PhantomoftheWolves

The Prism Project

Awesome! I'm already collecting Albinos biggrin.gif (I'll need a bunch as I have no intention of inbreeding my dragons *lol*)

Welcome deblogan! I do agree that "Prism" is far better than "Rainbow EG" and to answer your questions:

1. all dragons must have "Prism" in their name but you can have the 2nd gen have prism in their names to make it easier to find unrelated mates. It depends on the participant and you can inbreed.

2. Only one contrasting dragon breed from the listing must be used with the albino father but anyone can pick the same breed. It is just the combinations you can't copy.

3. I will add a brown and a black color group so that everyone can reach 8th gen.

LOL now I have to rename...

Also can I propose Trihorns be one of the Brown options? They would look good in this, I think.

I think ill name my dragons after I finish the lineage. The way I have them now helps me keep track easier. For example, for purple, the horse is named Purple Rainbow EG and the Albino it mated with is Purple A Rainbow EG. A stands for Albino. If that's all right, I mean.

If my Olive egg genders right, I have all the colored dragons I need! Now I just need to get the Albino dragons...

Also I renamed a few Waters that I already had set up in a third gen checker with Albinos. I just need to get a Water egg from that... /pokes them.

I have some already set up Albino x Sunstone checkers If anyone would like one, I have, right now ,two pairs that are available to breed( er--- when I have room later today tongue.gif )

If interested please PM me, I will rename the 2nd gens so that they fit the project parameters

Tah-Dahhh!

Introducing my first adult Prism 2nd Gen: Prism is Cool MacDubh

By the way...in order to get all the dragons I'll need to get to 7th gen, I added "Gray" and "White" after "Black". So my Prism span will go like this:

Pink x Albino

Red x Albino

Magi x Albino

Autumn x Albino

Harvest x Albino

Terrae x Albino

Neotropical x Albino

Water Walker x Albino

Waterhorse x Albino

Ice x Albino

Guardian x Albino

Royal Blue x Albino

Horse x Albino

Turpentine x Albino

Gray(Storm) x Albino

White x Albino

I have all my "color" CBs in place and am busily collecting CB Albinos biggrin.gif

AND I have 6 more 2nd gens growing on my scroll!

My Prism lineage is well and truly launched *happy dancing*

Ah yeah, you're right... we do need two more slots. I wonder if Luminas are acceptable for White...

Not sure what else could fit the Grey slot, so I might have to use Fogs, too xd.png

My Waters are proving stubborn, but I did produce a nice second gen Royal Crimson! I'm still trying to collect CB Albinos, and I'll wait to see what's said about the other two color slots before I go around renaming my dragons.

Oh yes, I forgot... the Royal Crimson egg, Ghost-Like Prism Stream, and Frothy Foam Prism. Whee~

Edited by silver_chan

Apparently Lumina fit into Grey? And more dragons than I thought! But I'll definitely take Luimina~ I love them quite a lot, so I'm very happy they can be included in this. :3

Personally, I'd go from black -> gray -> white

and I'd tend to put the shadow walkers in white (except of course for Fiona's alts, but none of us have CBs of those *lol*)

Just my opinion, of course biggrin.gif

And then I did something silly and accidentally killed my pretty little Royal Crimson sad.gif Whyever did I think Earthquake was a good idea...

On the bright side, I have a new egg for this project, a Pink. Ta-dah! The lack of Albinos is getting kind of weird... I still only have five I can use, and not a single Albino offspring.

This sounds like a really cool idea! :3 I have a question though, do you have to keep every dragon you breed to finish at 8th gen, or do you give some to people that need them? =/

You have to keep every dragon to get to 8th gen.

Really? ohmy.gif Wow! blink.gif That'll end up being a LOT of dragons! o.o

Thought I'd introduce a few of my Prism dragons biggrin.gif

2nd Gens:

Blush Prism MacSuibhne and her mate No Pigment Prism MacDubh

Red Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Pale Prism Q'MacDubh

Prism is Cool MacDubh (He's still waiting for his mate...)

