TJ09

2013-04-07 - April Release

Yeah, the drops are flying by. I think people are clicking indiscriminately, and with 200-odd even 100-odd people in the biome...

I'm really feeling lucky that I managed to get mine when I did, at the very beginning. It seems kinda brutal in the Volcano Biome right now!

other people just have faster connections ;n;

Yeah... so true. I really miss my fast connection :/ My current connection is fairly slow (if not very slow sometimes!)

Personally I'll be getting at least four crimson eggs if possible so that I can gift to a friend who has slow net and can't catch for herself. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Anyone playing in the cave has the right to catch as many eggs of any variety as they are able for any reason they see fit.

well that's you being charitable. I've seen people with 6 or 7 crimson eggs, which is just plain ridiculous and not giving other people a chance to even grab one for themselves, especially if we have slow computers/connections :/

well that's you being charitable. I've seen people with 6 or 7 crimson eggs, which is just plain ridiculous and not giving other people a chance to even grab one for themselves, especially if we have slow computers/connections :/

look at it this way, if they are full of the eggs, they won't be catching anymore wink.gif

It doesn't matter why someone is catching. They will eventually be egglocked either way. Calling others out for playing the game the way it's intended to be played isn't exactly making anyone want to be charitable in your direction. If you were nicer about it someone might be willing to gift you one.

Having ridiculously bad internet myself (I can't believe it cooperated as well as it did last night! o.o), I do know that feeling of frustration when others are getting tons of eggs and you can't seem to catch them. That's just the way of the game, though, and people with fast internet'll get locked soon enough - at which point there'll be more opportunity for slower ones. No need to get angry with people who like to collect lots of each breed. ^^

Edited by Imbecamiel

As I said earlier, I was here at the stroke of midnight to fight with that crowd to get my five, and I'm not going to blush or feel all 'grabby handed' about it.

Bred a daydreamxwhite but I'm annoyed at the amount of people who have 3+ crimson eggs. Give other people a chance, jeez :/

I know, right? You might call me a hypocrite because of my third egg, but it was an accident for trying to catch a silver.

It doesn't matter why someone is catching. They will eventually be egglocked either way. Calling others out for playing the game the way it's intended to be played isn't exactly making anyone want to be charitable in your direction. If you were nicer about it someone might be willing to gift you one.

if i was nicer? I'm not calling you out specifically. I just think it's unfair that, even if they egglock themselves, hoarding the eggs doesn't exactly give others a chance to grab their own. I'm tired and I stayed up past midnight to see if I could get an egg for nothing :/ I'm just a bit bummed out is all. i'm getting far too frustrated i'm going to bed

Edited by Redquaza

if i was nicer? I'm not calling you out specifically. I just think it's unfair that, even if they egglock themselves, hoarding the eggs doesn't exactly give others a chance to grab their own. I'm tired and I stayed up past midnight to see if I could get an egg for nothing :/ I'm just a bit bummed out is all.

Life isn't fair. If you don't like the way the game is played then I don't know why you're playing. Attacking others, even passive-aggressively, isn't going to do you any favors. If you try waiting a day or two then there will be a ton of people gifting like there always is after a new release and I'm sure you'll be able to get a few then without any trouble.

I'm really feeling lucky that I managed to get mine when I did, at the very beginning. It seems kinda brutal in the Volcano Biome right now!

Yup, that's why I try to nab new releases right when they come out. The first drop's always slightly easier, I think.

I'm just a bit bummed out is all.

Often people who express frustration or upset over not being able to grab any new eggs end up being gifted a couple - I know it can be rough, but maybe it'd be better to communicate your feelings right off the bat instead of dissing others? I totally understand being bummed out, and I think a lot of other players do, too.

Bred a daydreamxwhite but I'm annoyed at the amount of people who have 3+ crimson eggs. Give other people a chance, jeez :/

This happens every release, but seriously... Some people (like me) grab eggs and 'hoard' them at the beginning because we can't catch them the rest of the time. I have three cb blusangs only and that's because I 'hoarded' them when they first dropped.

