PhantomoftheWolves

The Prism Project

I would love to try joining this project, but I am a bit confused as to how it works. Does it matter what color you start with? For example, if I started with red, I would breed any red dragon to an albino? Or does it specifically have to be royal crimson?

And after doing that for three generations, you breed the red to orange, the orange to yellow, yellow to green, and so forth? I'd just like clarification, as all ^^;

Well, I've been doing it for months now and I stay confused laugh.gif

But my understanding was that you start with pink, and go in the order of the list for the first 2 generations, then you can change it up.

You pick the dragons off the list, with a couple of exceptions, there are several to choose from.

I stuck with the plan, though, because I like the way it looks.

If I'm wrong, someone will come along and correct me smile.gif

The best place to start is to begin collecting albinos - I got a lot of mine, in fact, most of them, from the AP. It was surprising how many CB albinos went through there when I started.

I didn't even like albinos, but after starting this project, I love them now biggrin.gif

Edit: look at the example, there's a link on the first page - I have referred to it often.

Edited by daba555

Ah, thanks! That helps a bit. Although, I can't find the example link. I think if I could see that, I'd be good to go to try out this project :3

The link is in rule 7 and now I actually get it.

When I started I didn't understand the chart and now it seems that I would have to rebreed some pairs to get the right colours. But with me being rebellious and all I will just stick to my original plan of breeding since I am not on the member list, anyway tongue.gif

I got some third gens! this Mint and this Royal Blue. I'm very pleased, even if I miscalculated how many eggs I had and managed to lose the Daydream egg sad.gif Still, at least I know all these dragons get along, which is a very nice feeling.

Finally, I managed to get this 5th gen egg! Ahhh, moving right along smile.gif

Well, I think I've got almost all the dragon's I need (including 32 male albinos!) and now I just have to start breeding (probably after Christmas).

*headdesk* Two of my 4th gens just REFUSED each other *sigh*

Rebred one. Will try again after Christmas with the replacement...

*pokes head in* well, it's a little past four in the morning, and it's also winter break, so i figured i might join another lineage project... |D

and look, i've already got two cb male albinos to start with!! i'll start breeding after the new year, but i'll need a while to plan how i want it to look.

*pokes head in* well, it's a little past four in the morning, and it's also winter break, so i figured i might join another lineage project... |D

and look, i've already got two cb male albinos to start with!! i'll start breeding after the new year, but i'll need a while to plan how i want it to look.

hallo! welcome - you are gonna both love and hate this smile.gif

mostly, I love it....but now that it's after Christmas, I thought I'd try my last 3rd gens to see if I could get what I wanted.

Nope dry.gif

so I tried re-breeding both parental pairs of one, to see if a sibling would be more cooperative.

Nope dry.gif wrong breeds on all 4 tries.

The other pair is an offspring form the DH, so having to ask him to re-breed. We will see later if he'll do better than I did.

So, I am still stuck for now and I don't like it mad.gif

Glad some of you are doing better than I am, because you couldn't really do worse, I guess laugh.gif

Edited by daba555

More exciting things... my Deep Seas finally gave me an Albino egg! Sadly, they're the only ones that did, of the four I was stuck on. So I'll have to try those again next week.

However, I did manage to get a third-gen Daydream egg out of that block! I'm very happy about that, seeing as I was silly enough to loose the last one that block produced. I'm still working on my Black block, as it hasn't produced anything but Albinos so far, but at least I haven't had any refusals lately /knocks on wood.

And last but certainly not least, I present the first sixth gen of this project. I'm extremely pleased by this, and I just hope that next week will be as productive as this one.

hey flaviel, i found an egg you bred in the ap: http://dragcave.net/lineage/PgdWj

doesn't look like it's for this project, though.

It could be - the CB's don't have to have Prism in the name. Might have been the wrong breed, though. Very pretty!

