JelloTickles

After The Moment

((*Taps foot impatiently due to thinking that we have enough people to start*

Seriously, is there enough people? X3))

Edited by animals4501

((If you wait until all of the ranks are filled out, you'll be here for ages and will probably loose RP'ers more than you'd gain them. Sometimes ranks don't get filled in immediately. What people do is add in NPC's, etc.))

((^that. I agree on NPCS, in my old RP, I used them when I didn't have enough characters to fill out a role (which was Lark's tribe. No one else wanted to be in a tribe of night furies xd.png)))

((OK!))

Thanatos flicked his tail in annoyance, the bone tip snapping back against the ground. It left a thin, tapering line in the slightly damp earth. He raised his muzzle, let out a low-pitched screech that could be heard from miles around. His eyes blazed with sudden anger, his wings flapping angrily as he reared from the ground. He snarled at the dragon before him, advancing with new, more menacing vigour. The mint dragon shied away in terror, trying to escape from the inevitable. You couldn't escape once he targeted you. It was strange. Thanatos crept forward, digging his claws into the ground slightly harder than necessary. They left deep, four-toed foot prints. The clearing the two dragons were in was littered with bones, each of them hollow and yellowing in the half-light. The entrance to a small cave was barely visible from the foliage covering it. A dragon's skull lay pressed into the mud that made the roof, sun-bleached from years of lying there. Trees had deep scratch marks etched into them, and had entire branches stripped from their trunks up to around ten meters. Above, the trees did all they could to gather sunlight and rain, sheltering the dismal clearing from the watching humans, and dragons. Thanatos voiced his fury, suddenly rushing forward in a flurry of teeth, claws and bone. The poor mint dragon was smashed against the tree behind her, to be greeted with a welcome coolness.

Coron watched the bustling dragons, an unreadable expression on her face. Her crimson eyes glowed, then she turned when she heard the sound of Cier approaching. "What?" She asked bluntly.

"A dragon has been spotted trying to sneak in," Cier replied, just as explicit. "We want to know how to deal with it."

"What type is it?" Coron growled.

"It's a Black." Cier replied.

"Tell the Warriors that they need to deal with it." Coron mumbled. "It's probably just trying to steal food."

"Yes, thank you, ma'am." Cier said, dipping his head and padding off.

Coron narrowed her eyes further. Something seemed... Off.

user posted image

Rinai lay on a large, flat boulder, spreading his large green wings while he basked in the heat of sun. The scout twisted his slim head back and forth, his glittering emerald eyes taking in every single detail; the sound of a mouse scuttling in the dense undergrowth and a lizard weaving it's way to hiding under a rock. He stood up and stretched, extending his body to it's fullest. His large wings and long neck and legs cast a huge shadow on the floor below, making him look slightly threatening. Finally, Rinai leapt off the boulder and glided down to his ruler. He descended and dropped down next to Coron, where he gazed up at her, expecting an order. Rinai flexed his claws, ready for anything that might be blocking his path as he waited for Cier to finish his discussion with the Geode. The Neotropical bowed his head in a submissive gesture and murmured. "If you would like, I could look around for more nukes, or scan the area of New York once again." Although Rinai sounded nonchalant, he was anxious to take flight again to prove his worth to his respected leader.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Coron's expressionless gaze landed on Rinai. "I guess. But you could be more useful by helping the warriors find the rogue Black." She said flatly. "I'm sure Cier would like your help." She waved her tail in the direction where Cier went. Then she hopped down, landing rather clumsily due to her wings not supporting flight. "I'll be checking on the others if you need me, Rinai." She said.

user posted image

Rinai nodded to Coron formally, trying to hide his disappointment as he whirled around to race after Cier. He silently wished for a direct order from Coron, just for him to complete successfully. He wanted to do it all by himself, to prove himself as a worthy dragon, gaining trust and respect from all others. But just as he left, Rinai noticed Coron stumble as she leapt down from her high mount on a boulder. The Neotropical smirked impulsively, but he quickly concealed it with a cough as he ran faster to find Cier. As a scout, he caught the scent of the Yulebuck easily and was standing beside to well-known warrior in a few moments. Rinai swiveled his head, ears, and eyes back and forth, searching the area for any sign of a Black dragon; dark scales, glinting claws or fangs, the trace of a scent, the crack of a twig. He crouched beside Cier, and spoke in a hushed voice. "Cier, where did you last see this rogue? Did he have any sign of injuries and/or did he carry any weapons along with him? Were there any more rogues?" Rinai spoke with quiet authority, carrying on his job as an experienced scout.

Edited by SpiritWolfe

Cier gave Rinai a serious look. "The Black dragon was skinny and small, it looked like it was malnourished." He explained, then spread his icy blue wings. "Reports of the same dragon around here are many, and the latest one claimed that the Black was a female, and she was heading toward the food supply." He let out a rare smile. "She must have been desperate; she left this behind." He held up a scrap of red cloth. Then he froze as he heard the clacking of rocks falling. "Someone is raiding the storage room!" He exclaimed, gathering up a few other dragons and running toward the sound.

