Clown_of_God

Infinity City

Mariah carefully approached the trucks. There were three of them, and none of them had drivers sitting in them.

"I wonder where the drivers are..." Mariah thought.

She used extreme caution, just in case any of the drivers were lurking nearby. She approached the first truck and realized that the doors weren't locked. They probably wanted to ensure a speedy getaway. She opened the drivers side door and carefully shot a laser into the ignition key hole. This completely disabled the truck. She climbed in to the second and did the same. Then, just as she shot the laser in to the third trucks ignition, she heard a small commotion inside the bank and two of the drivers came out of the building. Mariah got out of the truck and disappeared around the corner before the drivers could realize what had happened. A few seconds later, Mariah landed beside Max, "Their taken care of," She whispered, "How is the rest of the plan going?"

(( Oohsies.

Character Name: Hollow

Powers: Hollow can shape shift into people. And a black cat.

Looks: Hollow has orange(like the color orange) hair up to her soldiers with a black headband that had a bow in the middle. She has bangs. Her eyes are black and her dress is orange with a black sash on her waist. She wears black leggings and orange flats.

Personality: Hollow is a sneaky person. She often changes into people around her to be more annoying, and steals others' things as a black cat.

Hero/Villain: More of a Villain, sometimes a Hero.

Other: nope.

Dante arrived at the scene just as Phantom went into action. Crossing his arms, Dante lingered through the crowd until he was at the barrier made by the police. Pushing past the barrier, Dante made his way to the staircase just outside the entrance and stopped at the first step. When a police officer ordered him to hault, several tendrils waved off Dante's body like sparks of electricity. Stunned, the officers jumped to the other side of their barriers and aimed their weapons at Dante.

"Oh yes, because that always worked for y'all in the past. Come on, I'm not even here to 'disrupt the peace' or ami I?"

Dante chuckled, mostly at himself and proceeded into the building. Passing through the glass doorway, he was greeted by a flying body that landed just next to him. It was evident Phantom was already at work. Continuing his walk, the recently airborne body scuffled off the floor and ran outside.

"One day, I'm gonna get hit and you aren't going to like my reaction."

Another body fell to the ground just behind Dante and when he looked back, Phantom was staring at him through the tinted goggles of his mask. Sighing, Dante raised his hands up, showing he wasn't here to cause trouble and watched as Phantom disappeared again.

Hollow was a black cat. She liked her powers, and that would explain why she would turn into someone she saw... Because some man told her. These normal people were just TERRIFIED of black cats. What was wrong with them? Hollow hissed at some girl, who ran away crying. "Don't mess with me!" She cackled, but it would only be heard as a meow.

"Okay and it's going well for now," Max said in reply once Mariah had returned. "Phantom's inside and taking care of some of the robbers." Just as she finished saying that, she saw one of the robbers come out after looking like he had been beat up a bit before creating a barrier illusion around him so that he couldn't go anywhere. She did the same to the drivers that had come out of the building earlier when Mariah was off tinkering with the trucks before heading over to the one that she trapped in her illusion, knocking him out shortly afterward, and then did the same to the two drivers that she had trapped as well. She then gestured to a few cops to take care of them and then returned to her spot next to Mariah.

After Phantom had taken care of a majority of the robbers, he reappeared near where Dante had been standing and scratched the back of his head. Something didn't seem right. Disappearing again, it took about five minutes before Phantom returned to his spot.

"I can't find the mayor or the leader. There's no 'back door' they could've escaped from and all possible exits are under surveillance by the police and my assistants outside."

"Quit going in such roundabout ways trying to ask for my help. We may not see eye to eye all the time, but I voted for this guy too. Give me a second."

Dante's eyes once again went to their blood red color as he peered around the building. Suddenly, Dante began to snicker, which grew into a chuckle, and then a sinister laugh. Phantom just looked at him like he was crazy, but Dante didn't care.

"Wow! I can't believe we were caught like that. I mean, just prancing in, even knowing you we're inside, just seemed way too casual for a hold-up. Phantom, this entire thing... it's all fake. We're in some sort of illusion or altered dimension."

Phantom didn't show any signs of feeling stupid nor did he show any concern in the kind of situation they were in. This irritated Dante and it clearly showed as he scowled and began to pace about. Suddenly, an explosion of tendrils shot out from Dante and several screams echoed in what appeared to be an empty room. Then, three bodies appeared, blood streaming from their newly acquired injuries.

