason went as far as be seen in daylight just to attack her; "no weapons worth a damn." The shimmerscale raised her tail, showing them the now-stale kill which reeked of fat river fish.

"Oh, and there's something else I don't have:" she started, gazing at them expectantly.

The dogs lifted their eyes.

"Anything to lose." She growled. "So! If you're standing there with your silly little claws and your silly little teeth, and you've got any plans on murdering me today; just remember who's standing in your way."

Stanii waited, there were probably no dragons coming to help and she was content with these being her last words.

Edited by Paarthurnax

user posted image

Mas and Menos looked at the Silver Shimmerscale. They could hear what she was saying faintly. "Does she want to die or something? Or did she give up hope?" Menos was confused. "If she did, I'm not about to let her die to a lot of mongrels," Mas replied and he snarled. They took off towards the Shimmerscale. They hovered beside her.

"Sorry we didn't come earlier, Mas was hesitant to help," Menos told her.

"What?! That's not true!" Mas took in a deep breath. "Now's not the right time, Menos." "Fine." Menos rolled his eyes.

"Both of us hesitated. We're sorry." Mas focused his attention onto the Shakins. He went onto the ground.

"You want her, you have to go through me first!" he growled.

"And me!" added Menos.

<OOC: Paarthurnax, you're controlling the Shakins, right?>

((OOC: yeah, im controlling these ones until someone else has their own to control))

user posted image

Stanii felt the leaves rustle.

Her ears twitched and so did her tail when the scent of another dragon flew by her nose and the sound of wings moving lightly to hover beside her made way through her hearing.

She heard them apologise for being a tad late, but why would they do that? They actually flew across to save the worthless, manipulating schemer?

The silver Shimmerscale just looked up at them, jaw open and closing as though trying to form the correct phrase. "It's- erm- fine. It's fine. I'm- alright. Thanks for coming." She never really expected anyone to come and 'rescue' her, if 'rescue' was the right word.

'You want her, you have to go through me first!' she heard the first head say, astounded by the act.

'And me!' the second continued and maybe maybe maybe she felt like she was worth more than she thought in the massive expanse of a universe.

Growling, the Shakins barked, but did not move; save one that leapt out of its safety to let the reptiles have a taste of its wrath.

Mere sunlight scorched through its fur and flesh, searing its entire body and dissolving it into a pile of ash; which then, was blown particle by particle in the cool breeze of the woods.

The howl and wail of anguish still echoed somewhere, haunting Stanii for a moment and none more.

Seven Shakins remained, trying to look unbiased by the loss. They all stepped back in unison, before retreating to the shadows where they decided was a better place to stay. It looked like they didn't want to risk any more than this.

Shimmering scales glinted at different angles. The younger female bowed her head gratefully. "Thanks. You didn't really need to do that."

user posted image

"What else was I supposed to do? I won't lose any of my friends to a pack of horrible mongrels!" Mas shrugged.

"Someone has a crush, someone has a crush...," Menos sang in a high-pitched voice.

"Shut up!" Mas growled uncomfortably. Menos looked offended.

"Only kidding." He rolled his eyes. "Can't anybody take a joke around here?"

"That 'joke' wasn't funny." Mas let out a sigh. "Story of my life. Having an annoying person around me all the time," he remarked to the Silver Shimmerscale. Mas ignored Menos when he said that he should get a sense of humour. Mas then realised that he didn't know her name.

"I'm Mas and this is Menos here. What's your name?" he asked.

user posted image

A friend? Who in their right mind would consider The Deception as even an acquaintance?

"Friend, eh? Bit too early to decide that I'm you're friend."

Eyebrows raised, Stanii smirked at the interaction between the two heads on the same body. Not exactly strange, knowing this planet; but it isn't something she got to see everyday. "Used to have one for my self, an annoying one; maybe two or three, or four."

As she nodded at their names, she came to unwind her tail from the fish she had apparently forgotten about since the chase. "Nice to meet you, Mas," she dipped her head at him "Menos." and the same to the other.

"I'm Stanii- or Stans; maybe just Stan." She looked up thoughtfully, tapping her chin with a talon alongside laying the fish upon the forest floor. Picking up one of the fresher kill, she gestured openly to the Two-head. "Eat if you like, or I can catch something else if fish isn't your exact meal."

user posted image

"Well, you're not an enemy, so you're a friend. That's what I believe," Mas smiled. He realised that Menos and he had yet to catch any prey. So she was delighted when Stan offered them a freshly-caught fish.

"Thanks," chorused Mas and Menos at the same time. They then split the fish in half using their sharp claws and both swallowed it whole in one gulp. "That was nice," Mas said. Menos didn't say anything. Instead he burped.

"Gross. You had to do that at me?" Mas held his head as far away as possible from Menos. "Yup. I can do a bigger one if you want," he offered.

