Darien

Quotes game...

Was that from one of the books? If so, which one?

It's from the show 'Sherlock'.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -The Doctor

Fate. It is an idea as old as life itself. Do our choices shape the future, or is it the other way round?. And if the path we walk is predestined. If the way we are to meet our end is knowable. What might that knowledge compel to us to do?...

"What we do in life echoes in eternity."

attributed to Maximus Decimus Meridius. currently used by American military contractors.

Beneath the sky's triumphal arch this music sounded like a march. And with its chorus seemed to be. Preluding some great tragedy...Begirt with many a blazing star. Stood the great giant Algebar, Orion, hunter of the beast!. His sword hung gleaming by his side, And on his arm the lion's hide. Scattered across the midnight air the golden radiance of its hair...

The Occultation of Orion...

By Henry Wadsworth Longfellow...

"Pictures of perfection make me sick and wicked" - Jane Austen, around 200 years ago. When told the characters in her stories were not well behaved and "lady like" enough.

Sad thing is, this quote is still very relatable today, people, especially young girls, strive to meet certain "standards" set out for them. For instance, being skinny enough, being pretty enough. To be "girly enough" or "boyish" enough, in the case of boys. Forced gender roles still exist to a pretty high degree, and its awful

These sort of things lead to eating disorders, it leads to confidence issues and depression, it leads to bad things.

And it's sickening that this is the way the world is. >.<

May Your Seas Be Calm And Your Winds Be Fair. But When Life Brings A Storm, Trust In God And Go A Little Bit Viking

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." -The Doctor

One of my favourite quotes! laugh.gif

user posted image

"42."

"Oh Deep Thought - can you tell us the Answer - to Life, the Universe and Everything?"

"Tricky"

(I wanted to point out - I got you tongue.gif)

Murphy says...

If at first you don't succeed call in an air strike!...

Whoever is trying too bring you down, is already below you!...

We Say Atoms Are Bound By Weak Attractors...

Why Not Admit The Truth: The Universe Is Held Together By Love...

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."

- C.S. Lewis

"Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today." - Jordan Peterson

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss