AngelKitty

If you could live forever...

Would You Want To Live Forever?  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Immortality is overrated

( take it from the almost immortal here)

It is seriously overrated it is not as great as you think because if you screw up that is with you forever they may not remember but you will after a while things begin to blur you forget the mind is not built to hold that much memory you forget who you were things you've done places you've been . blink.gif

I'd take immortal youth in a heartbeat.

There are so many things to do, to see, and even if I end up forgetting things due to not having enough brainmeats, it just means I get to experience things as if they were new once again.

And I've never been good at making emotional attachments to people, sadly, so that isn't much of a con for me. I may not truly know the good and the bad of immortality, but I'd leap for the opportunity should it ever appear.

Being the slightly unattached person I am, I'd say that I would love to be immortal, simply because there are so many things to do, to see, and right now I'm spending most of my life in school, where not much joy happens. As for my loved ones, I would carry their memories with me forever.

I would probably accept right away if I could become my OC, no thinking involved.

Edited by Skystep6

-Ponders- I'd be open to it if my husband could stay with me and be immortal too, and if we could look like our OC's from the Fallout games! xd.png

As to the argument of watching everyone around you die it might be depressing at first but we'd get over it.

Oh would I? I'd LOVE to.

Let's face the cold hard truth folks, the only reason we've "Accepted" death as a part of life is because we have no choice on the matter, eh? I'd frickin love to be eternally young, and I'd frickin love to watch everyone else around me wither and die like soggy prunes left out in the sun, while I go on to experience the future.

First thing's first though, I'd either need a foolproof way to hide my identity, or change it every 20-30 or so years so as not to provoke the jealous or zealous who'd want in on my immortality, or brand me the antichrist and try to kill me or something.

Because when you're immortal, nothing becomes a lifelong commitment.

I can live many many many lives over and experience everything that any mere mortal always hated never getting the chance to do. I'd have an eternity to perfect anything I so desire, and I'd bloody well do it! Because with enough time, anything is possible.

If I could live forever, I would do so. However, the immortality must come with perpetual youth and unlimited brain capacity because I intend to learn and experience all the world has to offer. There are so many languages to learn, skills to master, books to read, food to taste, places to explore, games to play, things to experience, things to create, etc. At the same time, as time passes, there will be new books, new food, new games, changes to places, etc. I think that the world may be able to satisfy me for eternity. Although it will be part of my exploration to meet new people too, I will most likely keep to myself during majority of my activities and I will only have relationships on acquaintance level. Besides the fact that I usually prefer to be alone, I don't think that I will be able to form deep relationships anyway because I will always be moving from place to place.

I would if I was turned into a Dalek in the form of a raptor. I wouldn't kill, but I would travel through time and space with a TARDIS.

Ultimately, no.

I have some curiosity of what the future may hold (most of this is in space exploration), but ultimately, I don't think I really want to see what the future holds. +Outliving everyone and everything I care about doesn't sound so great.

In the end, albeit very tempting, living forever has more cons than pros IMO.

No. No way. The thing is, yes it would be cool in some respects, but all the dying around me would lead me into a life of misery. Instead of just watching my grandparents and parents die, I would have to watch my children, my grandchildren, my best friends, the kids I babysit for, everyone will die and leave me and I don't think I could handle that.

It depends, would I get to stay my smexy beautiful young self, or would I grow old? wink.gif hahaha...

in all seriousness, I would be interested to be able to live forever, just to see what the future holds, say, in a couple hundred years time. I mean, we developed so much in the past 100 years alone, but being unable to die, and living forever... that would be awful. Eventually, you would be the only thing left after the world itself dies, what then? you just float around in nothing for the rest of eternity?

No thanks. I don't much fancy that.

Only if I could be young forever. Say, if I could look 25 throughout my whole existence, that'd be awesome. And perfectly healthy. I'd use that gift to learn everything and study many careers. I'd try to help humanity with the knowledge I gather throughout generations.