Sylverfinger

The Civil War

((Sorry for disappearing for a while; I had a load of pressing things that completely stripped me of RP time.))

Casimir

Casimir leaned forward and engaged Julia in talk instantly after the girl servant left. "There's been word that the rebels have crept out of their mountain hideout and are about to mount an assault towards the city and our castle."

"You wish me go and deal with the rebels?" After so many years, their minds were as akin as if they were one.

"Yes... there is the chance that by the time they reach the city, their numbers will be enough to overwhelm, even if they are made up of raw countrymen."

"I understand."

And then Casimir put his head down together with her over the maps, and proceeded to wrangle out the best plan of attack.

--

Julia

Julia pointed to a spot on the close-up terrain map of a section of the mountains, at a spot bordering the mountain range fairly close to the kingsroad. The castle's libraries had a huge extensive collection of maps of the Great Kingdom, with hundreds upon thousands of maps of all kinds. There were political maps, terrain maps, coastal current maps, maps of fertile farmlands and the type of crop most common there... But most importantly, there were maps of close-up views of every part of the kingdom. "This seems the most plausible route they will take. Did your messenger say where they were?"

"Yes, he gave me a map." Casimir spread the parchment previously rolled up under his arm on the table, and put on a few paperweights to stop it from springing back together. "The scouts sent a bird." On the map was marked an X depicting the most recent location of the rebels when they were seen, as well as a line in blue of where they had been, where the scouts had tracked their prints.

Julia was pleased to see that she was correct. The blue line and little red X were precisely where she had pointed to. "We can fall upon the rebels from the pass. They'll be caught like a mouse in a mousetrap."

At that moment, a knock sounded at the door. "Enter!" Casimir called. Breathless and red-faced, a servant stumbled into the room and fell on his knees. "Your Grace, there has been birds..."

"And what about them?"

"They're...they're...from the scouts who sent the previous one, and they're injured." Another servant stepped up and brought up four pigeons: one with a missing leg, one without a foot, all of which were bloody and hurt. One with an odd-looking wing looked half-dead from the flight.

Julia spoke in a hushed voice, so only Casimir heard. "Did something happen to the scouts?"

Abruptly Casimir rose. "Julia, take 10 000 soldiers and win against the rebels. And also," he said quietly, so the servants couldn't hear, "take care." He looked as if he was about to clasp her shoulder, but thought better of it.

Arriving in the Democracy's camp, Bastilla went to find Lexi. She still had her hood drawn down over her eyes; it was unlikely that she was the only spy around, after all.

Greeting her leader with an incline of her head, Bastilla waited until they were alone (this included any prisoners) before lowering the hood.

"Casimir and Julia will attack the convoy. They do not want it to reach the city, so they will attack in the pass. I do not know how many troops they will bring, but I believe Julia will be there herself. If we can capture her -" She let her voice trail off as it was unnecessary to say any more; Julia's removal from the playing field would be a severe blow to Casimir.

"What shall I tell Conrad and Rin? If I can get them commit as many troops as possible, there is a chance that they and Casimir will wear each other down and leave an opening for us. But the added confusion might also cripple our chances to take Julia, bad as they already are; she is very formidable."

Rin was sprawled across on her four poster bed, making snow angels on the immaculate sheets. After having a snack with Conrad, she felt sleepy; food usually made Rin feel that way. Should I go to bed? Ever since the beginnings of the civil war, Rin's amount of sleep had been diminishing because of both insomnia and worry.

"To be honest, I would like to reunite the Rightful Rulers and merge the faction that my other siblings are in, perhaps it would do much more good than bad," Rin whispered to herself. "Perhaps we can overcome the Democracy and maybe we can bend the rules so not everything is a monarchy." She rose from her bed and grabbed her comb. After all of the creating 'snow angels' on her bed, Rin's hair had become a tangled mess. Thankfully, she had managed to brush through all of the knots in her blonde hair.

"But wait," she continued. "I doubt everyone would want to unite and become a fairer kingdom. There would always be the rebels that wish to overcome the peace and stability set in the land. What should we do if that happens?" Rin didn't want to think about the troubles of maintaining a kingdom and its subjects anymore. The allure of sleep had finally gotten to her; Rin closed her eyes and sank into the serenity that only rest could offer.