"I think I'll pass," Mas said, shaking his head. He then flew up again, facing Stan.

"You must excuse me for his...annoying personality. He does that to me all the time," Mas sighed. He then asked, "So...do you want to meet the other dragons? There's a Sweetling and a red Shimmerscale somewhere over there. I was introducing myself to them when I saw you in trouble," he said, pointing in the direction of the edge of Liana Falls.

"Yeah, I'd love to hang out with ya." Menos winked at Stan. Mas just ran his claws over his face in frustration.

<OOC: Ruby and Sampine are at the edge of Liana Falls, right?>

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((OOC: i think so, but i cant really be sure since their prompts dont really reveal any specific place))

user posted image

"Strange morality, you sound like a character in a fairytale." she observed, flicking the stray, grass-green stands of hair on her tail away.

Despite the comedic duo's humorous takes, the Shimmerscale didn't laugh with enough feeling. It was more of a blue, reminiscing kind of chuckle.

"That's alright. As I've said, I used to have someone like that. A lovely old fellow that did too much arseing around." Stanii muttered the last sentence with a restricted mash-up of anger, sadness, regret and guilt.

She shook her head quickly before she got over her own head. "Yeah, sure. I'd like to meet them." Her expression faltered for a moment at the distance. "Looks like quite a trip to get there safely," and before either of the two heads could retaliate, she said in a rather cross tone "but mind you, you're not going to 'fly' me there just because I don't have any wings."

"Yeah, I'd love to hang out with ya."

Stan's ears laid backward for a good minute and a half, lip raising to reveal unreasonably sharp teeth. Pointed silver scales glistened in the rays of the sun while two magnificently crafted gold-coloured antlers gleamed brilliance.

There was a spark of something hostile in her face, body language and expression in general. "So, don't mess with me, sweetheart."

user posted image

Mas nodded, understanding. He noticed that Stan seemed to turn a little hostile when Menos said, "Yeah, I'd love to hang out with ya." "Menos, please. Don't mess things up. Didn't you see how she reacted to what you said?" "Sure I did! But how was I supposed to know that she'd react like that?" Mas rolled his eyes. Then, he realised that Stan might've mistook his rolling eyes for her.

"I wasn't rolling my eyes at you, was doing it to this irritating guy beside me," he hurriedly explained. He then dropped back to the ground.

"So let's go, then." He started walking.

<OOC: I noticed that Mas seems to be more of the main character rather than Menos. xd.png Also, I think I will bold Mas' thoughts so you guys don't get confused.>

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((OOC: haa, poor menos))

user posted image

While the two had a sort of psychic connection, (which; by the way, wasn't strange at all. Considering they literally own the same body, so why not share the same minds?) Stanii's head lowered with her jaw tightening at the instinct to warn in the way she does. Being more of the kind to wreck dragons and objects alike through their emotions, she used vocabulary, tone, attitude and a little luck to manipulate the way they act around her.

"It's fine. It's just really-" she paused, internally checking the entire palace of words to choose "vexatious when someone speaks to me in that manner."

Metallic scales shifting uncomfortably, she added: "I'm not the kind of female for that talk; it puts me off."

Sighing, she bit back another biting statement and followed suit of Mas and Menos.

user posted image

"I know; you didn't really look like those type of females. That's why some dragons shouldn't talk to you that way," Mas said, giving a pointed glare at Menos.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Menos said, with a tone of discomfort in his voice.

"Oh, never mind, you obviously wasn't paying attention to our conversation," Mas replied, smirking a little. They fell silent. Menos didn't like the silence. He loved talking!

"So...what were you doing before the Shakins went after you?" he asked, directing the question to Stan. "See? I'm not that annoying all the time." No reply. Mas was ignoring him.

<OOC: I know, right? LOL laugh.gif

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Stanii strode alongside Mas and Menos, trying to fidget her way out of the awkwardness they created.

"You two, calm down. It isn't really much of a problem now." she chuckled, tail swaying lightly behind her. The end was in an troublesome position after being tied back into a knot to hold the remaining fish.

"So...what were you doing before the Shakins went after you?" Menos asked. A rather child-like one, that head.

The Shimmerscale looked up, pondering for a few moments before looking ahead again. "Fishing. I was fishing; it helps me when I get a bit upset." Perhaps this was an understatement? She didn't dwell on it; not yet, not now.

"Heard a bit of a commotion, got my scales in the light and accidentally attracted the attention of a Shakin." She didn't bother telling the rest. The reason she was being chased halfway across the entire land was a rather violent, gruesome story. Hopefully her tail polishing her antlers covered the evidence.

