TJ09

2013-04-07 - April Release

I've been finding Soulpeace eggs in the AP as well, unfortunately the last two I caught were inbred sad.gif. Oh well, I intended to freeze one of each stage at some point....

Well - now that I know the names, a lineage has been set for me:

Royal Crimson x Sunstone

I already have a Royal Blue x Moonstone line - so why not go with a Red Line

And I may jump on the bandwagon and do Soulpeace x Ultraviolet - though I am also considering Lumina

EVVVVVVerything is super laggy right now - I tried looking at a lineage on someone else's Scroll and it took a day to load! The last hourly drop was really weird too - never DID see any Crimson eggs, just the other dog eggs by ones and twos. How does that happen?

Scripts grabbing the target eggs at puter speeds so that nobody even sees them?

A lot of people probably still have the ones given out years ago on a site that someone on a thread had alerted us to, and there were others, of course, so it needn't be those/old ones either.

Name like Soulpeace, I wonder if they have a mediating effect - like if your dragons rejected one another for breeding, the soulpeace dragon could reset the preferences for you so that you have a chance of breeding them again.

*bubbles with curiousity*

Ya being able to login without typing a captcha makes scripts very easy to run. I feared that would happen when DC stopped asking for captcha last month sad.gif

Ya being able to login without typing a captcha makes scripts very easy to run. I feared that would happen when DC stopped asking for captcha last month sad.gif

Well, if it IS greedy cheaters using scripts in hogging all of the sought-after dragons and spoiling the Release for the rest of us, I hope we all get to pelt them with rotten eggs and moldy cheese...

Too bad that in any such case TJ couldn't up the amounts to cover the thefts so that we'd at least have a chance...

Edit: I have no idea how these things work, but I do recall reading that the problem was that they (at that time, at any rate) read like a regular browser, and therefore couldn't be distinguished, but would this type be something that somebody would install on their puter and just carry in with them, or would it necessarily be a roaming bot not controlled by anyone that would have to solve the CAPTCHA on its own?

Edited by Syphoneira

Well, if it IS greedy cheaters using scripts in hogging all of the sought-after dragons and spoiling the Release for the rest of us, I hope we all get to pelt them with rotten eggs and moldy cheese...

Too bad that in any such case TJ couldn't up the amounts to cover the thefts so that we'd at least have a chance...

Who knows if people are cheating...but when I see people with huge numbers so quickly with so many other people struggling to get even 1(I do have one, caught somehow early this AM), it kind of makes me wonder. I'm guessing some were there when the release was announced so they immediately had a better chance, less competition, more eggs.Or traded or something. I still say it would be a lot nicer if people were limited to 4 eggs/scroll for the first few days and give those of us with slower computer and who might well be in bed at the rather late release hours a fighting chance.

I've been finding Soulpeace eggs in the AP as well, unfortunately the last two I caught were inbred sad.gif. Oh well, I intended to freeze one of each stage at some point....

I saw a 2nd gen soulpeace go by a while ago when I was hunting the AP for hatchies, but I was egg locked at the time, sadly. tongue.gif My count at the moment is 6 crimsons (and I traded a few as well) and 4 soulpeaces.

Can't wait for people's to start growing up so we can see what the BSA is! biggrin.gif

Who knows if people are cheating...but when I see people with huge numbers so quickly with so many other people struggling to get even 1(I do have one, caught somehow early this AM), it kind of makes me wonder.  I'm guessing some were there when the release was announced so they immediately had a better chance, less competition, more eggs.Or traded or something. I still say it would be a lot nicer if people were limited to 4 eggs/scroll for the first few days and give those of us with slower computer and who might well be in bed at the rather late release hours a fighting chance.

Actually, I have a laggy puter, no F-5. tendon damage in both hands and arms and an old mouse going progressively more haywire and random all the time, although I can't find anything in/on it like dirt or a hair or anything and think that it may have been damaged in my recent move, as my puter was down for some time afterward with what proved to have been a loose card thingy inside.

The only reason I managed to catch 3 pairs of new dragons over 5 hourly Drops was because I caught them during the Flood, and if I don't get new eggs at that point, I'm not getting them possibly for months.

Fast people can come in later and catch their fill, but I really don't think that slow people waiting up/lucky enough to get in on the Flood - when they do at least have a chance - should be penalized for their efforts/luck.

Edit: also, we've been having New Releases with humungous numbers of people for years, and while the Cave commonly gets laggy and has been known to crash completely, we've never had these weird single-egg, pause, 2 egg, pause-type Drops before, that I can recall.

Ever.

Re-edit: can you?

Would TJ experiment in such a fashion as to spoil the excitement for so many effectively wasting time/shut out of catching what sometimes appear to be no new dragons in these Drops following a New Release?

It could be a glitch, though.

Edited by Syphoneira

i dunno if its scripts or just TJ tinkering with the drops.

i tried to catche some more crimson eggs for the new release thread earlier this morning before i egg locked myself with other breeds and had no luck.

but just this drop i went in and did the F5 trick. refreshed for 6 times and had Crimson after Crimson egg sit there, clicked on and got the over burdened message. so they are still catchable and i think if scripts were the issue then that wouldn't have happened.

edit - i wasn't hunting before now so i didn't see the sparadic drop; but that did happen before an hour after the new release (1am EST Sunday)

edit 2 - and again. refreshed for 5 times, clicked with a Crimson egg steadily in that 3rd spot and got the over burdened message.

i dont think the issue is scripts

Edited by Red2111

Some people are just good at catching new releases. For whatever reason, that is when I am at my best at catching, any other time of year I have horrible luck and really can't catch much, but I can new releases fairly easily. I remember that I had really good luck when trios first were released, I had a fairly easy time getting them while others struggled.

I'm betting the new BSA is healing, just from looking at the Soulpeace's (forever glitterball in my head) description...but that doesn't mean we're not purposefully getting fooled.

They can't have grown up yet. I grabbed mine at midnight, minutes after they were released. I then incubated them. Mine still have 5 days 7 hours to go before growing up completely, and they are among the oldest of the Crimsons, and are growing up a day faster than usual because of the Incubate.

It took people a few hours to figure out the right combo to get the Soulpeace dragons, so the oldest of those won't grow up until sometime after 5 days 7 hours. So if they are the ones with the BSA, we won't know for a while yet.

TJ is the only one who can possibly have grown dragons from the new release yet, and he's not telling.

Actually, we should know as soon as the first Crimsons grow up; if they don't have the BSA then that means the Soulpeaces do.

This sprites are lovely!!!! I really love Soulpeace Dragons, it is so close to being my favorite, it's close to the blusangs omg I love it!!!

Gah, nothing but misclicks this go round. Now I'm locked with them. It's not all bad though. I snapped up a Black, and my 2nd misclicked Magma so I can't really complain. I love both dragons and want a small army of each. I have a strange feeling that's going to take a long, long time.. rolleyes.gif

I'll try again for the very elusive RC's tomorrow. Luck hunting everyone!

I wish my one soulpeace is going to grow up soon! Cuz I can't wait to see what it does if it has the BSA! biggrin.gif

Personally I'm guessing the Soulpeaces have the BSA. Because. Um. I dunno? They seem more likely to have a BSA.

I actually don't have any CB Daydreams, but I do have a buttload of CB whites.

I wish there was a way for us to get some of them...it would be better if 100 people weren't going for the same one, I think there's getting to be too many people on DC, even ones who leave, and it's crowding and causing lags

I love both new dragons!

And I finally managed to catch a Royal Crimson... and three of them after days of nothing! *O*