TJ09

2013-03-31 - Festival of Eggs

So it will be 42? xd.png

@PointOfOrigin, CheshireFox: The okami thing, now that I look at it, and after you people talking about it, i'm not sure anymore xd.png

@Kaini, Rosella Surmane: Transformers confirmed then~

@Wolfs_Bane: Also thought the same because, well, rainbow xd.png

The tree thing, Yggdrasil? Or reference to our Giving Tree? Or...?

Not all of them have to be references. I think the rainbow one is just a rainbow. And the nesting dolls ARE nesting dolls, but is that a reference? If you're going to just label what they are, then why haven't you labeled the turkeys? You might as well.

Btw, just thought I'd throw this out there:

I made the stupid purple lamb on the banner. But the original one was kinda different.

Because who else would make a purple sheep. cool.gif

I've gotten 17 so far and they're all gorgeous! Would the turkeys be HoF's contribution, by any chance? ^^

It is not stupid! I love the boarder you all did a great job on it! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I'm up to 19 eggs and I think my favorite is the sun and moon transitioning one. Love the design of that one.

Edited by AccusingShadows

Yay, all 41!

Anyone else got their lutos-revolving egg replaced randomly by the dolphin?

Not all of them have to be references. I think the rainbow one is just a rainbow. And the nesting dolls ARE nesting dolls, but is that a reference? If you're going to just label what they are, then why haven't you labeled the turkeys? You might as well.

Chill bro. We know, we just said it reminded us of Rainbow Dash.

Sorry, because of so many references to so many fandoms, I've been having fun trying to guess them all, but shouldn't have done that. Some of the nature ones don't look like references, that's true, but still fun to try to guess relate them to something.

I added that one because people talked about it, since there is a film with that name and also a vocaloid song. Totally unrelated and nothing to do with the film/song? Maybe, most probably.

Why I didn't add all the others? Iunno, didn't feel like it since no one mentioned? ._.

Sorry if I'm having too much fun here, I really didn't want to bother you or anyone else.

Edited by LaHaine

The "Kitsune" egg was never intended to be an Okami reference (though I could see how that could be gotten). It's actually just a reference to Kitsune masks, not any specific game or show.

Just a little fox egg. c:

I don't have many eggs yet, but so far, they look really cool. biggrin.gif

AAAAND since there is a portal styled looking egg, I felt we needed another video game styled egg, sooooo..........

For the HALO fans. xd.png hehe

Master Chief eggy. lol

user posted image

The "Kitsune" egg was never intended to be an Okami reference (though I could see how that could be gotten). It's actually just a reference to Kitsune masks, not any specific game or show.

Just a little fox egg. c:

Thank you for clarifying!

I don't have many eggs yet, but so far, they look really cool. biggrin.gif

AAAAND since there is a portal styled looking egg, I felt we needed another video game styled egg, sooooo..........

For the HALO fans. xd.png hehe

Master Chief eggy. lol

user posted image

Haha love it! I was trying to imagine what a master chief egg would look like earlier and now I know smile.gif

Well I have 28 eggs now biggrin.gif

Edit: Finally got the silver celtic egg! wub.gif

Edited by majors

Yay, all 41!

Anyone else got their lutos-revolving egg replaced randomly by the dolphin?

Yeah, it seems to be on the third revolution, I think.

Chill bro. We know, we just said it reminded us of Rainbow Dash.

Sorry, because of so many references to so many fandoms, I've been having fun trying to guess them all, but shouldn't have done that. Some of the nature ones don't look like references, that's true, but still fun to try to guess relate them to something.

I added that one because people talked about it, since there is a film with that name and also a vocaloid song. Totally unrelated and nothing to do with the film/song? Maybe, most probably.

Why I didn't add all the others? Iunno, didn't feel like it since no one mentioned? ._.

Sorry if I'm having too much fun here, I really didn't want to bother you or anyone else.

I wasn't bothered, I was just voicing my opinion. tongue.gif I actually meant that you should label the turkeys, it would make sense to do so since you have already started labeling them. I have no problem with you associating rainbows with a character from a cartoon, but I just felt that if they wanted to reference that they would have made it a little more... horse-ish(?). I wouldn't get about 90% of the references, so I really do appreciate what you are doing. I'm sorry if what I said made it seem like I was somehow upset with what you are trying to do.

sweet i just started about half hour ago and i have 3 eggs. they are such neat designs i like the one that looks like boba fett

well thank you... google gave me this http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/MSNBC/Componen...01.standard.jpg 

blink.gif  blink.gif  blink.gif

sleep is overrated...

And they are so adorable..

Where it's from: What it is: What it means or comment

41 Portal: turret: no hard feelings

34 Transformers: Starscream: DC Chatmod wink.gif For those who want their own chatmod pet tongue.gif

27 Isopod: Deep Sea Isopod: May you never sleep again

Edited by Starscream

I wasn't bothered, I was just voicing my opinion. tongue.gif I actually meant that you should label the turkeys, it would make sense to do so since you have already started labeling them. I have no problem with you associating rainbows with a character from a cartoon, but I just felt that if they wanted to reference that they would have made it a little more... horse-ish(?). I wouldn't get about 90% of the references, so I really do appreciate what you are doing. I'm sorry if what I said made it seem like I was somehow upset with what you are trying to do.

No problem xd.png I made that list because I wanted to organize everything people had said and have a little bit of fun, and thought twice before posting it because I didn't want to bother anyone with it (be it spoilers or arguments about a particular egg)

I only labeled 2, others were all other people, really.

I understand what you said, I just really edited the ones people mentioned, adding all the other ones, I'm not sure what I should even call some of them xd.png I think almost all references are done either way, apart from 2 or 3

@Starscream: Added Isopod egg xd.png

Edited by LaHaine

I'm going to throw out a really WILD guess and suggest that #38 is a 'Ladybug'... just a suggestion so don't throw any aphids at me ( mumble, mumble, mumble)

LOL!!!

My count is 35 now...

OOPS! 36

Edited by Husky51

Im at 30 eggs now biggrin.gif Just got a black and lime green egg.

I feel like I'm the only one who didn't go with a specific theme or fandom while making an egg. I just... made a normal boring egg. rolleyes.gif

I'm actually not too fond of the fact that there are so many references this year. I would have liked to see more natural looking Easter eggs (like the first 2 years). But that's just me....

They are all still very pretty though! <3