Might send Flaviel a PM if you think it might have been accidentally lost, tho smile.gif

It does look like it could have that extra day that auto-abandoning gives them. Guess it depends on what time it was bred.

It could be - the CB's don't have to have Prism in the name.  Might have been the wrong breed, though.  Very pretty!

Might send Flaviel a PM if you think it might have been accidentally lost, tho smile.gif

It does look like it could have that extra day that auto-abandoning gives them.  Guess it depends on what time it was bred.

Since it's a third gen, they probably dumped it because it wasn't a Mint. I dump all my third-gen Albinos because they're useless to me xd.png

Edited by silver_chan

hey flaviel, i found an egg you bred in the ap: http://dragcave.net/lineage/PgdWj

doesn't look like it's for this project, though.

Thanks for the info but like silver_chan said 3rd gen Albinos are pretty but not very useful since we don't need them for the project.

...it's also the last 3rd gen I need rolleyes.gif

@ silver_chan: The first sixth gen... *stares at it in awe

Thanks for the info but like silver_chan said 3rd gen Albinos are pretty but not very useful since we don't need them for the project.

...it's also the last 3rd gen I need  rolleyes.gif

@ silver_chan: The first sixth gen...  *stares at it in awe

ah, wasn't thinking about what we need by 3rd gen.

I have bred 6th gen eggs. Unfortunately, they were the wrong breed.

I wonder if using Seragammas was a wise choice. I didn't realize when we started that we would reach a point where all you can get is Seragammas when you breed with other types of dragons.

And up till now, they were what I needed. Gah.

Edit 1/4:

Finally! I'm in shock xd.png

http://dragcave.net/lineage/CFzgP

I used all my purples to no avail on other stuff today, and was going to bed and tried this just for the heck of it. And it finally, finally gave me my thunder.

The other pair, that I need a white from, had no interest - but that was a good thing because I only had the one slot.

Now I can go to sleep happy biggrin.gif

Edited by daba555

Time to Update again! *Warning* LONG Post Ahead biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

My lineage so far:

2nd Gens:

Pink: Blush Prism MacSuibhne and her mate No Pigment Prism MacDubh

Red: Red Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Pale Prism Q'MacDubh

Orange: Prism Sorceress MacSuibhne and her mate Prism is Cool MacDubh

Brown: Eagle’s Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Seragamma Prism MacDubh

Yellow: Prism Harvest MacSuibhne and her mate Prism Waves MacDubh

Light Green: Queen’s Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Prism Art MacDubh

Dark Green: Green Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Sabia’s Prism MacDubh

Teal: Lena’s Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Translucent Prism MacDubh

Cyan: Dee's Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Prism Water MacDubh

Bright Blue: Eighre Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Brave Prism MacDubh

Dilute Blue: Lady Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Gaelic Prism MacDubh

Dark Blue: Prism's Moonbeam MacSuibhne and her mate Moonlight Prism MacDubh

Purple: Equus Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Prism's Pale Horse MacDubh

Black: Tilly's Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Black Bart's Prism MacDubh

Gray: Storm of Prisms MacSuibhne and her mate Cloudy Prism MacDubh

White: Snow White Prism MacSuibhne and her mate White Prism Q'MacDubh

3rd Gens:

Pink: Pinkie's Prism MacDubh

Red: Crimson Prism MacSuibhne

Orange: Sorcerer's Prism MacDubh

Brown: Avian Prism MacSuibhne

Yellow: Prism Amber Grain MacDubh

Light Green: Terra Prism MacSuibhne

Dark Green: Neo-Prism Q'MacDubh

Teal: Deuraich Prism Q’MacSuibhne

Cyan: Prism Burn MacDubh

Bright Blue: Icy Prism MacSuibhne

Dilute Blue: Prism Guard MacDubh

Dark Blue: Royal Prism MacSuibhne

Purple: Prism's Equus MacDubh

Black: Tess's Prism MacSuibhne

Gray: Storm Ravaged Prism MacDubh

White: Snowy Prism MacSuibhne

4th Gens:

Pink: Salmon Prism MacDubh

Brown: Prism Seer MacSuibhne

Yellow: Terra Harvest Prism MacDubh

Teal: WW Prism MacSuibhne

Cyan: Prism Blues MacDubh

Dark Blue: Prism Runes MacSuibhne

Black: Prism’s Dark Horse MacDubh

White: White Lady Prism MacSuibhne

5th Gens:

Pink:

Teal: Spritely Prism Q’MacSuibhne

Blue:

White:

6th Gens:

Pink:

White:

Final Dragon: ?? (Will it be Pink or White????)

Progress is happening!!

ETA: *grrrrrr* Prism Blues MacDubh and Prism Runes MacSuibhne just REFUSED *headdesk* Off to rebreed one of my 4th gens...

Edited by deblogan

http://dragcave.net/lineage/CIX9j

yep...needed a thunder dry.gif

on the other hand, I did better than deblogan. sorry, Deb

considering that it took months to get that thunder in the first place, and a number of tries for the tsunami (having influenced the first one backwards blink.gif), I am very, very grateful they didn't refuse.

and yep, needed a white:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/0Uwr9

only 5 months so far xd.png

Edited by daba555

Lol, I'm so glad I'm going the 'any egg is fine, past 3rd gen' route.

Anyway, my report: On the bright side, I just got the last Albino to finish my Side A second gens off completely! On the not so bright side... that's the only egg I got this week. Well, the only egg I needed, anyway. My Black A block produced a 3rd gen Albino, and there were a couple other similar mis-breedings.

Still, I guess I'll just keep plugging away, as the spirit moves me.

Hey there! Would like to join, is it okay if I use a CB alibino male from another project?

Hey there! Would like to join, is it okay if I use a CB alibino male from another project?

As far as I can tell, that's not a problem! Especially since you don't have to name the CBs 'Prism', just 2nd gen and beyond.

As far as I can tell, that's not a problem! Especially since you don't have to name the CBs 'Prism', just 2nd gen and beyond.

Great! I should start it when i am not so egglocked. biggrin.gif

i just realized that to create the "official" version of this lineage, i'd need 2 of each metal... arrrrrgh. could i make a version of the prism, but with only 1 albino x ? it would be half the size; i just really want to use my gold/silver, haha.

and i've selected the dragons i'm going to use (minus the yellow and grey ones; i thought i could use my gold and my silver but then i realized i couldn't. oops); time to organize my scroll...

i just realized that to create the "official" version of this lineage, i'd need 2 of each metal... arrrrrgh. could i make a version of the prism, but with only 1 albino x ? it would be half the size; i just really want to use my gold/silver, haha.

and i've selected the dragons i'm going to use (minus the yellow and grey ones; i thought i could use my gold and my silver but then i realized i couldn't. oops); time to organize my scroll...

for this project you need 32 albino cb males.

you can get a lot of them from the AP, although not all the ones you find there will be CB, but a lot will.

good luck smile.gif

my 2 pairs that are being stubborn are still just that. one provided the wrong breed, the other still shows no interest.

one of these days...

I had been trying so long to get those last 2 4th gens, then getting one but not the 5th, that I forgot about my 5th gens - after 2 unsuccessful attempts earlier, I just tries and voila!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/mbYof

I think I'd kind of figured I'd never get anything but Seragammas, but lo and behold smile.gif A Waterwalker.

So, my first 6th gen. All I have to do is make sure I influence it correctly dry.gif and hope it doesn't buck.

Really, 3 tries against Seragamma is a pretty good home run, I think!

The only thing I have to report is two third gens from my A lineage; the Deep Sea and Water Horse dragons are finally cooperating with me xd.png

Now I just need the black block to produce a third gen egg... /sigh. I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

Edited by silver_chan