Skellybones

League of Legends - Needing people to be active...

[Caitlyn says that this stupid girl writing for her is incredibly lazy and lacks priorities.]

"You know, I thought I read somewhere that you were hunting for those descendants. I've been wrong before. Once or twice, but it's happened." Caitlyn replied. She needed another person to show up, because Thresh might consider her one of those 'special' souls and trap her inside his lantern thing. Imagine all the criminals who would get away scot-free. Not to mention Vi would be in charge. She'd just go in without a plan.

Edited by RainDash

One can read a lot about me. That is not to say it is true. The only one who could even think of coming close to what the truth is, is me.

He shook his head, obviously holding back one small piece of information.

Trust the books on one thing, though. I won't stop before I get the soul I want, you can't do anything to stop me. I believe some stupid mortal thought hiding in the League was a good idea.

Thresh chuckled, reminiscing how he had eventually found their soul. Silly mortals thought that he would merely forget about them if they stayed within the ranks for long enough. Half the time they got themselves killed in it, anyway.

So the north was peaceful. Kind of.

Ashe wasn't sure how long that would last. Moreover, she felt a particular emptiness as her heart sought other champions. Sure, there would those few from her tribe and the two others in the north, but no one came anymore and she was lonesome. Lonesome and terribly cold. The icy fingers of the white winds had secured their holds around her heart, growing their roots and setting them in place. Each time they were shaken off, they returned shortly thereafter and, eventually, Ashe stopped trying. What was the point in fighting a battle that she could never win? She didn't see it.

So she set off, going away from her northern home and wandering, looking for something, anything. She wasn't quite sure where she was anymore. It was definitely warmer than her own homeland, but most places were. She couldn't really recognize any scenery. Had it really been that long? So long that she'd forgotten about the outside. Oh well. She had her bow and quiver, so any attackers would be unpleasantly surprised if it came to that. However, she hoped the peace would hold.

"Well. Long as it isn't mine, I figure that its all right." Caitlyn replied, still creeped out by the shadow dude. "Speaking of the League, have you felt it? The weird atmosphere around here. Its kinda stifling. It's connected to the League I think." Caitlyn said as a shiver came over her. Something about shadows and darkness... ominous things were happening.

If Thresh had them, he would have raised his eyebrows in genuine surprise.

Ominous? I can't say I've felt anything of the sort for at least... five centuries.

He moved one gloved hand to his chin, looking thoughtful once more. For a moment, it would have seemed as if he was 'scenting' the air.

Now you mention it... There does seem to be... something...

If he had them, his eyes would have narrowed.

There!

He cast his lantern out, throwing it into the shadows. The sickly green glow cast its light on the shadows. The thing was, they didn't disperse.

Why, isn't this a surprise...

"Fantastic. Shadows are just hanging out when they're supposed to flee. Can't it ever be simple and clear cut?" She spoke as she loaded her rifle and aimed at the shadows. Illegal? Not if a threat was detected. She could explain her actions and Thresh would back her up. At least, she hoped he would. She took aim and fired three times at them, hoping that whatever it was would be harmed by the bullets. It probably wouldn't, but she could hope.

((Oooh, I almost forgot to add Aatrox...))

The bullets pierced holes in the shadows, showing the way through to yet another bright street. The shadows took a few moments to cover up the holes, whilst, at the same time, moving to cover the lantern's glow. Two strange triangles opened, as what seemed to be eyes.

Thresh turned his head slightly to glance at Caitlyn.

Something tells me shadows aren't meant to do that.

"You know, maybe we should run. If bullets on serve to censorkip.gif it off, and your lantern's an annoyance, I don't think we'd get out of this without being revived elsewhere..." Caitlyn was backing away from the shadows. She knew better than to simply charge at an enemy that would simply recover and just fight back without even flinching. Not to mention if this was the source of her bad feelings, then something more was afoot. She didn't ignore her gut, even if it said 'walk off a cliff'.

Thresh sighed.

You mortals have no backbone. No wandering what exactly would happen. If we have to fight these, then surely we need to learn as much as we can from them now, while they're not crawling all over us?

He took a step forward, cautiously reeling his lantern back to his hand. The shadows parted to let it by, but the eyes did not disappear.

Surely we still have some sort of... duty to help out mortals if there is some sort of big... crisis?

Thresh took another step, beginning to swing his scythe. The chains clanged together eerily.

"I wouldn't say that I don't have a backbone, more that I know that I'm going to die and preferring not to. However, if we're going to play Suicide, I can't just let you beat this thing all by yourself!" Caitlyn loaded her gun and shot at the shadow. "I assume you have a plan?" She was cycling through her abilities. Net was out, Ace in the Hole would only blow a hole in the ground, tribble trap was just stupid to use now, and she would only be dangerous to bystanders.

Thresh threw his scythe, like a lasso, into the shadows, swinging it back around beside him as it missed. He took note the hesitation Caitlyn showed, and said, song in his voice.

But of course not. Plans never work!

He took another step, moving closer to the shadows. They did nothing but part to let the pair's attacks slide through.

((Thresh says plans are for the weak))

[Caitlyn says that they're going to die pointlessly.]

"I should have expected as much. I mean, this is the ghost who just randomly," She shot at the shadows three more times. Nothing but a waste of bullets happened. "Goes around taking souls of people. No plan would ever make any sense with you anyway." She was reloading, knowing that this was a waste of time. "However, I have a most excellent plan in mind. Run for it and hope it doesn't follow."

((Thresh disagrees. He says they're gonna die for science!))

Thresh turned to her, all vigor gone.

But... It's been years since we've done this. Why not just once? Dying isn't that bad... Anyway, they haven't attacked us yet.

He looked back toward the dark, anger flaring up. The flames of his soul burned brighter, higher, lashing out along his weapon and lantern.

All we need to do is find its weakness. It's the same with ever single living thing.

"How do we know its living? I mean, its made of shadows and is glaring at us. It could or could not be alive." Caitlyn glanced at hi, at the shadow, then back at him. "Well, if we die, then we come back stronger..." The shadow made her wary of the... what did summoners call it? Respawn? That would bring them back from the dead. Not with an unknown enemy like this. Her weapons were too destructive to be used over and over... some Genius she was! She scolded herself as she rammed her rifle butt into the ground. she had backups in Piltover, even if this one busted.