HollyTheColliegirl

Blood Type

What is your blood type?  

345 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm O and rh positive. They like it when I donate - O+ is not the universal donor, that's O-, but they can and do use O+ for someone who is rh positive and whose blood they don't have on hand, to save the O- for the ones who haven't been typed yet. Say someone is type B+, and they're out of B+ blood, they can use the O+ for that person and save the O- for the ones whose type they don't yet know.

Is there a type mosquitoes are more attracted to?

If I recall correctly, then A-type blood. (It was not 0-blood, I am quite certain) There are other blood-related factors, though, such as blood-sugar levels.

A positive, but the doctors say it is a weak A positive whatever that means.

It means you can receive the RhD positive blood, even though you are not technically positive for it. It has a weak reaction, so you would not die from it being the wrong transfusion type.

I've no idea. I live in the UK and am restricted by the crazy National Health Service who wont allow us to know our blood type unless we pay to get it tested at a private health organisation and not everyone can afford that. They only let you know your own blood type over her before you give a blood transfusion which I can't do as I'm too ill. I went to my GP once to ask if I could get it tested (just out of curiosity) and she interrogated me over it as if it was confidential information I can't access. It's my sodding blood !

I've no idea. I live in the UK and am restricted by the crazy National Health Service who wont allow us to know our blood type unless we pay to get it tested at a private health organisation and not everyone can afford that. They only let you know your own blood type over her before you give a blood transfusion which I can't do as I'm too ill. I went to my GP once to ask if I could get it tested (just out of curiosity) and she interrogated me over it as if it was confidential information I can't access. It's my sodding blood !

You can buy testing kits on Amazon, and if you're eligible to give blood you can find out by doing that smile.gif

I'm A+

You can buy testing kits on Amazon, and if you're eligible to give blood you can find out by doing that smile.gif

I'm A+

I know, the ones I've seen are a bit pricey though. Plus I'm not eligible to give blood I have too many chronic diseases and am an easy bleeder (it's a bleeding disorder really)

I'm O and rh positive.  They like it when I donate - O+ is not the universal donor, that's O-, but they can and do use O+ for someone who is rh positive and whose blood they don't have on hand, to save the O- for the ones who haven't been typed yet.  Say someone is type B+, and they're out of B+ blood, they can use the O+ for that person and save the O- for the ones whose type they don't yet know.

They USED to say Oneg was universal donor - but have found out that doesn't work out.

Source for purposes of this forum !

I'm O+. Vy you wish to know - do you NEED some ? xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

My fiancee is in the UK and says not only do you just ask your doctor its on your Birth certificate as well..... He was born in England and moved to Wales. Either someone is lying to you or just not asking the right people. So not calling you a lier but something's not right on that one

My blood type is I believe O negative, it did start off as pos due to my mothers blood but after I had it rechecked it turned to Neg, which is weird but looked it up.

My fiancee is in the UK and says not only do you just ask your doctor its on your Birth certificate as well..... He was born in England and moved to Wales. Either someone is lying to you or just not asking the right people. So not calling you a lier but something's not right on that one

I wonder when that started ? It sure as heck isn't on mine. I must ask if it is on my grandchildren's birth certs...

I am SURE your doctor can check it for free over here (I am in the UK and I worked for the NHS for 20 years). Maybe she is just lazy. But I am told it is really easy to test for yourself - they used to do it in biology classes at school. I wouldn't trust that though, if it were important.

Please don't knock the NHS, RockChick. You'd find out JUST how great it is if you lived in the US, I'm telling you. (where I am willing to bet a test would cost you an arm and several legs - possibly even a kidney on the side.) Or would you prefer to risk losing your house if you have a heart attack (there are plenty of cases where that has happened in the US.) I have a friend in Ohio with really GOOD US health insurance; she recently needed a hip replacement. Her insurance covered the operation - but she had to pay for the actual replacement part. It wasn't cheap.

I wonder when that started ? It sure as heck isn't on mine. I must ask if it is on my grandchildren's birth certs...

I am SURE your doctor can check it for free over here (I am in the UK and I worked for the NHS for 20 years). Maybe she is just lazy. But I am told it is really easy to test for yourself - they used to do it in biology classes at school. I wouldn't trust that though, if it were important.

Please don't knock the NHS, RockChick. You'd find out JUST how great it is if you lived in the US, I'm telling you. (where I am willing to bet a test would cost you an arm and several legs - possibly even a kidney on the side.) Or would you prefer to risk losing your house if you have a heart attack (there are plenty of cases where that has happened in the US.) I have a friend in Ohio with really GOOD US health insurance; she recently needed a hip replacement. Her insurance covered the operation - but she had to pay for the actual replacement part. It wasn't cheap.

I'm currently in the US and I'm wanting to move to UK for the health care. Though no it's free, and actually very common to know it. Just ask or go to a donor mobile and tell them you can't donate but ask if they can tell you your type. It's what I did.

Fiancee is 43 if that helps and says his is, so not sure on that one but I know it's easy to find out your type.

The health care in US sucksssss so badly, if you don't have insurance and working you get fined for it. Private offices can turn you away as well, kinda sad it's cheaper to go to the ER then the doctor.

O negative, which is yay for me, I guess, I can give blood to lots of people! Well...plasma. I don't know, I'm disqualified from donating anyways, but it's desirable for some reason.

Edited by Perspicacity