PhantomoftheWolves

The Prism Project

This sounds like a cool project! I think I'll join, although it will take me forever to get anywhere. Do the first gen dragons have to be renamed also or just after that? Because if they don't have to be I think I could use this.

they dont have to but from second gen on, they must have prism somewhere in their name

EDIT: new dragons have been included into the project

Edited by PhantomoftheWolves

Okay, so I'm trying to wrap my brain around exactly how this works. Do you do a 3rd gen of every color or just most of them? You have to breed the colors in the order they are listed right? (A pink has to be breed to a red, which has to be bred to an orange, to a brown, etc.) If you don't do one of every color can you start anywhere you want? (Like I could start at brown instead of pink.) I caught a CB Albino in the AP so hopefully I can start soon.

You do a 3rd gen of each color, and then do enough to reach 4th gen. They have to be in the order in the first post:

Pink

Red

Orange

Brown

Yellow

Light green

Dark green

Teal

Cyan

Bright blue

Dilute blue

Dark blue

Purple

Black

White

Gray

When you breed your 2nd gens you can start with any color, but once you reach 3rd gen, you have to follow the pattern.

Edited by PhantomoftheWolves

You do a 3rd gen of each color, and then do enough to reach 4th gen. They have to be in the order in the first post:

Pink

Red

Orange

Brown

Yellow

Light green

Dark green

Teal

Cyan

Bright blue

Dilute blue

Dark blue

Purple

Black

White

Gray

When you breed your 2nd gens you can start with any color, but once you reach 3rd gen, you have to follow the pattern.

Well, blow me down.

I thought we could do it in any order, as long a we used only listed dragons wink.gif

I had even posted about the order I was going to use, nobody told me I couldn't!

Glad someone asked smile.gif

EDIT: Princess - hunt the AP. Although there is some catching/releasing, there are lots of AP albinos and other eligible eggs going through there.

I have caught and gifted at least a dozen, 6-7 just last week.

I think of mine and my hubby's 40 or so, only 2 or 3 came form the Cave, the rest were from the AP.

Happy hunting smile.gif

Edited by daba555

Woo Hoo!!!! I finally have ALL of my CB Albinos biggrin.gif Now the breeding begins in earnest...

Updating my lineage so far:

2nd Gens:

Pink: Blush Prism MacSuibhne and her mate No Pigment Prism MacDubh

Red: Red Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Pale Prism Q'MacDubh

Orange: Prism Sorceress MacSuibhne and her mate Prism is Cool MacDubh

Brown: Eagle’s Prism MacSuibhne (She's waiting for her mate...)

Yellow: Prism Harvest MacSuibhne (She's waiting for her mate...)

Light Green: Queen’s Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Prism Art MacDubh

Dark Green: Green Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Sabia’s Prism MacDubh

Teal: Lena’s Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Translucent Prism MacDubh

Cyan: Loch Prism MacSuibhne (She's waiting for her mate...)

Bright Blue: Eighre Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Brave Prism MacDubh

Dilute Blue: Lady Prism MacSuibhne (She's waiting for her mate...)

Dark Blue: Unnamed Prism MacSuibhne (She's waiting for her mate...)

Purple: Unnamed Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Unnamed Prism MacDubh

Black: Tilly's Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Black Bart's Prism MacDubh

Gray: Storm of Prisms MacSuibhne (She's waiting for her mate...)

White: Beibhinn’s Prism MacSuibhne (She's waiting for her mate...)

3rd Gens:

Pink:

Red: Unnamed Prism MacSuibhne

Orange: Unnamed Prism MacDubh

Brown:

Yellow:

Light Green:

Dark Green: Neo-Prism Q'MacDubh

Teal: Deuraich Prism Q’MacSuibhne

Cyan:

Bright Blue: Icy Prism MacSuibhne

Dilute Blue:

Dark Blue:

Purple:

Black:

Gray:

White:

4th Gens:

Pink:

Orange or Brown:

Yellow or Light Green:

Teal: WW Prism MacSuibhne

Cyan or Bright Blue:

Dilute Blue or Dark Blue:

Purple or Black:

White:

I'm intending to keep breeding my top line as Pink, and my bottom line as White, so my final dragon will either be Pink or White biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by deblogan

I'm intending to keep breeding my top line as Pink, and my bottom line as White, so my final dragon will either be Pink or White biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

OK, so confused - doesn't the last one have to be gray, according to the above post by phantom?

If so, I need to re-breed.

What am I not understanding here? Kinda like to know before I breed another 3rd gen gray blink.gif

Edited by daba555

that was a mistake, it has to end in white

OK, so black gray white...

I only had to swap two from what I wanted to do, anyway, and no re-breeding, then.

I am soooo wanting to get all my 3rd gens set up, still have some to go.

And, this is going to be a huge effort to rename them, and I think I need to start thinking about that smile.gif

thanks!

debs

*whew*

Glad to hear that Phantom. I noticed that right after I posted and thought, "Hmmmm...but gray falls between black and white!" (At least in MY mind *lol*)

LOL I'm glad to hear the grey placement was a mistake, that would have been awkward to my rainbow-obsessed mind. Oh but I guess I need to re-breed my grey block, in that case...

@Deb--I like the way you think! I might have to re-breed one of my fourth gens to try and get a Pink dragon out of it...

Edited by silver_chan

Perhaps, if it is a mistake, you should edit it on the first post?

Ok! I finally have all the Albinos I need (provided this last one genders right, and neither it nor the other Albino in my white block refuse their mates...)

Other than that all I really have to show off is my Dark Green block; I have a few more eggs, but they're not very exciting. Most of my dragons are being stubborn sad.gif

I hear you on the stubborn dragons, silver. I'd be *much* further along if mine would just cooperate *sigh*

BUT, (I have to remind myself) I didn't expect this to be a quick project biggrin.gif

Love your dark green block! The Olives look really nice with Albinos.

Ok! I finally have all the Albinos I need (provided this last one genders right, and neither it nor the other Albino in my white block refuse their mates...)

Other than that all I really have to show off is my Dark Green block; I have a few more eggs, but they're not very exciting. Most of my dragons are being stubborn sad.gif

that really looks nice smile.gif I used the olive, too - another dragon I was not fond of, but looks so good with the albinos!

I have 12 3rd gen blocks now, the stubborn ones on my scroll are the Tsunamis and Terrae. 7/29 - now have Terrae egg smile.gif

The hubby was having problems, couldn't get anything to breed correctly, then this week got both the seragamma and white he needed, 2nd gens. The 2 whites he got on first try, but he only had one CB and had to find another, which he managed to do in the AP. Now he has to hope they will give him 3rd gens.

I had bred Embers for brown, but we decided we liked the Seragammas better, the Embers are so dark. And, he'll likely want me to do a second one using Brimstone instead of Harvest, for his scroll.

So we're getting pretty close to trying for 4th gen. And, of course, keeping our fingers crossed there are no refusals dry.gif

Deb, I'm stealing your list. My dragons are still "coded" but unnamed with their real names.

3rd Gens:

Pink: uncooperative so far - only albino eggs

Red: http://dragcave.net/lineage/FGqqW

Orange: http://dragcave.net/lineage/uvR3a

Brown: Egg laid 7/28 http://dragcave.net/lineage/gOKdb

Yellow: http://dragcave.net/lineage/sf8r3

Light Green: Egg laid 7/29

Dark Green: http://dragcave.net/lineage/C7sP8

Teal: http://dragcave.net/lineage/r3xq0

Cyan: http://dragcave.net/lineage/bq41r

Bright Blue: uncooperative so far - no interest

Dilute Blue: http://dragcave.net/lineage/4DGHl

Dark Blue: http://dragcave.net/lineage/soEVF

Purple: uncooperative so far - only albino eggs

Black: http://dragcave.net/lineage/tA5xR

Gray: http://dragcave.net/lineage/XgNQt

White: uncooperative so far - no egg produced

Just bred the sunstone and locked myself up again, LOL. Took forever to get the albino side, but fortunately only took one try for this 3rd gen egg.

It didn't occurred to me before, and I don't know if there was a breed for each color that ended up male that wasn't dimorphous (is that right?), but now I think I might have liked the males to have the same sprite as the females, for consistency's sake. And then ones like the Sunstone end up being female where it didn't matter wink.gif

edited for egg update. seems like I'm entertaining myself, LOL.

Edited by daba555

Now I have both halves of my Teal and Light Green blocks... not posting links because I'm tired and about to go to bed, but I have them! Or at least eggs, I'm hoping that they'll gender right and all that jazz.

My Orange block is still stubbornly refusing to produce any kind of egg. The rest of them are on cooldown, I think... and being equally stubborn, in any case.

the hubby bred himself new mates for the Horse and Sunrise blocks, he can't get those 3rd gens! He hasn't given up on the white yet, he'll give it another try before re-breeding.

once something hatches (new drops always get in the way, being compulsive gatherers as we are) he's going to give it a go.

I guess I'm still working on the Tsunami, I can't even remember now.

So I've got 12/16 blocks at 3rd gen smile.gif it worries me a bit about the 3rd gens not liking each other, I'll be crossing a lot of fingers when I breed.

