Svataben

Unreasonable Demands

26 minutes ago, blockEdragon said:

Everyone's asking for 2 APs and others are saying that goes to far; I however say that demanding a mere two APs doesn't go far enough!

Therefore I demand THREE APs! 1 for non-holidays, 1 for holidays, and 1 for anything thrown back too many times, holiday or otherwise!

Well, since this is Unreasonable Demands..... How about one AP exclusively for abandoned CBs, one for low-gen 'pretty' lineages, and a third for messies only!

One AP per egg. This is fair, simple, and satisfies everyone who won't mind a ridiculously long front page with thousands of abandoned links.

I demand that the "abandon" action be renamed to "give back" so it doesn't sound so mean anymore. 😛

I want the precognition action to be available at ALL times without me having to stock up on hundreds of Aeons ...

That Prizes wouldn't be so freaking stubborn when it comes to trying to incuhatch them, and that they wouldn't be so stupidly suspectible to sickness. There is literally no reason why they should be like this, when no other breed in the game (apart from Zyus) does this.

I swear, if you're gonna get sick one more time and refuse to hatch...

2 hours ago, Gluria said:

I demand that the "abandon" action be renamed to "give back" so it doesn't sound so mean anymore. 😛

:lol: Omg I was trying to explain DragonCave to a friend and she was just horrified at the 'abandoned page', lol!  Some of the stuff on here definitely sounds a bit iffy when you think about it.

Unreasonable demand of the moment: STUN EGGS!!! I now have *two* eggs that I'll have to let get below 1 day before hatching simply because I need to freeze them ungendered and I don't get any freeze slots back until Saturday. An extra day on their timer would be so helpful!

9 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

:lol: Omg I was trying to explain DragonCave to a friend and she was just horrified at the 'abandoned page', lol!  Some of the stuff on here definitely sounds a bit iffy when you think about it.

Unreasonable demand of the moment: STUN EGGS!!! I now have *two* eggs that I'll have to let get below 1 day before hatching simply because I need to freeze them ungendered and I don't get any freeze slots back until Saturday. An extra day on their timer would be so helpful!

If you stun the hatchies, though, they shouldn't be able to gain any more views for 48h - any help?

3 minutes ago, Amazon_warrior said:

If you stun the hatchies, though, they shouldn't be able to gain any more views for 48h - any help?

....... Omg thank you. lol I totally didn't even think about that.

3 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

....... Omg thank you. lol I totally didn't even think about that.

No worries!  :)

I demand for every dragon whose offspring is sent to the AP to be named.

I caught some very nice babes off the AP and I intend to make a small lineage with them, but the parents are all unnamed :(

Edited by Gluria
Typo

^Seconded. I haven't logged in to Flight Rising in 5 years but I still remembered we could name hatchlings before selling them or before exalting them. Kinda wish we have that here.

Therefore! I demand that we can name eggs before they got let go!

9 minutes ago, scalesofgrey said:

^Seconded. I haven't logged in to Flight Rising in 5 years but I still remembered we could name hatchlings before selling them or before exalting them. Kinda wish we have that here.

Therefore! I demand that we can name eggs before they got let go!

Out of curiosity: Could the new owners change the names or not? :o

29 minutes ago, Soulsborne said:

Out of curiosity: Could the new owners change the names or not? :o

They definitely can. You can change their profile description before your dragons leave the lair too. I remember adding a note in it that said I would offer a name change (I think it was through using a cheap and easily obtainable item - a scroll?) out of my own pocket if they're keeping the dragon.

I unreasonably demand a kind playerbase with fewer loud, squeaky wheels who are predictably displeased at every possible juncture. Those four or five people know who they are.

I also unreasonably demand a full year between events so we could make big cool ones every time.

I unreasonably demand that everyone who PM'd me about spriter alt breedings immediately gets their PM kicked back returned to sender without delivery to my inbox.

I demand more pink dragon breeds and more pygmy breeds.

On 10/25/2018 at 2:38 PM, Ruby Eyes said:

Oh, good point. Re-distribute CB Prizes that happen to be stuck on burnt scrolls!

That's literally like... three dragons.

I demand an AP hunting mode, where clicking an egg takes you directly to its lineage page that also features a re-abandon-immediately-without-password-and-confirmation button.

(because that whole password and confirmation thing does nothing - I found that out the hard way over halloween when I abandoned one of my Arcana hatchies instead of removing its name... 🙈)

I unreasonably demand that when someone disagrees with the majority, but does so in a logical and well reasoned way rather than just being crass and difficult, that half the userbase doesn’t try to smother them just because they dislike differing views.

I unreasonably wish that people wouldn’t put down those who, through their well-reasoned criticisms, have helped push for improvements such as:

- The market, which gives even players with horrible internet connections and busy lives a chance to earn rares;

- Groups, which add a much needed way for users to organize hundreds of thousands  of dragons;

- Higher scroll limits, keeping active players more interested in the game;

- Fertility, to help prevent frustrating, random refusals;

- The return of rose winged Solstices, 

- The return of Frills and Old Pinks;

- The return of CB old Holidays for the thousands of newer users who missed out on them;

- And all the other miscellaneous things that, without well-reasoned criticism, would never have been added to improve the game.

I unreasonably wish that there wasn’t a seperate chat linked to from the forums where certain users go to make fun of those they disagree with.

I also unreasonably wish that apologies would be accepted and sleeping dogs let lie.

But that would be asking a lot, wouldn’t it?

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

*sends hugs to @angelicdragonpuppy*

I demand to find a Chicken or Paper in the Coast, tonight, so I can stop worrying about getting my 3rd Coast dragon for the raffle. Also, every Nebula I find in the AP should be super-messy. 