<OOC: I'm just going to assume that they've reached the tree where you're supposed to climb up to get to Sampine and Ruby. happy.gif >

user posted image

"Okay, that's pretty bad-" Menos replied before being cut off by Mas.

"Oh, look, we've reached the tree," Mas said, looking up the super tall tree with thick bark. He flew up, forgetting that Stan couldn't fly.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

Tilting her ears a bit when Menos got cut off in mid-sentence, she gave a bit of a pointed look at Mas. "Thanks."

And as he raced upwards with those fancy wings and vertical movement, she rolled her eyes. "Oh, thanks."

Though, that didn't stop her from hopping onto the thick bark and coiling around it like a serpent, she dashed upwards as well; though, it wasn't certain she'd get to the top as quick as Mas and Menos would. Nevertheless, she has remarkable skills with a long body that sought balance from its tail.

Shame, there wasn't anyone to stand around looking impressed.

Except, that wasn't exactly true.

user posted image

Mas Menos (which is their main name) sped upwards. As he nearly reached the top, Mas looked beside himself to speak to Stan...only to see empty air. "Why isn't she...oh cripes! She doesn't have wings!" "Haha, you forgot your girlfriend!" "For the last time, she is NOT my girl-" Mas didn't manage to finish his sentence as both of them crashed into a thick three trunk. CRACK! Mas Menos fell down for a couple of seconds before regaining their senses and flapping their wings again. They flew to a nearby tree trunk and sat on it.

"You could've warned me about the tree trunk! Isn't that what second heads are for?!" Mas snapped.

"Well, it's not my fault that you decided to become boring and made me tease you!" Menos snapped back.

"Oh, so it's my fault? I'm sorry but who's being the troublemaker here?!" Mas' voice volume increased.

"You're the one who won't develop a sense of humour!" Menos yelled at the top of his voice.

"And you're a jerk!" Mas' patience had snapped and a fresh argument was officially started. Pretty soon, they were screaming insults at each other.

<OOC: Wonder who's watching Stanii? O.O>

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

There was a solid 'WHACK' on the same tree where they perched, the sound emanating from below them. Apparently Stan's caught up and smacked the surface with her tail to nab their attention, almost hitting one of their faces right after.

"Oi, you two stop bickering like a married couple and off the way. You have wings, there's no reason for you to lag on a branch." Stanii hissed, throwing sharp looks at each face. "I deserve the privilege to sit on a branch, you know I can't grip on bark forever."

user posted image

Mas looked down at Stan. "Sorry," he said with an apologetic look and glared at Menos. Menos just stuck out his tongue at him. Mas then realised that Stan was there. Without wings. Menos must have realised the same thing because he asked her about it.

"Wait, how are you talking to us up here? You climbed?!" Menos asked.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

user posted image

"Yeah, well; as you so delicately put: I'm a dragon, too. I have teeth, claws and- I may not have wings, but I'm perfectly capable of finding my way out of problems."

Stanii's tail swished, an irritable expression placed upon her facial features. "And if you mind, we were about to introduce ourselves to two dragons that we apparently have forgotten about."

Tilting her head thoughtfully, the Shimmerscale added: "I don't want to be your personal caretaker, here. You two act like proper hatchlings when one of you's upset."

user posted image

"Right, of course. We apologise," Mas coughed after a moment's silence. He then continued their flight up. He felt truly ashamed. A fully grown dragon and he acted like a total hatchling and asked a stupid question at the same time! "This is what happens if you're a Two-Headed dragon and the other head is irritating all the time." Mas kept the thought private so that Menos wouldn't know he had internally said that. However, that wasn't entirely true. Menos wasn't annoying all the time. There were a lot of times when they had fun together without a lot of bickering. Times when Menos would make a joke or pull Mas' leg but made sure that everyone knew he was just joking. What happened to those times? Menos must've been thinking the same thing because he said quietly, "Hey, sorry about just now."

"It's alright, I'm sorry too," replied Mas. They smiled at each other. So nothing had happened to those 'times' at all.

They were soon at the top. They settled beside the Sweetling.

"Hi, you might remember us as Mas and Menos earlier," Menos said cheerfully.

Edited by Dream_Dragon

((Ooc;; And I'm back from the event thingy mobaber tongue.gif. And I missed quite a bit didn't I? O.O))