Everyone has different playing styles and there is no such thing as too many of any dragon, otherwise TJ would have limits on them. smile.gif One person having a few crimsons now doesn't mean that you won't have opportunities to get your fill of them - these are permanent, they're not going anywhere!

Edited by kerrikins

So what if someone has 6 or 7 Crimson eggs? Everybody will be able to grab them eventually.

It's not "plain ridiculous", it's DC. It literally states in the help file that:

The goal is to grab dragon eggs and raise them to adulthood by having others click on them. There are over 90 different kinds of dragon to collect; how you play is completely up to you.

So what if someone has 6 or 7 Crimson eggs? Everybody will be able to grab them eventually.

It's not "plain ridiculous", it's DC.

I have 6 Crimson eggs, but I'm trying to TRADE THEM for the new glow eggs..I don't think its unfair to grab Crimson eggs to try to trade for something I want.

I get a total of 8-10 CBs per a release. I try getting them as quick as possible because I don't know if I'll have time to get them when they start thinning out.

I wish I wasn't egg locked so I could grab a pair for my friend LOL but I think the silver I just gave her makes up for it wink.gif

I normally get nothing for about 24 hours,then get lucky for only 5 mins tongue.gif and that's that, then a few scatter one here and there, so i just keep hunting and hunting.

I have 6 Crimson eggs, but I'm trying to TRADE THEM for the new glow eggs..I don't think its unfair to grab Crimson eggs to try to trade for something I want.

It's not unfair to catch eggs at all...as long as people don't use scrips and whatnot to cheat, catching eggs is pretty much the goal in DC.

New releases always become more common as time goes by (unless they're meant to be rares I suppose) and there will always be people gifting them after a while. Give it a bit of time everyone. :3

Anyway, I hadn't even commented here earlier, so thank you TJ and artists for the new pretties! I really like the hybrid hatchies but the red ones are very well done too. <3

Then you missed a Silver! Lol xd.png I'm so glad the Glitterballs aren't dropping in the cave or I'd have a heart attack every time I saw that description.

Oh my Ra yes! Then think how hard the silvers would have been to grab. xd.png Two eggs dropping with the same description, lets not be like the pinks please. xd.png Still, I'm glad they're bred ones though, and with a very nice coupling too. <3

Edited by DarkFire1

I just have to mention that I find it a hilarious coincidence that, out of the ones I've done, these particular ones would be the second ones TJ picked to release. (It's funny for Reasons which shall become apparent later, and which I am now feeling rather silly over. *g*)

At least I think it's just coincidence, but then TJ might've gotten lulz out of it too, I guess...

I have three crimsons, because I know that if I don't grab them now, I probably won't be able to grab them later. Think I'm kidding? I missed out on the blusangs when they dropped and I haven't been able to get a single CB one.

if i was nicer? I'm not calling you out specifically. I just think it's unfair that, even if they egglock themselves, hoarding the eggs doesn't exactly give others a chance to grab their own. I'm tired and I stayed up past midnight to see if I could get an egg for nothing :/ I'm just a bit bummed out is all. i'm getting far too frustrated i'm going to bed

People just want to catch some so that in case they are rare, they have a good breeding stock (sort of like Blusangs). I myself am guilty of this, but great things come to those who wait. wink.gif

If you wait a few days, you can apply in the New Release gifting thread... It would take the stress out of cave hunting. Plus, in a couple of months the Crimsons will be another blocker, hopefully. (But I will be hoarding xd.png)

I caught 4 crimson eggs and traded 2 away for the glitterballs. I am planning on catching more crimsons. Releases will always be difficult to get, even if people didn't grab many eggs for themselves, and it's really not anyone's place to point out how many eggs is "too many" for one person to grab during a release. I, for example, am going out of town soon and may not get a chance to catch these for some months. If they end up quite rare, it may be a very long wait.

Here at home I have VERY slow internet, and I've managed to snag some anyway. Catching is, quite honestly, mostly nothing but luck and patience.