I wish that every user could see different dragons on the cave so they good always pick up the things they want if they see it. And to make things even better, continuous drops where eggs chnage at every resfresh.

Hey, this is unreasonable demands, right? 😛

Anyway, I offer free hugs to anyone who feels down, sad or frustrated. 🤗😛

My unreasonable demand of the day - a button that lets me instantly spawn CB Siyats and Kingcrownes on my scroll, any day, any time. Or maybe it could turn any egg/hatchling I have on my scroll into a CB Kingcrowne or a Siyat (with the option to let me choose the color). I can never have enough of those beauties.

14 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

I unreasonably demand that when someone disagrees with the majority, but does so in a logical and well reasoned way rather than just being crass and difficult, that half the userbase doesn’t try to smother them just because they dislike differing views.

I unreasonably wish that people wouldn’t put down those who, through their well-reasoned criticisms, have helped push for improvements such as:

- The market, which gives even players with horrible internet connections and busy lives a chance to earn rares;

- Groups, which add a much needed way for users to organize hundreds of thousands  of dragons;

- Higher scroll limits, keeping active players more interested in the game;

- Fertility, to help prevent frustrating, random refusals;

- The return of rose winged Solstices, 

- The return of Frills and Old Pinks;

- The return of CB old Holidays for the thousands of newer users who missed out on them;

- And all the other miscellaneous things that, without well-reasoned criticism, would never have been added to improve the game.

I unreasonably wish that there wasn’t a seperate chat linked to from the forums where certain users go to make fun of those they disagree with.

I also unreasonably wish that apologies would be accepted and sleeping dogs let lie.

But that would be asking a lot, wouldn’t it?

I have a sneaking suspicion that "logical and well reasoned" is up for interpretation and those people may be surprised at the gap between their own-self image and how they are actually received. It takes a certain, idk, lack of self-awareness to get a reputation for being argumentative, selfish, demanding, and egotistical. Dealing with folks in that category is genuinely one of the harder facets of being a content creator for this site.

Your apology in the news thread the other day was perfectly appropriate. For clarity, my above unreasonable demand was not authored as a dig toward that in any way. I feel a little bad that's how you took it, so please allow me to reassure you that you did great and the two things are in fact unrelated.  My gripe above is the summation of literally a decade of experience being a Dragon Cave content creator. In fact, 10 years this Christmas. Nono, you're fine, don't worry.

Also that list of "victories" were as much authored by internal pressures from the content creators here as anyone. I would, in your situation, be hesitant to claim them.

22 hours ago, Marrionetta said:

I demand more pink dragon breeds and more pygmy breeds.

Clearly, we need Pink Pygmies! :D

(I didn't check DR before making this demand so I don't know *how* unreasonable this is.)

Edited by Ruby Eyes

3 hours ago, Marrionetta said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that "logical and well reasoned" is up for interpretation and those people may be surprised at the gap between their own-self image and how they are actually received. It takes a certain, idk, lack of self-awareness to get a reputation for being argumentative, selfish, demanding, and egotistical. Dealing with folks in that category is genuinely one of the harder facets of being a content creator for this site.

Your apology in the news thread the other day was perfectly appropriate. For clarity, my above unreasonable demand was not authored as a dig toward that in any way. I feel a little bad that's how you took it, so please allow me to reassure you that you did great and the two things are in fact unrelated.  My gripe above is the summation of literally a decade of experience being a Dragon Cave content creator. In fact, 10 years this Christmas. Nono, you're fine, don't worry.

Also that list of "victories" were as much authored by internal pressures from the content creators here as anyone. I would, in your situation, be hesitant to claim them.

Thanks for that. With what happened it was hard to not see it as a directed comment.

The creators put amazing work into events—I’m still boggled by the Christmas ones, and even “simpler” events like the Valentine flower messages and the snow forts have an amazing amount of work and artistic talent put into them—for free! To say nothing of the dragons. So while I do speak when I see something I dislike I try to keep things positive and put my praises in as well. I am sorry if I ever come off as straight up negative. I do see the awesome, and try to comment on it. After all, if I didn’t enjoy the game more than my dislikes, I wouldn’t be here. So whether I’m in that group or not, seperate from the news thing—there’s my 50 cents and a thank you. Magelights are especially terrific. ;)

Oh I know there was—things couldn’t have come back without creator approval, after all—but in some cases there was a lot of pushback about bringing things back. Sometimes direct opposition! So while you’re 100% right that creators made it happen, I also think that persistent asking from the userbase—some admittedly obnoxious and too harsh, but even more pleading, polite, pleasant and above all persistent—helped change a few minds and spur the finding of solutions. We didn’t make anything happen purely by ourselves, but we did keep asking for it and arguing for it, for years, in some cases. Perhaps some would have returned without that asking—I think a handful would have, for sure—but others I think would still be gone and done, if no one had objected their leaving.

And even more so for the QoL things unrelated to dragons. The market wasn’t implemented exactly as the userbase suggested, but a lot of good ideas were certainly lifted from the community.

I’m happy with the part the userbase played, even if it was only a part :) (although to give full credit where credit is due—none of that would have happened either without TJ programming, so thanks for that as well!)

And this is where I start singing “we’re all in this together, togetherrr” so I’ll leave now, ehehhe.

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

I demand for the Spirit Ward cycle to be switched so I can see the iluminated versions more often instead of only for half an hour when I'm up reeeeeeally early. (Wrong timezone here.)

Okay, this is a strange one, but: I demand the ability to swap lineages among same-breed dragons. Why? Because I have a messy-frozen *regular*-Black army, and a wonderful messy Black just alted. I want to put that wonderfully messy lineage on a regular Black to freeze.