"Alright, boss man. Let up this image and show yourself. Else I have a little surprise in store for you. My friend here wouldn't approve, but you messed with the wrong mayor."

While Dante was talking, Phantom removed the three crooks from the bank, dropping them outside and then returning to his position near Dante.

((In case you haven't noticed, Dante has a tendency to take the 'Bad Cop' role, but don't relax too much... I've got something planned in just a moment.))

((okay and i have a few ideas for drama adders; i could say them here but maybe it would be best to make an ooc thread to post non-rp comments, such as this in, so that we don't clog up the rp with them and then i can post my ideas in there...also I'm waiting for kat and Laurent to post in reply to my posts as Dani and Max so i can't do anything rp-wise right now.))

((Ack. Any idea on how exactly to poof Tsuki in? I'll post after that.))

"I wonder how much longer it will take for Phantom to take care of things?" Mariah wondered aloud.

"I think I will go see if things are going okay inside," Mariah told Max, "and then I will come back and tell you."

And with that, she was gone.

Hollow had just padded by and saw Mariah talking to Max. she bounded over and meowed. Then Mariah went away. "Wow." she said, which was just a meow.

A loud explosion shook the area and buildings began to collapse around the bank. Phantom lingered in the air after he had teleported away, a cold relentless look in his eyes as he slowly drifted back to the ground. Dante had taken the brunt of the explosion, forming a shield to absorb most of the blast. Whether the crowd around the bank was safe or not, Phantom hoped that his companions were able to handle it and keep everyone safe. Unfortunately, there was little he could do in saving the mayor.

- Ten Minutes Ago -

Just as Dante finished his comment, several of the henchmen appeared and charged both Dante and Phantom. As little of a threat as they were, their numbers kept growing and they appeared more rapidly. Phantom did what he could to fight off a majority of the thugs, while as Dante seemed to be enjoying himself. It wasn't until there was a pause that Dante explained the situation.

"They're copies. Seems he's able to 'duplicate' anything and throw it at you. Like this room is probably a duplicate he placed."

"So, I shouldn't worry about these guys then? If they're only fakes..."

"That's the interesting part. This room has an 'illusionary' effect while these clones are the real deal."

Nodding in understanding, Phantom had to admit that Dante was helpful at times. After a couple more minutes fighting off waves of clones, the room's scenery changed and They both got a look at the gore. Six mangled bodies laid in pools of their own blood while those that were being held hostage hung in the air by ropes tied to the support beams. Sitting on the counter was the man responsible, his eyes were dark but his body looked drained. Probably the result from using his ability.

"You pieces of meat are ruining my plans. I should've killed you both when you first came in instead of waiting for so long."

"Hey now, I'm an advanced piece of meat. So advance, I chop up spoiled pieces of meat, like yourself, all on my own."

Phantom remained silent, peering around to see if he could locate where the mayor was hidden. Of course, their opponent took notice and smiled meniachly at them. Twitching his head, another one of his henchmen pulled a man out from one of the rooms. Not even hesitating, Phantom teleported over and immediately took out the henchman only to realize his efforts were pointless.

Before Phantom could do anything further, a bright flash illuminated the area and as a reaction, he teleported out of the facility just on time to see it ignite into a great ball of flame.

Edited by zakku_uchiha

((you could have him/her just walk around the city or be in the area of the bank and be one of the onlookers in the crowd there))

Max nodded in reply to what Mariah said and then looked down in time to see a cat appear. She smiled a bit before crouching down and petting its fur a few times before straightening up again. She didn't mind the sight of black cats like most people since the color of fur didn't really matter to her.

Just as the buildings around the facility started to collapse, she was able to create two metal shields in front of the onlookers as well as the cops just in time so that no shrapnel hit them but got hit herself a few times but was okay except for a few scratches. Then when the facility burst into a giant ball of flame, she could only watch and hope that both Phantom and Mariah got out in time.

Dani heard a big noise and turned just in time to see a building light up in flames. She hoped that Dante was okay and nowhere near that building although she swore that she had seen him head in that direction in pursuit of his target earlier. She just hoped that if he was in the building that blew up that he got out in time before it happened.

