PhantomoftheWolves

The Prism Project

WELCOME TO THE PRISM PROJECT

Rules:

1. Each female color (Red, Orange, Yellow, Light Green, Dark Green, Teal, Cyan, Bright Blue, Dilute Blue, Dark Blue, Purple, Pink, Black, White, Gray and Brown must be mated with a male Albino in a checkerboard. These dragons can't be breeds that breed only with their own breed (Splits, Drakes, Pygmies)

2. When the base lineage reaches 3rd gen, the 3rd gen dragon must be mated with another 3rd gen of the next color. 3rd gen Albinos are not acceptable (these can be used to create perfect checkerboards of those two breeds if you wish)

3. The resulting color must be then mated to the result of the next pairing (ie. Red x Orange offspring must be mated with Yellow x Light Green offspring).

4. Keep repeating this process until the lineage reaches 8th gen, then you are done!

5. Each dragon must have "Prism" somewhere in their name representing that they are a part of this project. You may have the 2nd gen onward have "Prism" in their names.

6. You may gift the end result or needed dragons to people who want/need one.

7. Any combinations of dragons can be used in your lineage. Only one contrasting dragon breed from the listing must be used with the albino father but anyone can pick the same breed. It is just the combinations you can't copy. I have decided to relax this rule on account for the slight chance of duplicate combos.

8. Have fun with breeding and naming!

Dragons used:

Albino

Pink: Pink, Sunrise, Black Tea, Flamingo, Rosebud, Arsani, Almandine Pyralspite, Thalassa Xenowyrm

Red: Red, Balloon, Royal Crimson, Red Copper, Heartstealers

Orange: Magi, Sunstone, Cassare, Spessartine Pyralspite, Mageia Xenowyrm

Brown: Ember, Autumn (in season only), Spitfire, Whiptail, Brown Copper, Seragamma Wyvern, Pyro Xenowyrm

Yellow: Gold, Harvest, Golden Wyvern, Brimstone, Imperial Fleshcrownes

Light Green: Pebble, Terrae, Canopy, Fever Wyverns, Gaia Xenowyrm

Dark Green: Vine, Neotropical, Olive, Ribbon Dancer

Teal: Mint, Waterwalker, Green Copper, Undine, Chrono Xenowyrm

Cyan: Skywing, Daydream, Waterhorse

Bright Blue: Water, Ice, Tsunami

Dilute Blue: Guardian, Waverunner, Bleeding moon, Solstice

Dark Blue: Deep Sea, Thunder, Royal Blue

Purple: Purple, Horse, Nhiostrife, Brute

Black: Black, Black Marrow, Turpentine, Falconiform Wyvern

Gray: Gray, Lumina, Shadow Walker, Silver, Stone

White: White, Blacktip, Snow Angel, Frostbite

PLEASE NOTE THAT ROSEBUDS, ARASNIS, HEARTSTEALERS, SOLSTICES, RIBBON DANCERS, AND SNOW ANGELS ONLY MAKE MORE OF THEIR BREED AROUND THE HOLIDAYS!

The member list is a WIP, as well as the White, gray and blacklists.

WE ARE IN NEED OF THREAD MODS. IF INTERESTED, PM ME

Also, if anyone can create some new banners for The Prism Project, feel free to!

Prism Hall of Fame

Flaviel's The End of the Prism

deblogan's Pink Prism Prince MacDubh

daba's Bold Prism Statement

Edited by PhantomoftheWolves

How interesting! And it would dovetail neatly with another lineage project i've been working on...

Give me a bit of time to finish some other small projects up, and then I'd be happy to join this!

Question: do all the third gens have to be 'colors' or is it ok if you get Albino third gens?

Also I'm slowly renaming the dragons I can and picking up eggs of the ones I can't. So far I have two Royal Crimsons, an Olive, and two eggs of both Harvest and Terrae dragons. I should be able to rename some of my Magi and Pink dragons, too; I also now have four Albino males, so I think I'm off to a good start.

Aha, thank you.

...and after renaming a bunch of dragons, I suspect my biggest challenge will be getting enough Albinos to give everyone a mate... at least at first!

Tried breeding my Albino with a Magi, but the egg was an Albino. Now I just have to wait for my other Albino Hatchie to grow up.

you should of kept it. It doesnt matter what 2nd gen egg you get, the ones you should be abandoning are 3rd gen albinos

Can someone give me an example of a checker I've forgotten XP

This is a checker. Males are all one breed and females are all another.

I'm *such* a sucker for a pretty lineage ... Sign me up biggrin.gif

Do my CBs have to have the lineage name, or can I start that with the 2nd gens?

Edited by deblogan

Thinking about signing up, but I have a question about naming:

Rainbow EG takes up a lot of characters and I know we all have naming schemes

would "Prism " in the name be OK especially since it it the "prism project"?????

there are a lot of rainbow EG out there-----but only one "prism"

and I'm in agreement with deblogan naming starting with 2nd gen would help when looking for unrelated mates

Edited by dragonpuck

Red: Red, Balloon, Royal Crimson

Orange: Magi, Sunstone

Yellow: Gold, Harvest, Golden Wyvern, Brimstone

Light Green: Pebble, Terrae, Canopy

Dark Green: Vine, Neotropical, Olive

Teal: Mint, Waterwalker

Cyan: Skywing, Daydream, Waterhorse

Bright Blue: Water, Ice, Tsunami

Dilute Blue: Guardian, Waverunner

Dark Blue: Deep Sea, Thunder, Royal Blue

Purple: Purple, Horse

Pink: Pink, Sunrise

I just plotted my lineage out according to this listing, and found that we need 2 more color groups in order to get to 7th gen. (The diagram with white & black only goes to 7th gen also)

Of course, I'm assuming that we get to pick one dragon from each of these colors to build that color's 3rd gen. Were you intending that we build 3rd gens of EVERY dragon listed under the colors?

Thanks for the clarification biggrin.gif

Oh! And I like dragonpuck's idea about using "Prism" as the identifier in the name.

Edited by deblogan

Welcome deblogan! I do agree that "Prism" is far better than "Rainbow EG" and to answer your questions:

1. all dragons must have "Prism" in their name but you can have the 2nd gen have prism in their names to make it easier to find unrelated mates. It depends on the participant and you can inbreed.

2. Only one contrasting dragon breed from the listing must be used with the albino father but anyone can pick the same breed. It is just the combinations you can't copy.

3. I will add a brown and a black color group so that everyone can reach 8th gen.

Welcome deblogan! I do agree that "Prism" is far better than "Rainbow EG" and to answer your questions:

1. all dragons must have "Prism" in their name but you can have the 2nd gen have prism in their names to make it easier to find unrelated mates. It depends on the participant and you can inbreed.

2. Only one contrasting dragon breed from the listing must be used with the albino father but anyone can pick the same breed. It is just the combinations you can't copy.

3. I will add a brown and a black color group so that everyone can reach 8th gen.

cool, sign me up---

guess I'd better get a few more albinos--- cool.gif