Darien

Quotes game...

The quote game is another easy one of my games all you have too do is post a quote that you have seen or head...

What ever can go wrong already has, you just don't know about it yet!...

"My dear Frodo. Hobbits really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you."

- Gandalf -

"I would lay down my life for America, But I can not trifle wo\ith my honor!"...

John Paul Jones...

If your going too do something wrong, as least enjoy it!...

lol babe, i agree

I thought you like that one... laugh.gif

If I had done it I would have finished it!...

"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all."

- Aristotle

"Don't do to others what you don't want others to do to you."

- Unknown

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever."

- Chinese Proverb

"Good habits formed at youth make all the difference."

- Aristotle

"Don't be afraid if things seem difficult in the beginning. That's only the initial impression. The important thing is not to retreat; you have to master yourself."

- Olga Korbut

"You were given this life because you were strong enough to live it."

- Unknown

"Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you."

- Aldous Huxley

"Always aim for achievement, and forget about success."

- Helen Hayes

"Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom."

- Aristotle

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it."

- Confucius

Edited by Slytherin7

"That's the difference between irony and sarcasm. Irony can be spontaneous, while sarcasm requires volition. You have to create sarcasm.”

-Christopher Moore

“I don't know how you persist in being so stubborn-"

"It's a superpower. I was bitten by a radioactive mule.”

-Shannon Hale(It goes for me too xd.png)

Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some go ideas!...

"If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough."

- Albert Einstein

"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

- Albert Einstein

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

- Albert Einstein

"Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much."

- Oscar Wilde

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country."

~Nathan Hale

It took me years to find this one. I only had that his name was Nathan and that it was patriotic. I am idiotically dedicated.

How we deal with death is at least as inportant as how we deal with life...

I don't believe in a no-win sceanrio...

By Adniral James T Kirk...

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

― Marilyn Monroe

He who seeks knowledge is never a fool...

Mike Regan...

'Shoot all the blue jays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember, it's a sin to kill a mockingbird.'

~Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Edited by SoiledLove

BEHOLD WALL OF TEXT

"Did she die free?" asked Jem.

"As the mountain air," said Atticus. "...—I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do. Mrs. Dubose won, all ninety-eight pounds of her. According to her views, she died beholden to nothing and nobody. She was the bravest person I ever knew."

Finch: To begin with, this case should never have come to trial. The State has not produced one iota of medical evidence that the crime Tom Robinson is charged with ever took place. It has relied instead upon the testimony of two witnesses whose evidence has not only been called into serious question on cross examination, but has been flatly contradicted by the defendant. Now there is circumstantial evidence to indicate that Mayella Ewell was beaten savagely by someone who led, almost exclusively, with his left [hand]. And Tom Robinson now sits before you, having taken "The Oath" with the only good hand he possesses -- his right.

I have nothing but pity in my heart for the Chief Witness for the State. She is the victim of cruel poverty and ignorance. But, my pity does not extend so far as to her putting a man's life at stake, which she has done in an effort to get rid of her own guilt. Now I say "guilt," gentlemen, because it was guilt that motivated her. She's committed no crime. She has merely broken a rigid and time-honored code of our society, a code so severe that whoever breaks it is hounded from our midst as unfit to live with. She must destroy the evidence of her offense. But, what was the evidence of her offense? Tom Robinson, a human being. She must put Tom Robinson away from her. Tom Robinson was to her a daily reminder of what she did.

Now what did she do? She tempted a negro. She was white and she tempted a negro. She did something that in our society is unspeakable: She kissed a black man. Not an old uncle, but a strong, young negro man. No code mattered to her before she broke it, but it came crashing down on her afterwards.

The witnesses for the State, with the exception of the sheriff of Lincoln County, have presented themselves to you gentlemen -- to this Court -- in the cynical confidence that their testimony would not be doubted; confident that you gentlemen would go along with them on the assumption, the evil assumption, that all negroes lie; all negroes are basically immoral beings; all negro men are not to be trusted around our women, an assumption that one associates with minds of their caliber, and which is in itself, gentlemen, a lie -- which I do not need to point out to you.

And so, a quiet, humble, respectable negro, who has had the unmitigated TEMERITY to feel sorry for a white woman, has had to put his word against two white peoples. The defendant is not guilty. But somebody in this courtroom is.

Now, gentlemen, in this country our courts are the great levelers. In our courts, all men are created equal. I'm no idealist to believe firmly in the integrity of our courts and of our jury system. That's no ideal to me. That is a living, working reality!

Now I am confident that you gentlemen will review without passion the evidence that you have heard, come to a decision, and restore this man to his family.

In the name of God, do your duty. In the name of God, believe Tom Robinson.

"The secret of life is to fall seven times and get up eight times."

- Paulo Coelho

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new."

- Albert Einstein

"Every day may not be good; but there's something good in every day."

- Unknown

"If you change nothing, nothing will change."

- Unknown xd.png

"True friends stab you in the front."

- Oscar Wilde

Edited by Slytherin7

Onces you have tasted flight. You will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward . For there you have been and there you willalways long too return...

Arriving at ones goal is the starting of another...

Life is pleasant, Death is peaceful, its the transition thats troublesome...