Hollow ran behind a shield, just not to get hit. Se could turn into Mariah, but that didn't seem right. She liked her own clothes anyways. Sometimes other peoples' clothes were uncomfortable. Especially work suits or those snotty girls that went to private schools. She shook her head. Time to stop being a stupid cat. She shook herself and turned back into her normal self, looking down to make sure nothing happened.

Edited by girlfairy76

((Blargh. Whatever.)) Tsuki looked up from where she was standing when a loud explosion went off and the lampost nearly flattened her. Dodging half a falling building, she dashed into a nearby alley, jumped up and kicked off the wall, and spread her wings. She flew over to where the bank was, and looked around. "Whoa," she said. "What in the inconceivable hecks happened here?"

When Phantom landed on solid ground, Dante cleared his throat to draw the attention of the teleporter. Smoldering clothes and some noticeable burns, Dante tapped his foot as Phantom looked him over for any serious wounds.

"I'll be fine, dammit. My question is, why the hell did you just leave me in there? Couldn't take an extra second to grab me or anything? Sheesh. Some hero you are."

A wave of tendrils ran over Dante's body and he appeared as if nothing even happened to him. Phantom returned his attention to the bank and scratched the back of his head.

"Surprise update: whoever that was inside wasn't the real guy. One of his duplicates or whatever. Watched him vanish just as all the other clones did when the building exploded. If I'd thought ahead, I would've consumed one of the b*censorkip.gif*. Might have gotten a lead to where the real guy is, but that's no longer my concern. Guess I'll wait until the reelection and choose another mayor. Hopefully Rickshaw will try running again, I'd vote for him."

"So, I'm guessing you're done playing good today?"

"Meh. I've got other matters to attend to. Got a lead to the guy I'm looking for and..."

"Acid Titans or whatever? I was in the area earlier and overheard you. Don't know much on them, though, other than their leader is one of the top Most Wanted guys in the city. No clue to where he is or what his real name is. I recommend you stop searching for him, though, and end your ways of... excavating intelligence."

Dante scoffed at Phantom and began to chuckle, slapping his knee a couple times before raising his hands in the air.

"You know I can't do that, Phantom and don't go playing the heroic role now. I tried helping you, but both of us were in over our heads. Just let me do my thing and ill try not to cause too much trouble."

After the fire calmed a bit, Dani could see two forms in front of it and one of them was Dante. She sighed a bit in relief before making her way over to them in her fox form. Whe she was next to Dante she scratched his leg a bit to get his attention and then gave him a look that said, "You're an idiot you know that?"

"Hey, you can change too?" Hollow asked, running over to Dani. She looked at Dante. "I remember you!" Dante had told her how she had powers and that stuff. She turned into a black cat.

Mariah was about to enter the building when it exploded. She was able to get away pretty quickly, but still got some minor burns on her arms and legs.

She got back to her post beside Max and watched the burning building. Then she saw movement in front of the building. At least two people, standing there, talking.

"I hope one of those people is Phantom and that he is okay," she said with concern in her voice to Max. Mariah reached back to fix her braided hair, and noticed that about of an inch of it had burnt off. Also, her burns were beginning to sting pretty bad.

"Want to go check out the damage down there?" She asked Max, "Then I will have to find something to put on these burns."

Edited by katniss959798

"Me too," Max said in reply to Mariah's statement after the former came back over to where she was. She was also relieved to find out that the other was okay for the most part aside from the burns and wasn't dead. She then heard the other girl's question and other statement before saying in reply to it, "Sure." She then started to head towards the front of the building where there looked to be a meeting of some sort after dropping the shields from around both the police and the crowd of onlookers.

Dani just nodded at Hollow's question about her having the ability to change as well before having her attention go back to being on Dante as she waited for him to notice her.

"Great!" Hollow exclaimed. She followed Dani's gaze to Dante. I wonder what he's doing now. He blew up the bank? she thought curiously.

(Sorry, I'm thinking of dropping out since nothing is really making sense to me right now)

((I think what Laurent means is that she doesn't know what's going on and where everyone is, and yeah. I don't either.))

((well a few people walked around the city and another one, Catori, walked up to Dante because he looked familiar but then he went off to chase after another target of his before a bank robbery occurred; he showed up there and ended up helping Phantom a bit and some other characters showed up at the bank to try to find out what happened, Dani, Hollow, Tsuki, while others helped with the chaos, Mariah and Max...well Dani showed up afterward when she saw that Dante was okay but still))