I also figured out a plan to name them, yippee! I may not wait for all the 3rd gens, because (as I've mentioned) I have no patience blink.gif

EDIT: 13 blocks, maybe, the hubby was able to get the white.

But, the horse and sunrise are just being stubborn! It's amazing how many albinos we couldn't get when doing 2nd gen, and now we don't want them and that's all they're providing wacko.gif

I haven't tried my tsunami yet, as I managed to lock myself all over again. Trying for a green opal, I mis-clicked. As soon as I can abandon that egg, I'll try. Getting so close... dry.gif

EDIT AGAIN: http://dragcave.net/lineage/jh7Z1

my tsunami, yay! gonna hid it right now, though, till tomorrow.

14/16, if these gender right biggrin.gif

I realize I'm kinda talking to myself, here, but at least I don't ignore me smile.gif

I just now copied the 3rd gens into a spreadsheet, and realize that I have all the genders backwards from my preferred sex.

I prefer the female sunrise to the male, etc. There are a few that I don't care about, but basically, I did it all just....backwards wacko.gif

Edited by daba555

HAH! I finally squeezed a third-gen Magi out of my Orange Block. Clearly I need to use Fertility more often...

Shiny!

I'm pretty sure I have both halves of my Dilute Blue block... I just have to wait for the Guardian to grow up! And here's my Teal Block, I quite like it :3

I tried breeding my Light Green Block together, but they just produced an Albino. I'll try again once they're done cooling down.

And then I managed to breed the other half of my Purple Block! Yay!

...dang it, my White and Grey blocks refused each other sad.gif

I guess I'd better rebreed one or both of them...

Edited by silver_chan

This looks interesting and I've been looking for a new project.

So we need 32 cb Albino males for the first generation? blink.gif I had better get to collecting.

...dang it, my White and Grey blocks refused each other sad.gif

I guess I'd better rebreed one or both of them...

That's what worries me,but what can you do!

It took me about a dozen tries to get a sunstone 3rd gen, even using influence. kept getting albinos.

Husker, most of my albinos came from the AP. I just kept grabbing them, keeping the CB ones - I also gave away a whole bunch.

It's not as hard as you'd think smile.gif

I think I might re-breed them all at the 3rd gen level, and influence the opposite sex of this one. I wonder how different it will look!

That's what worries me,but what can you do!

It took me about a dozen tries to get a sunstone 3rd gen, even using influence. kept getting albinos.

Yeah... sad.gif I just hope this won't end up like my Geode, who, I kid you not, refused *five dragons* before I *finally* got him a mate. I would have re-bred him, but his parents were Geode-shy... and I think I tried anyway and it didn't work. Funny thing was he refused all Greens but accepted a Golden Wyvern. Maybe he was speciest...

Anyway, I re-bred my Lumina. We'll see if that works /sigh.

This really looks like a great project! ohmy.gif

I think I'll join if I may?

I just have some things I want to confirm. We need 32 CB male Albinos and the word "Prism" has to be somewhere in the name just from the 2nd gen onwards, right? But how shall we reach the 8th gen with a base of 32 males? Wouldn't that be just a 7th gen? blink.gif Or is there a mistake in my thinking?

Edited by Flaviel

This really looks like a great project! ohmy.gif

I think I'll join if I may?

I just have some things I want to confirm. We need 32 CB male Albinos and the word "Prism" has to be somewhere in the name just from the 2nd gen onwards, right? But how shall we reach the 8th gen with a base of 32 males? Wouldn't that be just a 7th gen? blink.gif Or is there a mistake in my thinking?

I don't know how to figure it out, LOL. I think I thought that with 16 breeds, 2 albinos per breed, and we have 16 because they added some because they were needed to make 8th gen.

So I just figured they knew what they were doing. I still think so, and anyway,I can't figure it out to save my life, so I'm no help at all! wacko.gif

Husker, most of my albinos came from the AP.  I just kept grabbing them, keeping the CB ones - I also gave away a whole bunch.

It's not as hard as you'd think smile.gif

Before I decided to do this project I would always see Albinos in the AP. Now that I'm actively looking for them, they seem to have disappeared.

I do have 2 grown on my scroll and 2 eggs but I am locked right now so no more hunting for a little while.

Edited by Husker

Before I decided to do this project I would always see Albinos in the AP. Now that I'm actively lookin for them, they seem to have disappeared.

I do have 2 grown on my scroll and 2 eggs but I am locked right now so no more hunting for a little while.

I'll help! sometimes I think the AP does things in batches. lots of one kind of egg, CB, another time a different one. it's so funny.

but right now, I'm locked, too. with the AP eggs ER already, it would be great to find some. I don't always have influence though, to make them male.

I'll keep my eyes open smile.gif