user posted image

Sampine

Ic;; The male Sweetling watched as another dragon appeared out of nowhere just as he was about to leap down and help the shimmerscale. More than likely fall down. He thought. Jerking his head he spotted yet another dragon appear randomly up onto the ledge where Ruby was at. Little showoff, she got's wings. He thought bitterly. The only thing good about not having wings was... was... that they didn't have a hooked tail like him, yea that was the answer he was looking for. Shaking his head to clear off the random prideful thought about not having wings, Sampine made his way to the Moonstone dragoness, glaring at her, "You should at least introduce yourself before barging on in." The male Sweetling grunted before saying, "Anyways, hi my name is Sampine!" Glancing at the ruby shimmerscale, the male nodded, "I you think you can help her, then be my guest. Just don't hurt her or..." He left the sentence unfinished as two... three? His eyes widened at the two-headed dragon and the silver dragoness. Padding over to the blue dragon he heaved himself up on his two hind-legs and eyed them curiously before saying, "Are you one dragon or two?" Then he glanced over to the silver shimmerscale and bounded on over to her. She looked very different than normal shimmerscales, although he has seen a red shimmerscale and that was not normal, neither was he. Circling the female, he cautiously eyed her long talons and the green furry substance on her head and tail as well as the golden-like antlers. Stepping away from her once he circled her twice, Sampine then raised his tail and hooked it onto a branch that seemed to 'hold' the cave in place before lifting himself off the ground like a opossum and grinning, said, "My name is Sampine!" He glanced at both... or all of them, since he didn't know whether the two-headed dragon was one or two dragons.

((OOC: welcome back! and yeah, you kinda did))

user posted image

The silver-scaled female could hear what the Sweetling was saying, but it was quite blurred- (was that it? Blurred? Is that a possible way to describe hearing?) thus, making it hard to catch up on the conversation.

The Sweetling (whom if she'd understood, introduced himself as Sampine) circled her, eyeing her cautiously. She eyed him back, with a menacing whip of her tail against the air. She kept her snout shut to prevent her from causing detrimental or skin-ripping bites. Her ears laid backwards uneasily at the way he looked at her scales, her hair and her antlers as if it wasn't a normal thing to see.

She could see for herself that he, too, wasn't 'normal'. He wasn't a pale shade of pink like the usual Sweetlings, and neither were the red feathers strewn about on his head and back. And that one feather on his tail.

Another round lasted before he paid attention to Mas and Menos quite curiously. Sampine looked baffled at the idea of a dragon with two heads. "Stanii, or Stan." she introduced briefly, saying nothing more before looking down at the forest floor below.

A dark figure moved and her ears flicked. All the creatures that she knew of with that sort of colour couldn't possibly survive during daytime.

So what was it?

user posted image

Menos wasn't entirely sure how to answer Smapine's question. However, Mas answered for him.

"We're a Two-Headed dragon. Basically, we have one body, one pair of wings, one tail, but two heads and two different minds," Mas explained. He then added, "In case you got confused, he's Menos, the annoying one, and I'm Mas...the boring one, according to Mr Annoying here." Mas rolled his eyes but he was smiling so Menos knew it was a joke. He nodded, agreeing with Mas. He then noticed how Sampine seemed to be observing them curiously, almost as if he'd never seen anything like them before.

"Why are you looking at us like that? Have you never seen a Two-Headed dragon before?" Menos asked, but not in his usual teasing way. More like surprised.

user posted image

Sampine

~MESSED UP ON THIS POST~

Sorry guys, hope you caught what it said before this happened :/.

Edited by vallay111

user posted image

"Different?" She questioned. "Different how? All that's different about me is that I actually have horns fit for combat." She clicked her talons, tilting her head upwards so the rays of sun fell against her antlers to give them a brilliant radiance of gold. She always thought the rest of her kind was rather dull, having blunt antlers that seemed incapable of offence or defence at their angle.

As well as their pastel shade of green on the hair, opposite of her vibrant emerald.

Her scales were sharper than common Shimmerscale to prevent anyone from mounting or even brushing her without feeling pain. This, of course, did not come naturally. It was all work from torturous shaping and sharpening.

What a childhood that was.

The Shimmerscale exhaled, then glanced back at the figure; which had then, disappeared from its spot. Her eyes narrowed and her ears lowered along with her tail. A subtle sign of suspicion. Stanii then scanned the expanse, the entire vicinity of any life form that had relevant features to the shadow she saw. None turned up.

She decided to take it off her mind, looking back at the group of different dragons.

Ruby eyed the other strange Shimmerscale. She chuffed in greeting. "Hello!" She said in a friendly way. "I'm Ruby, the red Shimmerscale that Sampine spoke of. Nice to know that others of my kind are on this unfriendly place." She added with a wink.

user posted image

"We're an uncommon species. I guess we forgot that." Mas actually had not forgotten that but Menos had and that annoyed him. He was even more annoyed when Sampine pronounced his name incorrectly.

"The name's Menos, not "Menoooosss"," Menos snapped. Mas could feel his annoyance. "Mas, calm down." "But he-" "We just got to know them. Don't spoil it." Menos sighed and rolled his eyes in frustration. He glared at Sampine, then at Mas, and then he pretended to be interested with something in the distance.

"So what are we supposed to do on this weird planet?" Menos asked.