Firebirdwyvern

Have a Actual Dino Site

I been thinking, I think we actually should have a Dino site for the dinos, they just seem so out of place amongst the finely designed dragons...and I highly doubt any more dinos would be released, those ones done already...probably won't go anywhere.

So why not make a site just for them? Though I think it could have a cool name like...Dino Park (for JP fans).

Then they can have their own biomes and be easy to find and such, we probably could be able to shift our current dinos over there to form...scrolls? lairs, etc.

I think it could be good in a long shot, dino fans can have new dino releases, a form can be used for new colored and species, and then there will be a little less clutter with dinos and dragons blending.

It has potential...I didn't find that April Fools one funny...It could actually had made me have more feelings if I could be able to use them for their own stories and not be chew toys for my dragons.

TJ mentioned somewhere that he does plan to make Dino Cave into an actual site seeing as so many show a clear intrest in it Forgot where he said that.

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=6119805

Summery of post:

Hello all,

Dino Cave started off as a prank. Okay. Now go back and read that sentence again. Started off as. It was an amusing idea for a prank I had at 9 pm the night before April Fool's. There is no beta; in fact, there's not even any real code. The registration page is hard-coded to always give an "invalid beta code" error, and the login page will always claim the username doesn't exist.

However, you've probably all seen the proposed game mechanics. And from what I've seen, you like them. In fact, most people seem to enjoy the entire idea of a real "Dino Cave" site. So while I don't have any new site to release to everyone, I'm open to the idea of fun little "spin-offs" of Dragon Cave. Keep in mind that any spin-offs would probably receive a lot less attention than Dragon Cave gets. That's just a fact of life when there's only so much T.J. to go around.

So perhaps in a few months I'll be posting a legitimate big announcement. Stay tuned.

-T.J. Lipscomb

Owner, Dragon Cave

Edited by xeyla

I would love to see a dino cave! I'll be super happy when TJ starts it for for real biggrin.gif

Well, considering all the pygmy (and other) dinos that popped up on the completed list, you might get your wish.

that is the prank site, not the real site.

I would not want to be forced to move my Dinos over. I'm very happy with my Dinos here.

I would not want to be forced to move my Dinos over. I'm very happy with my Dinos here.

You won't be forced to move them, but since there is little chance they would be released here, they would probably just sit on the completed list.

I don't think she means sprites? I thought she meant the dinos on her scroll already.

Somehow I don't think we'd have to move the ones we already own to the new dino cave.

Sprites/Dinos. I think we could have a choice somewhat to do it if so, because then we won't have to take the same ones over again, or they can show up on there.

Though it would be nice if the Dinos could be more realistic. Look at them compared to the dragons? they are big and chubby. It would be nicer to have them look like decent dinosaurs (another reason I don't care for the DC ones, though I want a green dino). They can keep their color but can't they look like how a dino would?

It would be nice if they could be the dragons of that site and look like their namesakes, be leaner and muscular then chubby. I would love dinos like that, the raptors looking like they could be fierce.

Since we have dinos now... It makes completely no sense whatsoever to not have a Dino Cave game... I already see the basic site (The April Fools Prank one) But I think it should actually have the site up and running. Having the controls of dragon cave. I find it totally fair to have coders and a forum up and running. Since the main site is just about completed all we need is some coders