Tilly's Prism MacSuibhne and her mate Black Bart's Prism MacDubh

Prism Lass Q'MacSuibhne (She's waiting for her mate...)

No third gens yet, as everyone gave me albinos this week *sigh* And I'm still collecting CB Albinos to create more 2nd gen pairs biggrin.gif

Edited by deblogan

Got my first two third gen eggs! Pretty in Pink and Water egg

Now I just have to hope they gender right :3

And a second gen Royal Crimson egg, to replace the one I foolishly killed a week ago... thank goodness I'm out of Albinos after this, lol.

Edited by silver_chan

OK, now that the new release frenzy has subsided, I thought I'd pop in and ask a few questions, because I think I really like this project and want to join.

Over the last couple of weeks, my hubby and I have collected 32 albinos, and most or all of the other breeds. We'd like to make this a joint project, where I'm breeding about 2/3 and he's breeding the other third.

Is that OK? Or do I have to do all the breeding on my own scroll? He flat-out refuses to try to do a whole project on his own because he's not very organizational, and I struggle a teensy bit to understand the complicated lineages, but we thought together we could do this.

If it is OK, then I think we're ready to start. We have a little discussion going on over the brown and yellow dragons because neither of us wants to use the breeds listed, so we're trying to figure out which we could live with. We both would want to use the night glory drakes for brown and the day glory drakes for yellow...

Once I get the OK for us to do this jointly, I'll begin breeding 2nd gens and go back to the first page to see if there's a form to fill out.

Deblogan, this is your fault laugh.gif because I saw your name as last poster right after you gave me my lovely Thuwed pygmy egg, and so I came to see the thread smile.gif

Deb

If it is OK, then I think we're ready to start. We have a little discussion going on over the brown and yellow dragons because neither of us wants to use the breeds listed, so we're trying to figure out which we could live with. We both would want to use the night glory drakes for brown and the day glory drakes for yellow...

I'm afraid this idea has one huge problem... Drakes won't mate with anything but Drakes. Which means you won't be able to mate them with your Albinos at all.

Personally I find Embers to be very pretty (though I'm using Whiptails) and the Harvest females are nice?

I'm afraid this idea has one huge problem... Drakes won't mate with anything but Drakes. Which means you won't be able to mate them with your Albinos at all.

Personally I find Embers to be very pretty (though I'm using Whiptails) and the Harvest females are nice?

Well, I didn't remember that, LOL.

I had left for a couple of years, at which time metals wouldn't breed, either - it's tough to keep track in my confused little head.

I just decided, we are going to use the Embers for brown, but they're so dark - more black than brown. But, we do both like them. And, I love the Harvest and we will use them, but they aren't so very yellow. The most yellow is the Brimstone so maybe we'll use those, only then I have to get a couple.

Anyway, if we can't do this jointly, then I'm going to be sorry I gave him so many albino eggs wink.gif I await approval very hopefully smile.gif

We plan to start with black (absence of color) and end with white (all colors) and follow the prism spectrum in between.

I won't post a list until we know we can do this, as I may change a couple of breeds if I can't include the hubbies eggs. Also, I'll need more albinos, then, too. Which I hope not.

Deb

Edited by daba555

OK, I have received approval smile.gif I believe we will use the following, although not in this order:

Pink: Sunrise

Red: Royal Crimson

Orange: Sunstone

Brown: Ember (unless it is approved to use Tri-Horn)

Yellow: Harvest or Brimstone

Light Green: Terrae

Dark Green: Olive

Teal: Waterwalker

Cyan: Waterhorse

Bright Blue: Tsunami

Dilute Blue: Waverunner

Dark Blue: Royal Blue

Purple: Horse

Black: Turpentine

White: White

Gray: Gray or Lumina

We're trying to use some of the ones we don't use for other stuff, and that didn't exist when we were here before. the ones that say "or" are because we're kinda - well - having differences of artistic opinion, shall we say wink.gif

Happy to climb aboard biggrin.gif