((Just a side note- I am going to be VERY active in this RP, due to me having the leader of the dragon army x3))

((Heh, I might be inactive if I have nothing to do with Thanatos, but I'll probably be checking every day.))

Thanatos enjoyed eating the marrow of bones. And that was what the mint dragon- bones. He threw them carelessly onto the pile when he had finished, long tongue licking the smooth bone of his skull. He stood, standing tall for a black marrow, and wandered into his cave, before curling up, and laying his head on the ground. That would be his last meal in a while. Dragons normally didn't stray off course, this one must have been new. Or just incredibly stupid. The Black Marrow smiled with pleasure. He did have to wait for a while, but when they did come, it was bliss. He curled his tail around him, letting it fall just beside his nose, before shutting his eyes.

Edited by Shadowwolf6

((Even though Spirit hasn't replied, Cier's got a job to do, so he's gonna do it.))

Cier snarled at the skinny, hopeless Black who was stealing the food. He leapt on her, waiting for her to stop struggling before he planted a paw on her neck.

"What are you doing here, rogue?" Cier snarled.

(Small amount of NPC control. It's temporary.)

The Black's eyes were glazed and cloudy. "Please," she wheezed, "I won't do you any harm!"

Cier lifted the pressure on the helpless Black, his heart sinking. "What happened to you?" He whispered.

"I was kicked out of my clan and forced to live on my own before I was even ready!" The Black rasped.

"I'll take you back to Coron and see what she wants to do with you." Cier said kindly. The Black thanked him.

(I just thought to have this NPC reveal a little more about my charries- once the Black is in good shape again she'll be sent back off to live on her own happy.gif)

Perfect.

Just damn perfect.

The war with the dragons was already going badly, giant flying lizards that could breathe fire were by no means easy targets. Plus, some of them could figuratively give science the middle finger (or was it claw?) by using magic. The official term for that was "willful subversion of known physics", but it was basically magic. Of course, the magic part was for the most part kept from the public eye. The really detailed stuff about it were major secrets that only certain scientists and higher-ranking officials had the clearance to know about it. Brett had a feeling that some of the research being conducted on captured dragons would instantly get the ire of animal-rights activists, but he didn't know for sure.

Anyways, the dragons were getting real close to massing a giant force at Scranton to take an bigger chunk of Pennsylvania according to intelligence. Morale of the troops there was much lower than what Lieutenant Brett Kessler expected. He had to go there with several other officers and soldiers to cripple the draconian army there or possibly take Scranton.

He was in a hastily set up camp that was barely fifteen miles from there. Sooner or later, the dragon would find out. The army had to strike quickly. Overland troops could only do so much. Where was the airborne support? He sat in his tent, reviewing the plan with the other lieutenants and awaiting news of the air support's arrival. Without them, facing a large amount of dragons would be suicidal.

((I'll post as Tephinix later.))

Heiwa ws lying down in the green foliage, her coloring helping somewhat with camouflaging her large body . She was stretched, almost a full length, her body looked relaxed, but he'd eyes shown tension. This war, is it really necessary? Can't we live in peace? What am I thinking. She kept telling herself. She could hear the clear sounds of the war. The airships dropping weapons, the gun sounds clashing with screams of agony. Let's see what I can hunt. She got up, and scrambled through the bushes, trying to catch the scent of prey, which was bound to be almost impossible. I need to get even rather away from the battle. She kept crawling through the bracken, trying very hard not to get noticed.

Coron's gaze flooded with sympathy when she saw the sick Black. "Screw you being a rogue, you need care now." She demanded, cold determination in her eyes. "Cier, make the others get this poor thing some food." She snapped. Cier blinked. "O...kay?" He said, heading to the storage room again.

((I guess i'll let you guys RP this until something big happens, like the dragons invading land or the human army invading dragon land.))

((Seems like some people forgot about this thread.))

(( I haven't forgotten I just have so much homework))

((Probably won't do much, but here goes xd.png))

Thanatos raised his muzzle. Something had woken the old dragon. Bangs raged through the air. A low growl rumbled through the black marrow's throat. He stood, tail thrashing angrily. How dare the humans invade his home! He had thought they had gotten the message. After all, numerous humans had... Disappeared over the course of the war so far, making a wide circle around his cave. Not unlike what the humans called the 'Bermuda triangle'. Except circular. And on land. They should also know why their units had... Gone... Thanatos had collected numerous human skulls for his collection. Their stupidity surprised the dragon.

((let me try posting))

Heiwa trusted her head above the bushes, on high alert for the sounds of humans and prey. Hearing nothing, except for the noises of war, she crouched back down. Eventually she smelt a familiar scent, and it wafted past her nose. Rabbit? She thought, as she reached a small clearing, with a rabbit nibbling on some grass on the other side of it. A rabbit ain't much, but something is better than nothing. She leapt, limbs fully outstretched, pointed directly at the rabbit. It perked it's ears and took one step away, but it was too late, as the jaws enveloped the mammal, snapping its neck. Heiwa feasted on it with glee, not realizing that she wasn't exactly well hidden anymore

((*Poke* I forgot about this, and I bet other people probably did. Just wondering whether anyone wants to continue?))