dustpuppy

The Thread formerly known as Rare-For-Common

This oath is a good idea  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't imagine that any slight was meant to the artists. Some people find it more beautiful to display only a couple of each sprite, and other people find it more beautiful to have a wall of each one. It's just different artistic tastes, not a lack of appreciation for the art.

I agree with you that there are many different ways to interpret "quality," though, and no one person's definition of whose scroll is quality and whose is not is inherently any more important or more "correct" than anyone else's.

Mm, I can see that side of it, I suppose. The way it was worded was just... hrm, rubbed me the wrong way? I also really didn't mean that my way of quality was better in any way, shape, or form. Just wanted to point out that there is a variety in quality just like there is a variety in what everyone sees as worth, I think you got that well though. :3

Rivers, I made that "leap" because, yes, I felt like it was worded rather harshly. So, pardon me for actually taking offense to that wording, just because I know how hard it is to make these sprites and how time consuming it is. When a term like 'quality' got used, it made it sound as if the standard isn't anywhere near that of the rares. Sooooo yeah. That's how that happened, cause we were talking about the dragons themselves first. I sure you know then, how it feels to be told yer art is just not good enough from that perspective. Never said I thought it was an intentional smack, but it just came off that way and I pointed it out as such. Tone is hard to read through words and I apologize for jumping so quickly, because I personally don't see quality the way you do. :3

Forest, I gotcha, I gotcha. Like I said, it just came off...eeeh. *gestures above* It's just one of those things where subjective ideas didn't mesh for a moment. Also, I suggested the trade thread, I believe. Probably start fresh if we were to make a trade thread out of it and put where it needs to be. Having an official trading thread of posting only rares for commons, somewhat in the way the rare trade thread is set up. That way it's not something that would hang over you guys like a moral wet blanket. Yes? Cause I really don't want the people who value rares as they are to be 'the bad guys' just cause your worth values are different. sad.gif As Dubious pointed out earlier, it's been stated so many times that there is no right or wrong way to play. This is just something I would like to see more of, personally.

ETA: Rivers and I had a chat and we've figured out where the miscommunication came in. We good now! cool.gif

Edited by Bu-tan

But I still don't see how you could make a connection to art, from amount quantity and quality of a scroll?

Artwork isn't even in the same category. Still was a rather harsh knee-jerk reaction, possibly based on something going on outside of this game? If so, then I'm sorry about that.

But yes, I did mean amount on my scroll to quality of lineages and such on my scroll. I just cannot make an oath that requires me to overload my scroll with stuff I do not want.

Edited by Riverwillows

I think it is a sickening slap in the face to the artists who did the "commons" instead of the "rares". The White dragons and the Speckles look nearly as good, if not better, than the gold metals. Just because they drop in the cave changes nothing. It just lets more people enjoy their wonderful art.

how funny to come and see this thread when I just spent some time going through the dragon tree page to pick the ones I really like.

I had noticed that although I collect lots of different dragons, there are always some that when I look at them I just think they're prettier - it just a matter of personal taste, you know.

I decided some of my favorites are:

electric

tangar

daydream

gray

purple

most of the pygmies

I was deciding how to plan a personal breeding project, without worrying about rares and metallics, but just the dragons whose appearance I favor.

I think ALL the dragons are equally beautiful, and the artwork is amazing, but of course, some will call louder than others to each of us.

I don't think it'd be worth fighting about, and whatever misunderstanding has happened, move on, be happy biggrin.gif

Deb

I don't think it'd be worth fighting about, and whatever misunderstanding has happened, move on, be happy biggrin.gif

Deb

Neither did we after we have a wonderfully nice chat in PMs rather then dragging it out here. :3

We figured out where we ended up with our miscommunications and have since gotten on the same page of thinking! *handwaves* That was so last night though. *chuckles* I've gotten some sleep in since then and actually can focus better now.

Anyway! I assume from what feedback we've gotten that if we were just to start a trading group rather then an oath group, everyone would be chill with that? Hm? IF so, perhaps brainstorming a name for the group would be a better use of energy then rehashing all that random derail all over again.

I'm still liking my random 'The Appeal of Commons'. It's got a nice sound to it. I'd like to hear what others can toss out though. I'm sure Dust would love more feedback on it too.

The White dragons and the Speckles look nearly as good, if not better, than the gold metals. Just because they drop in the cave changes nothing. It just lets more people enjoy their wonderful art.

I agree, the whites are one of my favorite dragons on here, and I use them extensively in lineages. Their graceful feathery wings just go with everything, IMHO.

They've been available for *seven years,* though. That's an eternity in Internet years. :-) I have more than 100 of them already. I'm just not really in need of more, unless they have really pretty lineages.

Coastal Waverunners ftw!

And Tri-Horns are lovely. I can't wait to see what the new releases are that come out. As prolific as metals have been breeding, If I had a few extra, I'd probably try to trade them for new stuff.

Edited by Vhale