Edited by XiaoChibi

((I can move Bastilla to the Loyalist's camp for interaction with Rin, but to be honest it's starting to feel a bit awkward to have her move to a scene and then have the other person in it not reply :S))

(( It indeed is. I'm probably going to make a Democratic character, but then the acceptance process... Next time the owner posts, I'll send him a character sheet. Ideas aren't quite as creative as they were.))

((Sorry for the disappearance again; it's getting really hard to balance all the things I do. I think I maybe might abandon this, and I need your opinions.))

Julia

Julia narrowed her eyes from the persistent grey rain. It ran down her cloak and the chestnut horse she rode, soaking her until she was wet and cold and miserable. But she ignored it, and concentrated instead on the slight grumbles of the columns of soldiers riding and walking behind her. The war party had traveled for five days. In another three, two if they moved fast and the rain cleared up, they should reach the pass where the rebels were.

Julia's worry was the rain. They had left in a hurry and the old ration wagon had a rip. They had patched it up the best they could, but still the water would leak in and mold the food. Two days or more of the persistent rain, and the soldiers would protest and rebel.

Suddenly there was a shout. "Rider incoming!" Julia peered through the rain. She could make out the shape of a black horse, galloping fast. "Scout incoming!"

Julia trotted the horse forward. She could now see Casimir's coat-of-arms emblazoned on the scout's black tunic. The scout cantered to her. She read the name embroidered on his tunic: Duncan Greyson.

"What news?"

"We came upon the rebels, General. We reached them in two day's ride." Julia frowned - the rebels had moved so quickly, to be already in the pass. "They... they seem to be expecting attack." This was interesting news: firstly because Julia would have to revise their battle plans; secondly because it meant there must be a spy in Casimir's ranks who somehow heard of their plans.

"I understand, Scout Greyson. Thank you for your contribution." The scout dipped his head to her. After all, if Casimir was to maintain the cold, majestic, kingly character, she had to be the compassionate, understanding soldier.

Edited by Sylverfinger

((Sorry for the disappearance again; it's getting really hard to balance all the things I do. I think I maybe might abandon this, and I need your opinions.))

((I was very enthusiastic about this RP when we started. Currently, I am not as committed to it, wich I hope is understandable given the way it has stalled. I still think the setting and the characters we all made have a lot of potential, so I'd be very happy to re-commit and get the RP started again, but only if you as the RP leader, can do the same.

/.02))

Edited by Mistress of Whispers

((Like M. of W, I was also enthusiastic about this RP and the plot truly does have potential wink.gif I think the reason there isn't the greatest amount of commitment is because there aren't a lot of people RPing...

*places .02 in a jar*))

(( I agree with the others, this RP is great, just not they way it's been stalled. We'll need people to continue posting. It's early, and exams are close. We'll have that problem over soon, as well as the lack of posting and people. Closing the RP though may not be the solution, unless you are going to re-approve it.

I don't understand this jar thing, so I'm not going to get into it.))

((Perhaps the semi-lit to lit label is scaring people away xd.png Anyways, I agree with everyone's posts above this one, we must keep going on!))

((Thanks for your opinions, and all right. Once summer comes I'm sure I'll be posting much more frequently. For now I'm going to be trying to post at least once every 2-4 days.))

(( I got the impression that we weren't going to continue until everybody could be active.))

((I'm *sort of* active re: RPing, but it might take me a couple days to post))

((Bastilla is in a scene with Lexi, so I'm more or less waiting for a post from Kjakings. I could simply move her to another scene, but I did that once before when she was in a scene with Casimir and Julia so I'm not really looking forward to doing that again.

To be honest it looks like all of us are a bit 'out' of it when it comes to this RP. So perhaps we were too optimistic when we decided to try a continuation sad.gif.))

((Which is why I thought we weren't continuing until later. Everybody who signed up should be back once the summer is here.

((I'll get back in after others have posted - that way I can see who is active and decide where to move Bastilla next.))